A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn

Postby galled » Tue May 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Glad you're feeling better, Vivi!

I agree with Lemon. We tend to think doctors know everything, but they certainly don't. A good doctor will listen with the intent of learning all with the common goal of making things better for the patient. Unfortunately, I've dealt with more bad doctors than good ones (ones more interested in making more money by prescribing things I don't/didn't need, making me go in for no real good reason, etc., etc.). Interestingly enough, one of the best doctors I've ever had wasn't even a doctor--he's a Physician's Assistant.

Anyway, back on point, you need to be your own best advocate for what you need if you don't have anyone to do it for you. Be skeptical and ask questions until you understand things. If you can't, it's time to find another doctor.

I know it's tough to speak up (and Viv, your communication difficulties makes it all harder), but there are usually many non-drug options out there for pain. No one wants to be a bother or complainer, but people can be pretty creative if they're challenged with solving a problem, but no one will really flex their brains unless they know or are reminded that things could be better.

In any case, I'm really happy your day is a better one! <3

I hope everyone else is having a good one too! :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 4:47 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Vivianne » Tue May 05, 2020 2:45 pm

Yeah, we've been dealing with this since I was 7 and I've only had a handful of really good doctors. The best was a neurosurgeon who actually never operated on me and saw me for years. I had to travel far out of state just to see him.

Thank you guys for the well wishes. <3

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 5:47 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue May 05, 2020 4:56 pm

When you find a good Dr they seem to move away or to retire! Why can't there be more proactive physician's out there?

I am hoping you managed to continue to feel better today, Vivianne.

I actually went and laid out on a chair today for about 30 min, just rested, prayed, listened to the bird sounds. It was relaxing.

Postby Adol Christin » Sun May 10, 2020 8:41 pm

I wish you speedy recovery Vivianne.

Lemon, wow, he sound amazing.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 7:47 pm

你好! 我叫张伟。很高兴认识你。
Hello! I'm Zhang Wei. I'm happy to meet you.
Easy confused.

Questing Yin Cha themed hang out

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 10, 2020 9:11 pm

There are some amazing people out there who battle obstacles everyday but manage to mount them and move on without feeling sorry for themselves.
Sadly, I am one of those who has to be continuously telling myself to stop feeling sorry for myself and to be grateful for what I have and to remind myself to look for ways to help others out.

Postby Adol Christin » Mon May 11, 2020 7:06 am

It's okay to self pity sometime as long as it is brief and not center of focus. Sometime I self pity but I need to remember that I have wife and kids who need me to do best.

I'm about to go rest. I've finished homework for Cantonese and helping wife with dishes. Good night.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon May 11, 2020 3:47 pm

It's always good to take a look at our lives and see where we need to improve, reset our goals and mostly take time to appreciate what we do have.

I hope your Cantonese is coming along, Adol! I read in the news that Disney world in Shanghai is going to be opening. Hopefully that is a good sign! The world is watching how China recovers from the covid19.

They have opened a few things here but not tourist stuff yet.

Postby Adol Christin » Mon May 18, 2020 9:22 pm

Cantonese coming along alright. I feel like I am not making progress much.

There a new outbreak of covid. :worry:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon May 18, 2020 9:46 pm

An outbreak in people who have not had it or people who have had it already? What age group?

Do you think they will shut your area down again?

Like most viruses, I don't think we can get rid of it completely. If your cousin just got it a few weeks ago then it makes sense that others would still be getting it as well.

All you can do is try to keep things sanitary and have your kids wash their hands, don't share utensils and don't touch your face. Taking zinc helps with viruses so maybe try that too?

Try not to worry! 80% who get it just have mild symptoms!

Postby NerdyAliCat » Wed May 20, 2020 6:56 pm

We are officially down to 0 new cases in the state that i live in for a few weeks now!

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby galled » Wed May 20, 2020 7:28 pm

Have they opened things up for you? If so, completely or with some restrictions?

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed May 20, 2020 8:02 pm

That's a positive step forward, ALiCat! Have they started antibody tests to see if people have HAD it rather then the ones that just tell if they presently have it?

Postby NerdyAliCat » Sun May 24, 2020 8:19 pm

We're going through different levels of opening up things, so not completely yet

I don't think so, but then again i don't pay much attention to the news nowadays.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 24, 2020 8:21 pm

<Pounces on AliCat> oops, freezes in mid air...social distancing?...nah virtual pouncing is allowed!

How is school going? Do they make you sit far apart?

Postby NerdyAliCat » Mon May 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Haha
School is alright now. In the beginning we did for some classes (depending on the teacher) but now it's much more relaxed.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts