A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:21 pm

I am so sorry you are sick, Ashton!

So many seem to be coming down with a cold, right before Thanksgiving too! (the U.S. one)

LONG work day today. Thunder woke me at 3:30 am, rained, then poured rain while I had to be outside at work, then a hummingbird got caught in cobwebs when I was at our substation. It finally got exhausted & I was able to pick it up & while I was trying to get the cobwebs off someone came by & was able to help me.

We had to cut between its feet which was scary. But it just lay still in my hands while I worked on it then the gentleman who helped me held it for a bit trying to warm it & it flew off. Hopefully it lives! But pretty wild I can say I have actually held a hummingbird! I should've taken a picture but I was so concerned about getting it clean. oh well.

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 10:23 am

Postby Ashton » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:01 pm

oof

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 1:23 pm

Postby npixelz » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:09 am

That's crazy! Only thing that hums that comes near my usual spots are bees and wasps

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 12:23 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Arc » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:45 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:LONG work day today. Thunder woke me at 3:30 am, rained, then poured rain while I had to be outside at work, then a hummingbird got caught in cobwebs when I was at our substation. It finally got exhausted & I was able to pick it up & while I was trying to get the cobwebs off someone came by & was able to help me.

We had to cut between its feet which was scary. But it just lay still in my hands while I worked on it then the gentleman who helped me held it for a bit trying to warm it & it flew off. Hopefully it lives! But pretty wild I can say I have actually held a hummingbird! I should've taken a picture but I was so concerned about getting it clean. oh well.

This is amazing. I'm glad you guys were able to help it! ^^

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:21 am

It was one of the green with red throat humming birds. Their beaks are soft and very thin. It had the cobweb stuck to its beak so I had to gently stroke the cobweb off. I was so worried I'd hurt it or break its wings or back. It was almost like it had made a cocoon for itself it was so wrapped.

Postby Ashton » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:48 am

nom nom spiders

Postby Arc » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:34 am

Aww, poor thing. :/

Last year during a heavy storm, the wind was so strong that it slammed a bird into my living room window, causing the bird to die from the impact. At the time I was going through a lot of anxiety, so seeing the dead bird made me paranoid and afraid to leave my apartment for a day or two. @-@ I thought it was a bad omen.

Postby Ashton » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:43 am

only if its a crow does it seem to be bad omen from what i've seen

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:53 am

I've had birds hit my windows before ... some just were stunned, others sadly died.

But it is worse when the windows are first cleaned or the sun reflects off them a certain way.... needless to say I don't clean my windows as often as I should!

I think it is the crow which is associated with a bad omen ... but I'd have to look up as to why.

Postby Arc » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:06 pm

"Crows are considered a bad omen because they are synonymous with death and the dead."

This is what I found on Google. Fortunately, the bird wasn't a crow.

I live next door to a cemetery (the view outside of my bedroom and art room windows are tombstones) and there are a lot of crows that linger here. It's kind of eerie seeing the crows and the cemetery together, but it's also pretty cool; especially on cloudy days. I'm actually afraid of birds, so seeing the amount of crows does trigger me a bit sometimes.

Postby Ashton » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:39 pm

there's an old scary movie whose title I cant remember and google wont pull up the movie. its about a disturbing cult that believes either the end is near or some kind of rapture will happen and they hide in a cellar. after awhile they send up a young girl with blonde hair to see if anything has changed. the girl goes to a nearby town that I think is called "Liberty" and she tells someone about the cult and that town decides that the cult is so disturbing and crucified the terrible leader. years later a woman decides to visit the area where the cult used to be and sees that its falling apart but strange stuff starts happening as cult members start appearing in search of a virgin to resurrect the dead leader. there's a lot more I remember but i've spent 2 hrs looking for the movie and cant find it anywhere. one of the scenes after she enters a building has crows mysteriously hitting a window all the time.

Postby Arc » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:50 pm

I hope you're able to remember the title soon! This description has peaked my interest and I want to check it out. The part about the crows hitting the window sounds familiar.

Postby galled » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:54 pm

Ohh, that movie would give me nightmares!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Ashton » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:43 pm

it looked like it was set in the 80s or 90s so there wasnt a lot of horror to it and for some reason i cant find it anywhere

Postby Arc » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:28 pm

Hmmmmm. >-<

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts