A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon May 25, 2020 7:06 pm

Am waiting for things to get back to a more "normal", they have opened a few retail stores but I have not checked them out. It was a holiday week end for us and I rarely go out on a holiday week end because of tourist craziness.

People keep asking me if I know of anyone who tested positive and I have to say no one has told me that they hav,e but also no one I know has been sick at all...except in Jan/Feb when every other person seemed to have been...but that was before we all had to home isolate!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:40 am

Postby MissAutumn » Tue May 26, 2020 9:39 am

With the exception of the pet shop I haven't been to a shop since lockdown. The new rules put me off (my anxiety says no). My partner goes food shopping early once a week. I'm tempted to go to a Costa Coffee drive thru on my birthday next week. Not sure what the queues will be like.

I know one person who's died from it. :( We've had people sent home because they have had symptoms but they never got tested.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:40 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue May 26, 2020 4:39 pm

oh no! Well that hit home harder then having personal contact. Surprised the employer doesn't have their employee's tested. How else are they going to know? In Canada now you can have them come to your home and test to see if you have the virus. That makes more sense...why possibly contaminate others by going out to go get tested?

Birthday week next week...so many people I know with birthday's beginning of June! No idea how we will celebrate, some places are open but I have no desire to stand in line. I wonder if you order ahead if you have to stand in line to pick up?

I guess you could go by the drive through and see how busy it looks. Can you order ahead on an app like Starbucks does? Starbucks gives you a free coffee of your choosing if you are a reward member (membership is free), I've had them give me a free cake pop as well on my birthday.

Postby MissAutumn » Wed May 27, 2020 4:51 am

Originally only hospital patients and health care workers could get tested. More recently, anyone can. Yes, the Canadian way makes more sense. The test centres here are all drive thru.

I'm planning on going to the pet shop to get the hamsters more bathing sand that day. It's around the corner from the Costa, so I'll see. I don't plan on planning waiting an hour for a cup of coffee. I'm not sure I can pre-order. I could see if Starbucks is open. That's a nice freebie to have.

My birthday plans will probably be have a BBQ if the weather is warm. My partner is making me a cake. :cheer:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 pm

Is your partner into decorating cakes too? You will have to get a picture! What kind of cake is your favorite?

Starbucks here has an app to order ahead for a drink.

Bathing sand??? I never knew there was such a thing!

Postby MissAutumn » Thu May 28, 2020 9:28 pm

He rarely bakes. With the cake he's making he's just going to put on royal icing and decorate with chocolate buttons. I'll take a photo. That's a tough one! I would say Black Forest. What's your favourite?

Hamsters roll around in it to help keep their fur clear. It's so cute to watch them. Unfortunately, they sometimes like to use the sand pit as a litter tray. :strain:

Postby npixelz » Fri May 29, 2020 2:30 am

My favourite cake is cake

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:40 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby MissAutumn » Fri May 29, 2020 3:16 am

Good answer lol.

Postby npixelz » Sat May 30, 2020 2:52 am

Thanks!

And my favourite pie is pie!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:46 pm

Happy Birthday, MissAutumn!

Postby MissAutumn » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:10 pm

Thank you <3

Postby npixelz » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:27 am

Indeedly doo! Happy birthday to you!
Indeedly dee! Hope it's filled with glee!
Indeedly daa! Hope you go ha ha!
Indeedly doe! Another year to grow!

Postby MissAutumn » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:21 am

Awww thanks, npixelz. :)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:19 pm

Did you get your birthday coffee, MissAUtumn???

Happy Birthday to Vivianne too! Don't know if you are still here on earth Viv or looking at us from the clouds...but we are thinking of you today in a wonderful way! :heart:

Postby MissAutumn » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:56 pm

I didn't go as I had to finish off an assignment. I had a nice day though. :) I might go this weekend.

Happy birthday, Viv. We all miss you. <3

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts