The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Sailor Moon Reboot - Yay or nay?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Sailor Moon Reboot - Yay or nay?

Postby Lime » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:27 am

See, I always kind of wondered that.. Because Sailor V is a born leader, and she's.. So amazing. D: (My favourite sailor scouts are Uranus and Mercury though) and Usagi drives me INSANE. Is that canon though?

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:46 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Maro » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:30 am

Extremely canon, from the manga anyvvay, the older anime doesn't get into it as much. Crystal sort of does vvith Luna assuming that they have all four senshi novv and still no princess. Not realizing she ended up making the princess the leader of the senshi vvhen it's supposed to be Sailor V.... vvho she's been talking to this vvhole time apparently?!

But yeah back before the 'modern' senshi , Venus vvas the leader and body double for the Princess, vvhich is vvhy I can kind of see Luna frigging it up and thinking that the princess IS Venus but... but not realizing there's no Moon senshi in the first place and novv there is suddenly.. and they are looking for the MOON princess... x.x;;

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:16 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Lime » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:19 am

Oh wait, so Venus was actually Sailor Moon's body double? Is that why they look so similar?

Also, hmm. That sounds really awesome. I really wanna finish re-watching the old anime, and reading the manga, but I'm always so busy.. x__x

Postby Maro » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:40 am

Actually since there vvas no sailor moon she vvas only the princess' body double in times of trouble and such. ^^;

Postby Lime » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:38 am

Oooh, gotcha. Gotcha.

... Huh. That's. Wow. Everything I knew was a lie! Haha, kidding. But jeez that's so different!

Postby Maro » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:26 am

Yeah it's vvhy they had her pretend to be sailor moon in that one episode of the old anime x.x

Postby Lime » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:49 am

Yeah, I remember that one episode, but that was it. :c

I really wanna read the manga now.

Postby Nuntis » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:32 am

Yay, it's been good so far despite its initial release and the art anatomy problems.
Hard to believe first season will be wrapped up soon, and rimi will be making an appearance.

Local time: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:46 pm

Postby Sushishima » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:19 am

I don't think it was needed the reason why is I think that an anime with this concept would not keep up with other anime today because of the slight formula change of how anime is made. sure you can put a fresh new coat of paint on a old fence but it is still just an old fence. If the Sailor Moon series should have strayed away from its original story line like with a different story arch along with the new updated look it got, I think I may have stayed more with the series.

Postby Nuntis » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:39 am

Sushishima wrote:I don't think it was needed the reason why is I think that an anime with this concept would not keep up with other anime today because of the slight formula change of how anime is made. sure you can put a fresh new coat of paint on a old fence but it is still just an old fence. If the Sailor Moon series should have strayed away from its original story line like with a different story arch along with the new updated look it got, I think I may have stayed more with the series.

The first sailor moon is why the reboot is there in the first place. The creator of the manga wanted it to follow closer to the story she wrote.

As a stand alone, sailor moon was popular. It deviated from the manga's story, he'll, most did not know the mangas existence where I was at least cause when I learned it did, was how I learned it was vastly different from the anime.

Sailor moon crystal though is more attatched to the manga, so it's not exactly stand alone like the first sailor moon.
Another rather good example of an anime that deviated from the manga storyline and was vastly popular was full metal alchemist.
It had a reboot itself to follow the manga.

Postby Lime » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:05 am

Yeah, I like the new reboot a lot. The art is crisp and beautiful, even if it has some problems. The only things I don't like are the anatomy (it drives me nuts), and the CGI aspects. Other than that I adore it.

Also, yeah. I understand what you mean Sushi, but I don't feel the same way. I think it was an awesome idea, considering how popular Sailor Moon STILL is. The new one is a hit, and it's wonderfully done. And yeah, it's different because it's following the manga more. I still can't believe the first season is almost done with though.

And yeah, Full Metal Alchemist did the same thing with Brotherhood, and that went over really well.

Postby Nuntis » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:45 am

I find I like jupiters transformation the best out of the group. Even with the 3d use. I am actually lookin forward to if they decide to do the outers. Neptunes always been my favorite and I would love to see what they do.

Postby Maro » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:11 pm

I have to catch up on it again, gods help me I've lagged behind on it again x.x

Postby Lime » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Nuntis wrote:I find I like jupiters transformation the best out of the group. Even with the 3d use. I am actually lookin forward to if they decide to do the outers. Neptunes always been my favorite and I would love to see what they do.

Oh my goodness, right? Jupiter's was my favourite so far! Even with the CGI it gave me goosebumps. Did they do Venus yet? I'm not caught up on it.

Postby Sushishima » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Ok well, that was a mistake on my part cause I did not put 2 and 2 together and think that the reboot was based on the manga version. Knowing this makes my opinion of the Sailor moon Crystal a little less harsh. But, FMA was different on how it developed because of what happened to the story in the first place. That deviation only happened because of the anime moving faster than what the creator could write which prompted the creator to tell the people making the anime to take the series in a different direction which caused both Full Metal Alchemist, and Full Metal Alchemist Brother hood to be made. Brother hood was the version that would be the one to move away from the manga and FMA original would stay on track with the manga. True, this is a good example of comparing to sailor moon but, In my opinion, It was not definitely not intended to be like this

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge