Topics that have been addressed/noted or solved already. Please search in here before making a new topic!

I'm freaking out a little (don't know if this counts)

I'm freaking out a little (don't know if this counts)

Postby Valentine Strange » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:41 pm

I don't know if this counts as a bug, most likely not more of something else, but my password is not working anymore. I did not change it. And this is freaking me out. I'm trying to return gifts and it says my password is not found in the system. I made sure I was typing it correctly, but it's still not working. How do I fix this since I do not what the new password could be if someone somehow changed it? And how exactly? Do I need Diana to send me a password reset email? I'm afraid to logout guys.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 7:50 pm

Re: I'm freaking out a little (don't know if this counts)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:44 pm

try using the back button and then going back into the gifting, (That's what has worked for me) or refreshing the page might work?

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 4:50 pm

Postby Valentine Strange » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Tried both and it did not work.
I don't even know how this would have happened.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:55 pm

do you have more then one tab open?

I'll PM Diana and Galled for you.

Postby galled » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Silly question:
Cap lock on?

As long as you didn't change your email address, the system should let you get your password sent to you if you get locked out. (Shouldn't happen.)

If you're on Chrome, and you saved your password to it when you were logged into Chrome, you can find it by clicking Settings and search for password. Scroll down the list until you see Windlyn.

Update: I just checked the logs and it shows you changed your password on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:55 pm. Everything OK now?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Valentine Strange » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:09 pm

I did, but then I closed it. It didn't seem to help though. All I can think of left is clearing my history, but that would log me out and I don't want to risk not being able to get back in.

That would be great thanks.

@galled: No my caps is not on. First thing I checked when it said it didn't work.
Okay... so would it be safe to log out and clear my history then and just send in a request to get my password?
I don't save my passwords on Chrome for safety reasons.

Um... 4:55 PM? Would this be your time or my time? It's 8:03pm for me now.
I did change it a couple minutes ago to see if my old password was still working and it worked for that, but it didn't with gifts. That would most likely have been at 8:00pm. I wasn't having trouble with my password at 4:55pm also. Is is 4:55 Windlyn time?

Edit: Oh, looks like it was 4:55pm your time. ( I just checked what time it has for you by you avatar.)

Postby galled » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:18 pm

I would try closing your browser and starting over first. Sometimes funkiness just need a clean start to get working right again. :)

Worse comes to worst, you can request a password reset from the system. It's always worked, so it should work for you. I'll keep watching this thread to see how you're doing.

Server Administrator

Postby Valentine Strange » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:32 pm

galled
Okay, okay. Since I am on a Mac and have both Safari and Google Chrome I tired logging in on Safari to see if I would have trouble there and it told me I had done the maximum number of of log in tries. (I don't know if it was because of all the failed gift attempts or if someone was actually trying to get into my account.) So I had to do the captia thing and after doing that I tried gifting someone and it worked! So things are fixed, well, at least while I am using Safari as a browser. I'm going to try relogging back in on Chrome and see if that works. If not well I can always use Safari and hope I don't get locked out of that too...

Postby galled » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:34 pm

Thanks for the update. I think you're good then! :)

If you can login with Safari, your password is good. I'll be around and Diana is coming online shortly, so we've got your back! :)

Server Administrator

Postby Valentine Strange » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:41 pm

galled
Chrome is working again too.
So let's just hope for the best.
If anything else begins to happen, I'll let both of you know.

Postby galled » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:48 pm

I think you'll be OK. Chrome has had some major updates the last couple of days (ad blocker is the biggest change) and sometimes it needs to be restarted or it does weird things. My advice is to try restarting your browser first and see if that fixes the issue(s). It usually does, but we (the Windlyn community) are here and we all love to help! :)

Now back to gifting!!! LOL

Server Administrator

Postby Valentine Strange » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Lol, yes back to gifting! Allons-y!
Bleh, Chrome needs to realize if something isn't broke, it doesn't need to be fixed. I haven't noticed anything new on Chrome either.

Return to Addressed/Solved