Site-wide events run by the Windlyn Team!

[Novalia 2023] Time to Shrine

Re: [Novalia 2023] Time to Shrine

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:42 am

I also dropped about 7k ahahaha

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:16 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Flaria » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:57 am

One day late to this event but matters not, I got 3 items so far and possibly needs to chat more to get more feathers. Time to check the shop.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:16 pm

Postby (-o-) » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:17 am

Don't forget to play the minigames too!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:16 pm

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby Willow » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:16 am

Diana wrote:
Willow wrote:ive got dupes to offer if anyone wanted to get rid of their kotatsu , thats the one item I missed :strain:

ahh you reminded me I needed to put some stuff in the shop. I forgot!! :scream:

Kotatsu!!! thank you thank you! :cheer:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:16 pm

Postby Arc » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:32 am

Since I haven't been here for that long I don't think my opinion matters much, but for events like this, could I suggest that feathers earned for posting be doubled? Or instead, there be a random posting bonus here and there? Then the bonus could end when the event does. That way we won't have to go broke, and it might help users who aren't as active. x-x

Postby npixelz » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:39 am

That's a pretty good idea, idk if it'll work for coding, maybe it would be done manually, but if it's not a big hassle I second this notion, Arc

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Ashton » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:29 am

hmmm

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 pm

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:07 pm

Kingdom of Knuffel has some random posting awards (knuffel daycare coupons and donuts when a certain popup shop isn't around), so I imagine it's doable

Postby Watery Star » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:07 pm

Arc wrote:Since I haven't been here for that long I don't think my opinion matters much, but for events like this, could I suggest that feathers earned for posting be doubled? Or instead, there be a random posting bonus here and there? Then the bonus could end when the event does. That way we won't have to go broke, and it might help users who aren't as active. x-x

That is a good suggestion. I could see something like the Play room forum giving more feathers during events such as this. Currently it doesn't give much but it's easy place to quickly post in.

Trading between users is a big part of this community and helps alleviate the urgency for gaining feathers. I do understand wanting to participate in events as much as possible and that there are limited items that would be hard to obtain by relying on trading.

Postby Arc » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:21 pm

I like the idea of the Play Room forum giving more feathers during events, and maybe even the event forum.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:53 pm

I think events go for a few weeks to give people time to post to gain feathers. & be able to play Plus I believe the events are geared towards trying to get people to post & play the games.

One of the reasons I work all year to build up my feather count!

Arc, your opinion always counts!!

Postby Flaria » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:12 pm

Kitalpha Hart wrote:Kingdom of Knuffel has some random posting awards (knuffel daycare coupons and donuts when a certain popup shop isn't around), so I imagine it's doable

I haven't been on Kingdom of Knuffel in forever but I do recall that not easy for me to post on there. :worry:

Postby Diana » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:23 pm

Your opinions always matter! :cheer:

Thanks for the feedback! Here's some things to think about, that may frame things a little differently. I tried to keep it short, but you know how that goes... :scream:

Event items are rewards for participating. It's not expected that newer or less active members will be able to get all rewards all of the time (and sometimes, even the most active members may have a hard time). If everything was trivial to get, it would devalue all the items. Some items are purposefully more difficult to get and I hope they will come with a feeling of achievement once you do. Like Watery Star said, I want to make the space for and encourage trading, and that also plays a big role in deciding how events are designed and how items are released. Our community is extremely generous, so I don't think you will have a hard time getting ahold of any items you missed! :cheer:

But I do acknowledge that it can be discouraging to miss out. And oh boy do I know how life can get busy! Lemon hit the nail on the head- I do a couple things to balance different needs. Windlyn's events have a pretty long duration so even newer or less active members have time to participate and enjoy. Most events, including the first half of the Time to Shrine Novalia event, are very newbie friendly and require little or no prior residency in Windlyn, and it is easy to get many items with little effort. Different events cater to different audiences and it's important to also provide interesting and valuable events and limited time releases that interest, challenge, and reward our most active members. But, even the gacha event is a steal. You can get 40 items, including 9 backgrounds, for the price one background normally is!!

I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but I will not be increasing the number of feathers you receive from posting in the forums. I actually recently had been thinking about reducing the amount you can get from posting... :distress: But for now, I will leave it alone. :cheer: Earning feathers or other rewards is intended to incentivise certain behaviours and engagement. For example, you get greater rewards for participating in discussions than you do in spam or word game forums because they require more effort and create more connection and community. It's also very important that there is game value available for people who come to Windlyn in the "off season", otherwise we just encourage people to disappear until the next event!

If you are hard up for feathers, I recommend checking out the game room, you can easily earn hundreds of feathers every day. Or, check out some of the very nice giveaway games that some of our very generous users have set up in the Play Room forum!

Hopefully that settles some of your worries :cheer: But if you want to discuss further, feel free to make a thread in the feedback forum and we can talk about balancing the economy there!

Site Admin

Postby npixelz » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:15 pm

Thank you for taking the time to give us the information, Diana! We appreciate everything you and your team do!

Postby Ashton » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:47 pm

Oof

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Events