Site-wide events run by the Windlyn Team!

[Summer 2017] Toucan Cruise

Re: [Summer 2017] Toucan Cruise

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm hoping we'll get another badge

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:35 pm

I'm just hoping I guessed right.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:20 am

Postby Gingerale » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:36 pm

what's a pengwing to do?

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:51 pm

I won't even try, not when we're not 100% certain on any one suspect

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Well, time's almost up. I don't think anyone is 100% sure on one suspect.

Postby Of the Stars » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm pretty certain on my pick. Doesn't hurt to take a guess Kit.

~*~* Watery Star's mule *~*~

Postby murmurlade » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:30 am

Just taking a guess! Hahahaha. I don't think I'm right. I was also PRETTY DANG tempted to pick Diana.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:20 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Gingerale » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:16 pm

nothing seems to have been stolen so I went for the absent minded factor of Lady Pengwing

Postby Fiel-kun » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:14 pm

I submitted my "wild" guess I think, a week ago. Just hoping it was the correct one.

Do we have any members living in Texas and Louisiana? Hope you guys are all well and safe despite of the hurricane :)

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:20 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm responsible for what I post.
You're responsible for what you understand.

| He/Him | Scorpio | Philippines +8 GMT |
:L_Wing: Play & Interact with my pets :R_Wing:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Mousy has been affected with flooded roads but I believe her home is okay (at least from last time she was on)

Postby Watery Star » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:34 am

Who is it that lives near her?

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Fiel-kun wrote:I submitted my "wild" guess I think, a week ago. Just hoping it was the correct one.

Do we have any members living in Texas and Louisiana? Hope you guys are all well and safe despite of the hurricane :)

Gizzie is in Texas but not those parts

:heart:COME VISIT MY PETS PLEASE :heart: http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/pets.php?userid=646ImageImageImage [img]http://i.imgur.com/p30InEq?r.gif[/img

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:04 pm

I am glad you are not flooded Gizzie! But is your area affected by gas surges or onslaught of people getting away from the flooded areas?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:05 pm

I see the lady pengwing in her outfits are already in the lazarus.... but when do we find out whodunnit?

Postby Diana » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:56 pm

Inspector Scott Lanyard called the entire ship to a meeting. Once everyone settled down in the auditorium, he began his speech. He thanked you, the investigating team, for your assistance in discovering clues. “Lady Pengwing isn't known for packing light, making investigation very difficult, but you completed the challenge with flying colours”.

“To recap the events that occurred on this ship, Mr. Zhùlǐ, Lady P’s assistant discovered the penthouse cabin completely destroyed. Upon questioning the Lady, found safe and sound, we were assured that the cabin looked fine when she had left for brunch that morning, and the only person she had seen in the room was Rue. M. Surviss. Ms. Surviss was kind enough to cooperate with us and identify possible suspects, which turned our attention to two possible culprits- Warble-Click Petoot and Felix Whiskers. These two characters were seen hanging around Lady Pengwing’s room in the morning, and had ample time to access the cabin while nobody was around. Both passengers had a plausible motive. Petoot has been asking for donations to the restoration of Beak Caves, but was given nothing by Lady Pengwing who thought restoring the Skrawk homelands was a wasted effort. Whiskers became unemployed after his company was overtaken by the one Lady Pengwing built her empire on, and has been bitter ever since. So who was it that messed up Lady Pengwing’s cabin? Was it the hard-to-read Warble-Click Petoot, the ever cunning Felix Whiskers, or someone else?”

The inspector paused to let the audience process the question he had posed.

”A means and a motive alone don’t make a suspect the culprit. In this case, we would be wrong to accuse either Petoot or Whiskers. In fact, the clues we found didn’t all point to either one of them. The thing that really tipped us off though, happened while we were re-evaluating the evidence. Lady Pengwing walked into the scene of the crime to pick up some outfits from her closet, completely unphased by the state of her cabin. See, our investigators had a hard time persuading Lady Pengwing that she wasn’t allowed back in her room. Her being more concerned by being unable to retrieve a dress rather than the state of the room led our team to take a closer look at the room. From there we found some feathers on top of the mess, not under, indicating Lady Pengwing had been in the room after the room was distressed. Lady Pengwing was interviewed and claimed that she left her room without her signature pearl necklace that morning, and returned for it as soon as she noticed. After searching for them, she left the room, and saw no-one else enter. We then questioned Mr. Zhùlǐ again, and discovered that Lady Pengwing had never gone through her own things ever since Zhùlǐ started working for her. Mr. Zhùlǐ gave us a fantastic look of shock and confirmed our suspicions that indeed, Lady Pengwing was the one to mess up her own room.
As an apology for the inconvenience she caused, Lady Pengwing has offered to give you all a voucher for a different cruise, redeemable at your convenience.”

To wrap up his speech, the Inspector called up all of the investigating team and commemorated them with a Junior Detective Badge. He specifically called out Lemon Cheesecake, galled, Diana, Ryvvi, mdom, MonkeyGirl18, XoGIZMOoX, murmurlade, Fiel-kun, Akuyi, Watery Star, XoGREMLINoX, Lexin Marie, GummyBearKisses, Polaris, Gingerale, and Hugs and Kisses and awarded each the Golden Magnifying Glass as a memento of their solving the case!

Congrats on completing the mystery!

Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events