A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Disko Superstars

Moderator: Ryvvi

Disko Superstars

Postby Balcan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:58 am

Hello and welcome to my thread. Here is where I'll be posting things on my mind that don't necessarily have a connection to one another. And hopefully you guys will join in too to make it more exciting. I will occasionally hold contests or giveaways after I actually have something to give away.

Let's get to know one another. Post your name and a random fact about yourself.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 7:30 pm

Re: Disko Superstars

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Glad to see you started a thread!

random fact... I really do like lemons but I'm only so-so about cheesecake (depends how it is made)

Postby Balcan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Thanks.

I've been to this restaurant called the cheesecake factory and their cheesecake was impeccable.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Random fact about me, hm?
I love writing....

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 9:30 pm

Postby Balcan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:27 am

Monkey - what sort of things do you write? Do you mind sharing some of your writing?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:21 am

Mostly fanfiction, of Hetalia. I have them up on Wattpad under the same username.

I'm also working on a Choose Your Own Adventure story game on chooseyourstory.com. But no one can read that yet because it's not yet published, it's not even close to finished.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:21 am

Hello... any plans for labor day week end?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:31 am

I'm hanging out with a friend since I got to come home for the weekend.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:49 am

Hanging with friends is definitely a treat, especially if you don't get to see them very often....any BBQ's planned?

Postby Balcan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:17 am

Sorry for neglecting this thread the past few days.

I had to go emergency gift shopping for my grandfather's birthday. We had a barbecue too.

I had my first full week of class last week and so far I like everything except one professor. He's got an accent, can't spell, spent the first day reading power points word for word with no explanation, and on the second day he dumps a pile of work on our desks and expects us to do it without "bothering" him. He's got a reputation for being a shitty professor apparently, but no one else teaches this particular class.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:27 am

how sad that Professors like that are allowed to keep teaching. They should be held to a higher standard as University/College Teachers and be evaluated every year. To make it worse you are stuck because no one else offers the class and so you have to muddle through or have to pay a tutor. Is there anyway you can take the class online? Sounds like he has it set up as a virtual class anyway. What happened to the days where the Prof's actually did lectures and asked for questions?

Postby Balcan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:54 am

I mean, I knew that going into college I couldn't solely rely on my professors and I am responsible for figuring things out on my own but this guy is terrible. We have to take turns asking him questions because it's just that unpleasant to see his reaction when you ask him something. He hasn't had any lectures so far. I'm gonna bring his rating down so much.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:01 pm

What is his rating? What have others commented on him? Maybe they offer some clues how to access help from the Prof.

Postby galled » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:54 pm

There are some really bad teachers out there. The thing that kills me about it is they are typically tenured. How can a really bad teacher earn tenure--or is it once they get tenure, they just don't give a K-wrap anymore and become bad teachers. In any case, they need to get with the program or get out of the business IMHO.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Balcan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:20 am

RA RA RASPUTIN LOVER OF THE RUSSIAN QUEEN...

Oh, about the professor - my book arrived so i can work independently of him now. He leaves us alone to do work on our own.

Next

Return to Hangouts