Site-wide events run by the Windlyn Team!

[St Patrick's Day 2018] Limerick Locations

Re: [St Patrick's Day 2018] Limerick Locations

Postby npixelz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:49 pm

I understand the thought process, and I appreciate the creativity. But because it's designed to get people out of their comfort zone, that means they will be unfamiliar with the threads, and might not even know they exist. Or they may have forgotten they exist. For example; yesterday's limerick had me search up cafe, because of the mention of a plate, and I went into a thread that I had posted in long ago, but forgot about since then, which was Mika's hangout. I enjoyed the nostalgia, but I did not find the item. But even without that, if you make a limerick about a certain conversation, and someone isn't aware of the thread, let alone the conversation, it becomes nearly impossible to figure out, which could lead to a lot of frustration, and disheartened people.
I'm not trying to criticize, and I absolutely love this event, I just don't want people to start hating the event because it's nearly impossible for them to do. I love this site, and I would hate for people to start disliking it, and losing the feelings I have, and want to share, for this site, and it's community.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 4:40 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby NerdyAliCat » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:55 pm

I was almost positive that it was that thread...

Back to searching!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 5:40 am

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:00 am

Needs lots of work but WIP .......Gonna put a lep hat on him and stuff :)

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 1:40 pm

:heart:COME VISIT MY PETS PLEASE :heart: http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/pets.php?userid=646ImageImageImage [img]http://i.imgur.com/p30InEq?r.gif[/img

Postby galled » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:02 am

I think being familiar with threads is definitely helpful, but search and a little patience has been the most successful for me. There'd be too much random clicking without search.

I have to add that if the event helps get everyone familiar/more comfortable with the search tool, that's not a bad thing! :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 2:40 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:14 am

I agree with what you are saying, and I think it's an amazing idea for an event. But it doesn't take people's feelings, mental strain, and emotional state into account. I mean, even I am getting discouraged, and I'm not one to get discouraged over things like this. Just imagine how people who are more likely to get discouraged over these sorts of things might feel. The strain and pressure, combined with their emotions at the time can have a really devastating effect. I do not wish that on anyone, and I don't want to see that sort of thing ruin Windlyn for other people.

Postby galled » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:30 am

Absolutely, this is supposed to be fun! The first one was really hard until the date clue came out. But the 2nd and 3rd I got within a few minutes once I figured out how to search keywords from the limericks and comparing the results to the clues.

Are you stuck on today's?

Server Administrator

Postby Death by Mirrors » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:35 am

Found it within two or three minutes this time. I think this was the easiest limerick so far.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 10:40 pm

Postby npixelz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:45 am

I'm stuck on today's, I was stuck on yestarday. I instantly figured out the thread for the first day, and was determined to go through every page to find it. But these two... I can't feel determined to do that if I'm not sure I have the right place. I can't even begin to understand them. I'm lost, in a sea of questions, and I don't know the answers. I'm trapped, in a mountain of riddles, and I don't understand the clues. I don't know how to do this, and that scares me. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to think. I don't know. I don't know. I just, don't know.

Postby galled » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:49 am

Death by Mirrors wrote:Found it within two or three minutes this time. I think this was the easiest limerick so far.

Great and agreed! I hope I'm not getting overconfident, but I think I get how this one works now!

Server Administrator

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:50 am

npixelz wrote:I'm stuck on today's, I was stuck on yestarday. I instantly figured out the thread for the first day, and was determined to go through every page to find it. But these two... I can't feel determined to do that if I'm not sure I have the right place. I can't even begin to understand them. I'm lost, in a sea of questions, and I don't know the answers. I'm trapped, in a mountain of riddles, and I don't understand the clues. I don't know how to do this, and that scares me. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to think. I don't know. I don't know. I just, don't know.

Someone please put this to music

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby npixelz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:54 am

I guess I am being kinda poetic, huh? If only I could be like this when I'm trying to think of one. *smiles painfully*

Postby Death by Mirrors » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:01 am

Today's might even be a thread you already checked yesterday, which was a red herring then, but holds the pot of gold today. And it's way shorter than the 800+ pages thread that held the feathers.

[+] SPOILER
Speaking of red herrings, if you made a herring for dinner yesterday, where would you brag about it?

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 10:40 pm

Postby Nyuu » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:05 am

i'm with npixelz.
I'm very discouraged, really upset that i don't get all of these clues and i personally dislike events like this :c i'm bad at finding things and it doesn't help i've only been here a few weeks. I'm also really upset i missed day 1 item and i hope someone can sell it to me. <3
I have a strong feeling that makes me want to just give up because i have no clue again about today's location...

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 11:40 pm

&
Join my discord server to see updates about my pixel work, WIPs and more! ; https://discord.gg/W8sBaQT

Postby npixelz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:10 am

That's the way I feel too. But please, don't let this event ruin the rest of the site for you. This is an amazing community, and everyone is so nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy being on here. So don't lose faith, please.

Postby Nyuu » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:08 am

I don't want it to ruin the site for me but it kind of does. :( the last event was really fun and i loved it but i feel really sad about this one, i've got no clue about these things and it's just so discouraging for me. I usually like treasure hunts on sites but probably because they refer to certain parts of the site (shoes shop, donation page, avatar creator, etc) so it's accessible for everyone, i have no knowledge about threads here because i'm new D:

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 11:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Events