A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 02, 2020 5:37 pm

Long day at work today...ready to rest.

Adol, are you taking a vitamin B complex? The B12 (I think it is) in it helps give energy. You might have to set up an alarm to wake yourself!

Mouse, it might be your sciatic nerve and there are exercise to do to stretch that out. I get that too. A physical therapist helps tremendously if you can't work it out on your own.

Vivianne, so sorry to hear about your back bothering you now as well! Icing 20 min on 20 min off can help, I hope it is relieving some of your pain! I feel it makes my whole body feel tense from the cold so I am not good with icing. :strain:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:09 am

Postby Gingerale » Sat May 02, 2020 6:38 pm

I feel like I'm in a bubble.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm

Postby Adol Christin » Sun May 03, 2020 2:09 am

I probably should.

I set alarm today because I can't trust to be woken up without one.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:09 pm

你好! 我叫张伟。很高兴认识你。
Hello! I'm Zhang Wei. I'm happy to meet you.
Easy confused.

Questing Yin Cha themed hang out

Postby npixelz » Sun May 03, 2020 5:16 am

My old bed was a wooden one with no springs, and I slept on a rather hard mattress. Thankfully now I have a bed with slats or whatever and a comfy mattress.

I have a small bend in my spine though, so I've occasionally had bad back pains.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:09 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Mouse » Sun May 03, 2020 5:54 am

Maybe when I'm in a better place financially! :) I'll get it checked out

Bad mattresses really suck!!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 03, 2020 11:39 am

I have a slight scoliosis my upper back.

Mattresses are so important because we spend half our life on one. A good investment and they last a long time.

Mouse: Look on line, you can find a temperpedic type, shipped, for pretty reasonable in the US.

Postby npixelz » Mon May 04, 2020 4:44 am

I'll hope for the day when that happens.
Yeah

Mine is in the lower back.
True that.
Good idea

Postby Vivianne » Mon May 04, 2020 7:53 am

I think one area is my tailbone. Today sitting hurts and I wish I could be unconscious for this. I guess it isn't that bad, but my pain tolerance has been lowering because of sheer exhaustion and duration of pain.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:09 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon May 04, 2020 8:14 am

Does sitting on one of those round doughnut shaped pillows help for the tailbone at all?

Vivianne, I wish I had powers to heal you, you have got to be the strongest, most determined person I know!

Postby galled » Mon May 04, 2020 10:11 am

I don't know if it's possible because it'd probably be pretty complicated, but I wonder if there's a way to float you in water for at least a little bit. This is a technique used by NASA to simulate low G conditions.

What positions do you get to be in? I assume sitting and laying down, but maybe you're only able to be in an incline?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Vivianne » Mon May 04, 2020 3:41 pm

I'm doing some research and I'm pretty sure I have tailbone pain. A doughnut pillow is a good idea, though it could result in a different complication I'm prone to. Maybe a wedge pillow...

galled - water would be very complicated because of my feeding tube and other issues.

Its most comfortable to lie flat on my side and sit for a few hours at a time.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon May 04, 2020 6:03 pm

Try to change your positions so that you don't get bed sores.

There are those arms that you can put a monitor or ipad on that you can move around to accommodate whatever position you are in.

I had tailbone issues but was able to do physical therapy for it, your whole situation is interconnected it seems that I don't know what will work for you. I wish PT would, they did tens & ultrasound, icing etc and then I had stretching exercises.

Postby npixelz » Tue May 05, 2020 5:27 am

I wish I knew how to help you with this

Postby Vivianne » Tue May 05, 2020 10:36 am

I was in bed and icing since 8 last night until now. (and yes, changing positions!) I feel much improved, actually.

Edit, pressed enter and for some reason reply submitted: Lemon, how can you figure out everything with me is interconnected when a loot of doctors don't get it?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue May 05, 2020 12:21 pm

Vivianne, sadly Drs only know what they research and if they don't have a hands on experience with pain or taking care of people with issues then they really don't get it and you have to inform them or request certain treatments or tests...and be persistent at it. I have issues that are chronic and what may work for me might not work for someone else but sometimes its just a simple adjustment that can make a difference. Unfortunately I still am trying to figure out the whole "over active" immune system impact on the body.

I also have a friend who is a quadriplegic (a C4 break) and he taught me a lot! He does guest speaking to inform rehabilitation drs and nurses of how to care for people in his situation. He taught himself to breathe by taking frog like gulps of air but other wise he is connected to a respirator through a trach in his neck. When he was injured they put those with neck breaks on the polio ward. He has lived over 50 years in a wheel chair. Now he can drive the wheel chair himself with sipping and puffing for direction. There are a lot of innovations coming out to help now.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts