A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

June's Berry Bush

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: June's Berry Bush

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:48 pm

I just like the grammar and spelling aspect of English.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 4:40 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:17 pm

Juneberry: hope you aren't getting sick - how is your throat feeling?

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 2:40 pm

Postby Juneberry » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:04 am

Lemon: Still hurts ;-; I'm sucking lozenges like candy for now since so far it's the only thing that's helped x-o It's really annoying having to take meds this way though...But i think the tea I tried yesterday made it worse because it was too hot so it was really hard to drink most of the time. That and it felt reaaaally weird since dad made what he thought was butter tea [I looked it up, it's not]. How are you though? o3o

Monkey: I've been known to be a grammar nazi at times so I think I can rest assured that we both like those parts. Hopefully you're not as bad as me though and correct everyone you see [even superiors] without thinking, and then get depressed when you realize you made an error and never caught it. o.O

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 5:40 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:46 am

I mostly do the correcting in my head and just feel disappointed, but then there's also no way to tell if English is their first language so I don't bother correcting them, at least only applying to the internet, lol. Though I still wouldn't want to do that in real life unless someone asks me to.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:05 pm

June: I am so sorry to hear your throat is worse ...can you just drink tea with honey ( honey is a natural antibiotic)? Do you have a fever with the sore throat, do you think it is strep at all? I hate when your throat hurts so much that anything you swallow feels like shards of glass. I suggest chicken soup (or broth) too if you can. Be better!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Get better soon, June D:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:05 pm

maybe some kind of frozen treat like a popsicle may help cool your throat too, that kind of "numbs" it sometimes.

Wonder if anyone has "tricks" that help when the throat hurts...

Postby Juneberry » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:14 pm

I didn't think of a popsicle. I have lots of fudge pops in the freezer but...I think sugar is bad for a sore throat. Soup and tea are nice though. I started craving soup yesterday and asked my dad and he was like shocked and ecstatic I thought of it xD FYI it was delicious. And I might have soup again for dinner 'cause dad found split pea soup with bacon o.O

Oh and tea is amazing. Although I hate hot stuff...So I think bottled tea counts enough right? *shot*

My trick when my throat hurts: Don't talk.
Wait no I just do that a lot.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Cold Iced tea might be soothing, it really depends on whether you have plem with the sore throat too cause hot will thin the mucus and help you to get rid of it. If you can do garlic that helps too, either roast some and eat it or cook it in your soup.

Postby Juneberry » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:49 pm

So garlic naan would be good for it? I just ate a plum and it was yummy. My throat is iffy but better. And my fever has gone down too- I had one yesterday after I checked. Now it's mostly just constantly sneezing and coughing randomly >w<

But garlic naan is delicious :o

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:55 pm

garlic naan is delicious - do you heat yours up? I like to heat mine. Yeah, that has quite a bit of garlic, whatever you can swallow...just remember if your fever doesn't go away or goes higher then go and get a strep test done.Sounds like you are improving though and that's good!!

Postby Juneberry » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:59 pm

We buy it frozen so I have to heat it or it's like an awkward ice cube, but I don't make it super hot- just warm, or lukewarm. I tend to burn myself a lot so..xD I hear it smells good, but I wonder if it does. <- can't smell yay

Yeah i'm seeing the doctor this week anyway, so that's good. My dad is worried I should be getting my tonsils taken out. It's worse to get it done later in life as is so...Yeah he's been very concerned and more doting than usual [and he already is a doting father, I don't deny that xD].

Switch of topics real quick, I wonder if I should try to RP on here? o.o;

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:50 pm

You should.

I've been wanting to start rping and I started with someone but school got in my way and they haven't really logged in since then. Lol.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Juneberry: check out the Adventurers corner under forums for role playing fun!

Postby Juneberry » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:38 am

I know where silly, I was debating doing it period xD
Help me choose. As I debate changing my avatar yet again.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts