A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-inn

Postby JinMay » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:46 pm

I've applied to a few retail places and even a car wash place. I can't afford to be picky you know? I did want to work at the public library but they only take volunteers. :( I never thought about working at the post office as a clerk. I wonder if they need people. Usually when I go though I've seen them fully staffed but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 11:40 am

My Discord
thebossrimi

Tell me who you are and we can be friends on there maybe? :heart:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:07 pm

JinMay: https://about.usps.com/careers/welcome.htm

"The Postal Service is actively hiring for full time, part time and seasonal employment."

The nice thing is, if you get hired, you can transfer to another area if you move, ANYWHERE in the US... if there is an opening.

Postby npixelz » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:23 am

Ah I see, well then if you've never been flat out denied, the chances of an approval is just a little bit higher!

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 1:40 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Ashton » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:33 am

they will hire almost anyone as long as you pass a bg check

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 2:40 pm

Postby galled » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:06 pm

I bet they'll hire people with records. The boyfriend of an actor I worked with worked at TSA and he and his buddies have criminal records (jail time) and they were hired by the government! (What can go wrong???)

The Post Office is a wonderful career if you can get in and put up with the nonsense. (All big companies have their share of nonsense.)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Ashton » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:18 pm

galled wrote:I bet they'll hire people with records. The boyfriend of an actor I worked with worked at TSA and he and his buddies have criminal records (jail time) and they were hired by the government! (What can go wrong???)

The Post Office is a wonderful career if you can get in and put up with the nonsense. (All big companies have their share of nonsense.)

Government jobs by law can't hire those with felonies but lesser crimes may be allowed. They may skip a drug test but bg check is absolute. a guy I worked with got a really bad felony and was immediately fired and he's in prison i think.

Postby galled » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:31 am

Ashton wrote:
galled wrote:I bet they'll hire people with records. The boyfriend of an actor I worked with worked at TSA and he and his buddies have criminal records (jail time) and they were hired by the government! (What can go wrong???)

Government jobs by law can't hire those with felonies but lesser crimes may be allowed. They may skip a drug test but bg check is absolute. a guy I worked with got a really bad felony and was immediately fired and he's in prison i think.

I don't know what their crimes were, but they were in jail (how they met each other). Maybe once you do your time they can hire you if you're honest about it? Then again now that I think about it, TSA were desperate to get bodies to fill check in positions and used outside contractors to hire and manage TSA airport security. What could go wrong? I think the Post Office farms out jobs too.

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:54 am

Answer; a lot of things
A lot of things can go wrong

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:55 pm

Npixelz, will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recover tomorrow. Just stick to soft food diet for the first week.

Postby npixelz » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:38 pm

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind

Postby Ashton » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:30 pm

yeet

Postby npixelz » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:58 pm

Pain

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:24 am

I haven't had a sore throat like this since tonsillitis as a kid... hopefully antibiotics will help you recover quickly Npix from your surgery.

Postby Arc » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:10 pm

Lemon, is your throat sore and swollen? My friend's throat has been sore and swollen since last week, but he isn't sure what's wrong. The doctor said it's not strep or COVID, and it hasn't gotten better yet so he might go to another doctor tomorrow for a second opinion. He said the pain is pretty intense.

Postby Ashton » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:12 pm

everyone getting sick

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts