The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Food

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Food

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:12 am

ice tea is basically cold tea, and can be made with any tea. sun tea is fun to make - water in a jar with tea bags left in the sun. Have you ever tried making it?

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:51 am

Postby Mika » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:22 am

I couldn't find any white chocolate chips.... So I decided to try dark chocolate.... It doesn't mix well with pancakes like white chocolate does....

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:51 am

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:08 am

Depened Unsweetened Ice Tea is just cold regular tea but Sweetened Ice Tea has tons of sugar in it so it's different a bit. XD

I don't like Dark Chocolate that much it's too bitter for me. Milk and White are better options all around.

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:05 pm

BJ - have you tried MacDonald's sweet tea? That is sooooo loaded with sugar it tastes like flavored sugar water.

Mika - sometimes if you grate or break up the chocolate before adding to pancakes it helps

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:29 pm

No I haven't had that might have to try it but it might not be in my area since I'm in the North.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:20 pm

oops, meant McDonald's. as in (Ronald) McDonald's the restaurant that has seeped its way into big cities around the world. Not sure if they offer sweet tea at all their places though.

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Next time I go I will look at the menu to see if they have it here. I know over in other countries there are special items that are made just for them. XD

Postby Mousy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:54 pm

On the Menu TONIGHT~
Chili Cheese Dogs!
okay okay so maybe i'm just new to this, but I bought a pack of hotdogs that have the same amount of dogs in them as the bun packages have buns. I AM SO PUMPED ABOUT THIS. It's always been 10 hotdogs vs 8 buns. They have leveled the playing field. Peace and harmony have filled the world once again.

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:51 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:16 pm

Awesome Mousy I bet you will love them!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:43 pm

usually we get the kosher hot dogs which have 7 so there is always a bun left over. Today we had a different all beef brand that was bun size AND had 8 franks in it! Should have thought of chili dogs though...yumm. Do you add chopped onion and cheese to yours Mousy?

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:49 pm

Ok for all those who wanted to know what Porkroll is! It's a breakfast meat that is similar in theory to Spam only circular and tastes a bit different. It is a processed food but I don't care it's so freaking good!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:52 pm

do you have to cook pork roll or does it come precooked like SPAM? What do you eat it with?

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:11 pm

It usually is precooked but we fry it up anyway so that it's cooked better. You can eat it on a sandwich with eggs and cheese and french fries, chips, tater tots, hasbrowns, or home fries the small cut up potatoes. You can have it on a roll, bagel, American Biscuit, Bread, and Croissant. You can have it on a plate will all of that with the read part as a side as well. You can have it along side waffles or pancakes. It's so versatile. It's the same thing as Bacon that way! :D

Postby Mousy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:22 pm

Lemon Cheesecake- It was just a chili, cheese, dog, bun kind of night. XD
but sauteed onions would be fantastic on it. mmmmmm......

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:51 am

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Oh! Chili cheese dogs sound amazing!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge