Site-wide events run by the Windlyn Team!

[Summer 2017] Toucan Cruise

Re: [Summer 2017] Toucan Cruise

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:14 am

Can someone list them all together for those of us the game hates?

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:29 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Watery Star » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am

The Clues:

Service Cart:

You hunt down the Steward. With her help, you find the person who brought the service cart to Lady Pengwing's cabin. Shortly after, you sit down to question Rue M. Surviss, the employee of the month for the thirty eighth time. Rue says she brought in the cart with tea and some sandwiches at 8:00 in the morning. Her services no longer needed, Rue went on to make other deliveries. She did not return for the cart, as the procedure for the penthouse cabin is to wait until the dishes are put in the hallway to clear them as to not disturb the VIP guests.
You ask whether anyone entered or left Lady Pengwing's cabin at the time. Rue says Lady Pengwing was the only one in the room, and still in bed. She didn't see anyone enter Lady Pengwing's cabin while she was there, but saw a few passengers were hanging about in the halls as she made her deliveries. She names off Warble-Click Petoot, a Skrawk in a neighbouring cabin, and Mr. Felix Whiskers who is staying on deck 2.
It would be a good idea to investigate the parties seen near the room.

Room Key:

You return to the scene of the crime to hunt for more clues to narrow down the suspect pool. Once there, you notice the key for Lady Pengwing's cabin laying about. You wonder if that means the vandal had used the card to enter the cabin, or if Lady Pengwing just forgot it. A visit to the cruise's active IT personnel confirmed that Lady Pengwing's key was the only one used to open the room, until Mr. Zhuli found the room a mess of course.

Fish Bones:

Strange... fish bones... left in the regularly cleaned room? Fish aren't served by Room Service in the morning. Mr. Zhuli, Lady Pengwing's butler, says that Lady Pengwing didn't eat any fish for dinner the night before, and he could not recall them being in the room before Lady Pengwing went to bed. You deduce that the culprit must like to eat fish, and brought the snack into Lady Pengwing's cabin. Unfortunately, the Toucan Cruises line does not equip the ships with state-of-the-art (or even any) DNA identifying machines. You make a trip down to Sick Bay to double check, and they assure you that no, that is not even how it works. You will just have to go off of the suspects' preferences towards fish.

Feathers:

Inspector Scott Lanyard is back on the case! His alibi was confirmed after reviewing the security tapes monitoring the hallways on the crew decks. During the time between Lady Pengwing leaving her apartment and Mr. Zhuli entering it to find it vandalised, Inspector Lanyard was fully lost accounted for. You bring him your notebook and your assessment of Lady Pengwing's cabin. He looks through it for a little while and then addresses you. He mentions how excellent your work has been, and inquires where you had found the feathers. No hair, fur, or claw pieces were found in the cabin, just feathers. Based on your account of where the feathers were found relative to the wreckage, Scott Lanyard concludes that the vandal would have to have feathers.

Postby Watery Star » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:41 am

The Suspects:

Scott Lanyard:
Inspector
Staying on deck 3
Passenger
Had opportunity to access to the cabin
Could have used Lady Pengwing's card
Alibi checks out

Rue M. Surviss

Staying in crew quarters
Room service attendant
Uses special room key
Likes Fish

Lady Pengwing
Staying in penthouse
Passenger
Likes Fish
Has feathers

Warble-Click Petoot
Lady Pengwing's Neighbour
Passenger
Doesn't speak
Has feathers

Felix Whiskers
Staying on deck 2
Passenger
Seen hanging around Lady Pengwing's cabin
Likes Fish

Diana
Creator of Windlyn
Ship Engineer
Was sick in bed during crime
Uses special room key
Only likes eel
Only has feather currency

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:20 am

Y'all had to get Di in it XD

But in all seriousness, how do we know that zoohi only found it like that, and didn't make the mess himself?

Postby Watery Star » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:21 am

We were wondering that too but he's not listed as a suspect so I guess he has an alibi.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:26 am

It may be safe to assume that he was in public eye the entire time and the time between not and discovery wasn't enough to cause it, then

Was anything missing? Nothing is mentioned as missing so it may be someone went in, had a snack, took a nap, and left

Postby Watery Star » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:38 am

I checked the front page of this thread again. Nope don't see anything, like her pearls, missing.

Could be what happened but why was the room left a mess?

Given the nature of last year's Mystery Detective, I think this is an innocent incident. Going over the evidence to me it appears that Lady Pengwing is the prime suspect. Her room key was left in her room, she likes fish and has feathers. I wonder if she thought she lost her pearls and went through her entire room looking, only for her to be wearing them.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:46 am

Fish bones

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:05 pm

It was the inspector! I just know it!
lol
I like how the detective is a suspect xD

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:52 pm

It could very well be a ghost too

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Submitted my entries ovo

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:59 pm

I'm lost I don't know who dun it :distress:

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:29 pm

:heart:COME VISIT MY PETS PLEASE :heart: http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/pets.php?userid=646ImageImageImage [img]http://i.imgur.com/p30InEq?r.gif[/img

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Kitalpha Hart wrote:It may be safe to assume that he was in public eye the entire time and the time between not and discovery wasn't enough to cause it, then

Was anything missing? Nothing is mentioned as missing so it may be someone went in, had a snack, took a nap, and left

That's it! Goldilocks paid a visit!~ :wink:

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:29 pm

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Clearly

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:34 pm

she didn't learn her lesson from visiting the 3 bears

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Events