Topics that have been addressed/noted or solved already. Please search in here before making a new topic!

Streeeeeetching the page

Streeeeeetching the page

Postby (っ◕‿◕)っ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:38 am

I noticed on my phone that the posts are very long because the avatars are stretched
http://i61.tinypic.com/mk8189.jpg
That is how a users page looks like on my phone and, in the forums, they are even longer

Local time: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:26 pm

Re: Streeeeeetching the page

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:01 am

Oh, jeez!

Although this more falls under Diana's guidance, since it's coding related, I think I know the problem.

The way Diana is coding this, as far as we know is made strictly for Google Chrome on a PC. Because different devices act different ways, I don't think currently we're set up for displaying on a device like a mobile phone.

I won't close this topic, so I'll let Diana see it so she can elaborate more, since it is her forte. :) She should get back to you sometime today (she's just in a different timezone).

Thank you so much for reporting this!

Local time: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:26 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby (っ◕‿◕)っ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:57 am

I just wanted to check your reply in the forum suggestion and that page is extremly long. I was crolling for 3 minutes (and I scroll fast) and I only came up 2 mm. =(

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:05 am

Oh, really? Wow, that is quite the bit.

All right, I'll see if I can get a hold of Diana now, but like I said, she is in a different timezone. :) Although I think for now, like I mentioned, we're just not quite able to do that, since Diana is building everything essentially from scratch.

Thanks for the screenie though! It definitely helps. If you ever find anything else, please don't be afraid to mention it! Diana and I can't catch everything, so we have to rely on our users to point out the problems for us- no matter how insignificant they may be. Because Windlyn is supposed to be a place for everyone to enjoy. :)

You'll for sure get a reply today- I hope we can fix this soon.

Postby (っ◕‿◕)っ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:20 am

It's okay. I have to go soon myself soon and, until it's fixed, I can see the short version when I type a reply

I'll go around tomorrow, with my butterfly net, and see if I can find more bugs.

And, since I can't resist anymore:
Guys, what's up with the long faces?

Postby Ghost » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:25 am

(っ◕‿◕)っ wrote:It's okay. I have to go soon myself soon and, until it's fixed, I can see the short version when I type a reply

I'll go around tomorrow, with my butterfly net, and see if I can find more bugs.

And, since I can't resist anymore:
Guys, what's up with the long faces?

Do you mean the emotes? xD

ImageImage
Nibbly wants a sacrifice
Wiggly wants his wrath
We dance around the pentagram
And take all our kingdoms back

Postby (っ◕‿◕)っ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:41 am

The emotes and the avatars. They all have very long faces when I'm on phone

Postby Ghost » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:51 am

(っ◕‿◕)っ wrote:The emotes and the avatars. They all have very long faces when I'm on phone

Interesting. I know the emotes are a little long faced, they just announced in the last update that they're working on custom emotes so we don't have to use the defaults anymore so that should be remedied soon.

As for the avatars, I am not sure. I haven't used Windlyn from a phone but the faces aren't very long on the computer. I'll make sure Lime and Diana are aware so they can see what the issue may be. :3

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:01 am

Yeah, I don't like the emoticons, and neither does Diana. I don't think anybody likes them.. Haha. Personally I find them really ugly. Although I plan to make some custom ones soon, there's just other things that take priority over icons, haha. But I totally understand. :)

And yeah, I'm not sure about when you're on a phone- it makes me curious to try and log on with my cellphone to see how it looks. Diana and I are planning on possibly redoing the avatars anyways, so I guess we'll see! Thanks!

Postby (っ◕‿◕)っ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:12 am

The avatars were fine on my laptop, but on my phone *points at screenshot*

I think more and more people use their phone to get on the internet nowadays.

I can make some new emoticons for you guys, if you want. Did that before and it isn't too hard to do.

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:18 am

Yeah, right now the only reason we haven't, is because we're torn on what our "site mascot" should be, haha. Every site has one, and we want people to easily associate our site with a specific character or image. :) And so we were hoping to make our icons looks like said mascot. If you'd like to PM me with some of the icons you've made before, I'd love to see them!

Postby Diana » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to get all basic functions coded before I start optimizing for different browsers and devices. Right now things look the best on chrome, I'm working on laying everything out until I transcribe the code for the different browsers.

I don't own a cell phone/smart phones/tablet computer, so I can't really play around with how things look on mobiles. I was saving that to do last, but the huge images are obnoxious, so I'll look into a fix.

Can you tell me more about what mobile browser and phone brand/maker/whatever you were using? (cause for some reason all browsers have different code and I need to know what to look at.)

edit: also with the emotes, I've got some ideas; just was busy with school so I haven't been able to draw any of them out. We're on spring break (finally,) so I'll see what I can do up.

Site Admin

Local time: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:26 am

Postby (っ◕‿◕)っ » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:37 am

I'll do that Lime *nod*nod*

I have an iPhone 4 and the browser I use on it is Safari.
I just grabbed my mother's phone, to see if it had the same problem (she has a Sumsung Galaxy S 2). The avatars aren't stretched, they just became 10 times as big and are right next to where they should be (in the posting part, under the text of a post).
I have no idea how to make a screenshot on my mother's phone.

Postby Diana » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:15 am

okay, okay.

It'll probably take be a bit, since I haven't worked with any mobile code yet, but I'll try to fix the sizing.

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:39 pm

ok, messed around. I think I fixed it? I can't test it though. Refresh/whatever you do on phones a few times, and if there is still a problem let me know and I'll try something else. C:

Site Admin

Next

Return to Addressed/Solved