A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-in (come in and chat awhile)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:15 pm

ahhhhhhh, how cute! Such a fun age!! Independent but still want Mommy, creative and imaginative. What a lot of work though when they were babies, hope you had help when they were babies! I have a couple of friends who are twins and they love it. 2 sets identical and one fraternal both same sex. My niece and nephew are twins but they were IVF as are triples of people I know. Actually, there are more sets of twins now that I think about it...never really stopped to think about it.

Do twins run in your family? Are they identical?

Local time: Wed May 29, 2024 3:36 pm

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:56 pm

Yeah, they love to be creative! I would get them an art station or something for Christmas, but they would leave the caps off the markers and break all the crayons within a few days, lol. (They have done this before several times).
Yes, it was a lot of work, but I had my husband, my family and his family to help out with the girls. Lots of support and love.
I had to Google IVF, lol. Yeah, you never really stop and think about or realize just how many sets of twins or triplets there are in the world until you have some yourself or have them in your immediate family.
Yes, twins run in my family and his both, lol. For mine: my grandpap was a twin, but his died at birth, I have twin cousins, and now I have twins. For his: his grandmother has twin sisters and he has twin cousins.
My girls are fraternal. Katarina has curly hair after him and Aurelia has straight hair after me. Their skin is a permanent tan color because of my pale and his caramel colors. It is beautiful!
Here is a picture from last year:

Local time: Wed May 29, 2024 6:36 pm

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Fiel-kun » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:59 pm

Awww... dragoness, you have such an adorable twin daughters :)

*hugs for both of them*

I had no idea you were a mom already.

Local time: Thu May 30, 2024 7:36 am

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm responsible for what I post.
You're responsible for what you understand.

| He/Him | Scorpio | Philippines +8 GMT |
:L_Wing: Play & Interact with my pets :R_Wing:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:08 pm

oh my goodness they are adorable!!! Look at those big brown beautiful bright eyes and those cute dimples! I'd be wanting to squeeze them every day with hugs. They must bring so much joy into your day!

Wow, that must have been something carrying 2 at once, did you deliver early?

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Thank you very much, Fiel! ^_^
Yeah, I will be turning 26 on the 26th of November, on Thanksgiving day! Bonus! I am super excited for this extraordinary date! -dances around-

Lemon - Thank you very much! ^_^
Nope, I carried them all 38 weeks, which is normal for twins. If anyone having twins were to go all 40, there might have been complications. I had a C-section, which was nice not having to experience labor pains. Though the shot in the back was really painful. >_<
I love my girls. ^_^

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:26 pm

ah, dragoness, it's your golden birthday! It will be a very special birthday indeed!

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:34 pm

Hopefully, my last few have been rather sad. Stuff happening in real life making it sad. Hopefully this will be better. ^_^

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:37 pm

That is sad, birthdays should be a day of celebrating. I will hope for a special day for you too! Make sure you plan out what you want to do...have your girls bake a cake with you, they should love making icing!

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Yeah. We like to all go out to eat at the birthday person's choice for each birthday. The baking the cake sounds like fun. ^_^ I am sure they will love helping out. They already have shown an interest and have helped with some cooking and baking. Though I would love to get a working oven first! >_< Waiting on the landlord to fix this one right now.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:40 pm

lol, toaster ovens work ok for cupcakes if you have one (or for baking cookies). Keep an eye open for cupcake makers on sale, you can find some on sale AND have a coupon making them under $20 and they work pretty good.

Ya, I know what it is like to have to be creative without an oven!Not everyone likes cake anyway. My one friend does doughnuts and another likes pie. Can you borrow the oven from family? Bake it over there and decorate it at your place. Box cakes are like 99 cents.Maybe someone will be making/getting you a cake anyway.

Postby dragoness129 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:27 pm

His mother has a working oven that we can use if need be.
Yeah, I have made several box cakes in the past. It is fun to bake them and put the frosting on.
For some birthdays, I had a pumpkin pie as my birthday cake. I love pumpkin!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 pm

dragoness, that's good, all works out either way. Costco has those huge pumpkin pies for like $6 each and they are yummy (they don't even need any whipped cream or ice cream with them).I get those for Thanksgiving dinner (so long as I don't leave it too late. One year they were sold out!)

Postby dragoness129 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:44 pm

Yeah, the closer it gets to the holiday, the more stuff gets sold out.
We were thinking about getting a fried turkey this year from Bojangles (because we can't fry one ourselves. I see that being very dangerous and disastrous if we were to try, lol).
Not sure what else we will get. I already have a few cans of cranberry jelly. I love that stuff and can eat it straight out of the can! ^_^

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:01 pm

never tried a fried turkey before but saw it done on one of the comedy shows before! (what not to do).

Postby dragoness129 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:13 pm

I have never tried one before either.
Yeah, I would never want to try that myself. We are too accident prone as it is. >_<
^_^

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts