Site-wide events run by the Windlyn Team!

[Summer 2016] Annual Summer Solstice Gala

Re: [Summer 2016] Annual Summer Solstice Gala

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:10 am

I need new avie ideas!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 12:20 pm

The Grim Reaper yo ^_~Image

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:17 am

One thing from every category
No matching
Everything must be visible

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Kitalpha Hart wrote:One thing from every category
No matching
Everything must be visible

Good theme idea

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 9:20 am

:heart:COME VISIT MY PETS PLEASE :heart: http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/pets.php?userid=646ImageImageImage [img]http://i.imgur.com/p30InEq?r.gif[/img

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:19 pm

did the cookie bribes work Gizzie?

Uncle Carlo gave me feathers...

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 10:20 am

Postby Diana » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:05 pm

You sit on an expensive armchair and fidget; a quick look around the large room shows that all the guests, regardless of species, are doing the same. The detective is late. Why, if he was the one to call you here, you wonder, is he the one who shows up late? You shake your head; you’ll never understand these dramatic types.
The butler waddles between the guests, offering them various snacks, and mushbean cocoa to help calm them down.
Finally, Inspector Scott Lanyard bursts into the room. He mutters a quick apology, something about confirming one last thing, then begins his speech.

Thank you for joining me. I have gathered you all here today to discuss the missing päikesepaiste cookies. Päikesepaiste cookies, or sunshine cookies as they are lovingly referred, are highly sought after. They are beautiful, bright, radiant, fun, delicious, and fetch quite a large sum if sold in underground markets. There are many reasons why someone would want to take these cookies for themselves. After all, Cook always prepares them with great care… Unless they didn’t turn out so great this time? Perhaps the Lady of the house didn’t plan far enough ahead and the cookies never were? Or was the author trying to spark some drama as inspiration for her next novel? The boss might’ve been looking to make some financial gain-

The inspector turned to each pengwing as he mentioned them. Uncle Carlo, already agitated, cut his accusations off and growled “get on with it,” at the detective.

Very well. I will skip the formalities and cut right to the explanation. The solution is very simple, actually.
You see, folks, a fancy party is wonderful fun… But it is no place for a high energy child. Junior, over there, is sleeping peacefully now; what we might call a sugar crash. Did he eat all the cookies? Good heavens no. The little sport would have been so sick after!

But this is where the rest of the pieces fit in. He had to have hidden the remaining sunshine cookies somewhere.

Some of you may be aware of an accident that occurred during the morning games in the courtyard. Someone threw a game piece too hard and it went crashing through one of the many library windows. Now, no events were scheduled to be held in the Library, but being good at his job, the Butler immediately went to clean up the broken glass, and seal off the area so no guests would injure themselves. After he finished, he ushered the party to the lunch room and returned to his regular duties.
Children are very curious. Junior, not entertained by yet another meal full of adults just talking, was exploring during lunch. He meandered into the Library, and undisturbed, made it his “secret base”.

The butler spoke up in protest; “I locked the door behind me! I’m the only one with the keys to the mansion, nobody could have gotten in without me knowing!”. Inspector Scott Lanyard agreed with him.

Junior may have followed the butler into the library when he initially went to clean it, and left before he locked it. Or he may have sat outside and looked in. At this time, the hole in the window was small. Too small even for a baby pengwing to fit through. But, as I just confirmed, the window currently has a gaping hole in it.

This brings us to the missing croquet set.

While everyone was having lunch, Junior walked outside and picked up one of the croquet sets laid out for the after-lunch game. At the time, nobody noticed it was missing since a few guests decided to sit the game out, and there was no shortage of tools for anyone who wanted to play. Junior took the set and, on purpose or accidentally-- only he will know, broke the window enough to fit him and the set inside.

As I’m sure Junior has told everyone, he really likes round things. Spinning hats, lollipops, croquet balls… and of course, cookies.

Cook was busy managing the team of chefs preparing the banquet, and put on the finishing touches to the päikesepaiste cookies while the party ate. While everyone was getting on their evening gowns, Junior was wandering around the mansion and stumbled upon Cook placing the cookies on the table.

How did he stretch up the tall table and get the cookies, you ask? The croquet mallet allowed Junior get just enough reach up the table that he could use the hammer part to hook the cookies off the plate, onto the ground where he was.

When Lady Pengwing arrived to check on the plate of cookies before the dancing began, Junior was long gone. All that was left was some quickly dimming crumbs.

Now, if you’ll follow me to the library, we can all see the remaining cookies, and Junior’s stash of goodies.

The party got up and followed the inspector. Junior’s mother remained, holding the small pengwing in shock and dismay, until Lady Pengwing put her hand on her shoulder-- letting her know she wasn’t mad at the guest or her son.

One of the tricky things about sunshine cookies is that they’re so complicated to make they only turn out properly if they’re made two particular times in the year. It is less known that they lose their radiance when the time has passed the solstice, or the desserts are broken. It’s a shame that we weren’t able to recover any of the pastries whole...

Lady Pengwing sighs, assures the party that it’s all alright, and she’s just glad to have gotten to the bottom of the mystery. It was an innocent action, and did make for the most exciting party of the year… even if she was a suspect during it. The party is directed to the living room again so the detective could say a few last words.

To each guest who assisted in solving this mystery, it is with great pleasure that I award you the title of Junior Detective!

Just when the party thinks he’s finished and begins to chat, the Inspector holds up his hand for silence; he then begins reading off a list of names.

Akuyi
Cloudy
Diana
GummyBearKisses
ilijijil
Kitalpha Hart
Lemon Cheesecake
Lexin Marie
Lianna
MonkeyGirl18
Mousy
okios
Polaris
Ryvvi
Watery Star
XoGIZMOoX
and
XoGREMLINoX

As thanks for your courage and determination in the face of danger and uncertainty, and perseverance in finding the real culprit, the detective agency commemorates each of you with a Golden Magnifying Glass!

Your awards have been delivered to your homes, and you will find them when you return tomorrow.

Thank you all very much for your assistance; I look forward to working with each of you in the next case.

Site Admin

Postby okios » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:06 pm

So the culprit was a young pengwing with a hideout in the library...
Looks like the case of the missing cookies was booked in the juvenile section.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

----
It's finally over. I really enjoyed this! Thanks for the awesome event! :cheer: Congrats everyone!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 11:20 am

https://i.imgur.com/paQOna3.png?1http://i.imgur.com/2Ka0iwp.png

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:37 pm

I KNEW he used the croquet mallet to bring the cookies closer to him! I called it!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Wahhhh :cry: I hate the end of pengwing events because I just :heart: love the pengwings soooooo much!!

ah ha, I knew it was just kidness getting in the way - those pengwings might be sneaky sometimes but they are mainly playful and ingenuitive. Although this time I am glad to have seen the more sophisticated side of Pengwings.

I echo Okios - loved the event! :cheer:

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:32 pm

:cry: Gizzie didn't get all of the collectables ..... now to see who has extras ...........

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:08 pm

What are you missing?

I only have one of the Terri hat & take out container which I would like to get more so that I have extras.

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:19 am

Uncle, Junior, and Terri Hat
(Needs)

...... l got extra of necklace, and lady pengwing, and I think one extra background

Postby okios » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:32 am

Sent you a Junior Pengwing. c:

There's also Akuyi's store if you want to trade those in for other items.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 11:20 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:57 am

They're not in the store
Surprising
Whelp, all I'm short is the wristwatch, but I gotta send the stuff over to Lianna so she has all the extras

Postby Akuyi » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:07 am

I still need that observatory. Who was the person with a spare again... Watery Star ?

I'll add all the extra event items I got to my shop later and they'll be open to trade for other event items or for feathers as always~

Also, golden magnifying glass! :O

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 6:20 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Lianna » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:24 am

Cool
I hope you have an extra wristwatch

Sup nerds check my main if you want my attention

PreviousNext

Return to Events