The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Food

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Food

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:05 pm

I want to go there but haven't gotten a chance to. XD

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:12 pm

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:22 pm

huh thats actually a really accurate ad voice! sounds just like the ads here xD

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:12 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:26 pm

I didn't realize Aussies eat lamb so much ...although that makes sense. It is not a common food choice here - usually on gourmet menu's. Not a big fan of lamb, too gamey tasting for me but then I am not a big fan of pork and especially not deer or buffalo, haven't tried tiger or snake although I hear they taste like chicken.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:12 pm

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 pm

lamb... gamey? o.o
but yeah when i went to visit mousy i was so surprised that lamb is considered a gourmet meat in america
its just so weird to me xD
i love lamb sosososo much

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:51 pm

My parents LOVE lamb and I have friends who love lamb too but I never have. Maybe too fatty? Not sure what it is. Grass feed beef tastes on the gamey side to me too. Not a big meat fan I guess.

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:26 pm

the fatty bits are the best bit T_T
yeah im a huge meat eater so i guess xD
if you dont like gamey meat, never try kangaroo then

Postby Mousy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:34 pm

I didn't like lamb at the first bite...
So, of course, I kept eating it.
and now I really like it!!

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:12 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:36 pm

hmmm I may be willing to try kangaroo but probably wouldn't eat much of it! Do you have any different veggies over there? Besides vegemite, I have tried that. They don't eat cute koala's do they?

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:40 pm

aaaabsolutely no koalas. but thats because like over 80% of the koala population has syphilis... not because theyre so cute xD
plus kangaroos are nicer
i cant really think of any different veggies.. though like, we get a lot of stuff year round while i think you only get them when theyre in season?
like pumpkin~ we get that all year but i was over there during christmas and mousys family was saying they dont get fresh ones in store

Postby Mousy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Did you like the vegemite?
I did not like it one bit. XD

Ryvvi didn't like that we had things like pumpkin pie and sweet potatoes. Apparently those are supposed to be savory not sweet. :lol:

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:57 pm

THEYRE VEGETABLES NOT CANDY DAMMIT

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:06 pm

oh my! I did not realize Koala's have SYPHILIS ! Does it make them go crazy like in people?

I like baked or roasted sweet potatoes so that they are like yams but am not one for sweet potatoes cooked with the marshmallows. I will eat it and I do like sweet potatoe pie and pumpkin pie and I like pumpkin spice flavored latte's, yum!!

Some veggie's we get year round in California but some have to have certain temperatures and it is either too hot or too cold. I have roses year round though.

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:32 pm

im not sure if it makes them go crazy, but its def not recommended going near them if you have any open sores, just because the sheer number of the population thats infected~
sweet potatoes with marshmallows is still one of the grossest things ive ever eaten

Postby Mousy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:15 pm

the marshmallows are the best part!! XD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:37 pm

I like marshmallows when they are toasty but not a big fan of them over all. You can have mine : )

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge