The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Public Transportation Stories

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Public Transportation Stories

Postby Maro » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:45 am

I'm nothing special ^^;

I wonder who else has stories about public transport

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 6:43 am

Art by - ciel

Postby murmurlade » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:01 am

//paps your cheeks
wouldn't you be surprised at the behaviour of the people here then :<

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 5:13 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Maro » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:37 am

/squeak/ I just don't think that me trying to be nice to everyone I meet and brighten up their day even a little makes me special tbh.

oohh I just thought of another story, someone looked me dead in the eyes and asked me if I had a license to ride the bus... I'm assuming they were meaning a bus pass... eheh..

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:26 am

shouldve asked them if they had the appropriate license to talk to you xD

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 8:13 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Maro » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:46 am

hahaha man if only i'd thought of that before

some of the oddest conversations i've ever had to pleasure of being a part of on the bus have to be deep religious conversations with mormons and JWs tbh it's kind of funny if you think about it in a way. but still relatively enjoyable as they were young around my age and relatively respectful of my non-belief as an atheist ^^;;

Postby Corvidae » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:12 pm

That's all insane. I got a happy story.

One time on the train, I was sitting across from this old Native American man. Baseball cap, ancient jeans and boots, reminded me of my former cowboy grandfather. He looked out the window and, I swear to all that is holy, said:

"Looks like rain. Rain is good. Makes all the green things grow." He sounded like that wisened medicine man, like it was very spiritual for him. Then he leaned in towards the guy across from him and said, "How bout them Rockies?"

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 3:13 am

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:48 am

Haha since I live in Hong Kong, I have a TON of these stories to tell. The weirdest one I won't say because it was... really weird.
The scariest one was when the subway/MTR just stopped in one place and didn't move and I was trying not to freak out. Things like that do not happen in HK, like never. Then after a few minutes it was as fast as ever, like what the heck. xD

Talking about people, I feel quite sad when some elderly people couldn't sit in the priority seats because young teenagers where just sitting in them listening to music.

Also in every place that doesn't have a taxi line, if you try to make an imaginary taxi line you can't use the " I was here first so the taxi can't take you" excuse because there is no line. People always cut, especially when it's raining. OTL

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:42 pm

wow, I feel like I live such a sheltered life, the cities I've lived in haven't been that big. If I had to I could walk where I needed to go. Makes me appreciate having a car now.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:13 am

Postby I Shall Engrave » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:35 am

I was on a train on Friday where a guy drew me. It was actually more of an order; he just told me to "sit still" while I was on the shuttle train. He drew my portrait in several minutes and I gave him a few bucks to keep it.

Sometimes there are performers on the trains and one of my favorite ones are two guys who dance and do tricks on the poles. One performer came up to me and started grinding so I grind right back lol.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 1:13 am

Postby murmurlade » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:31 am

that's being a good sport xD

question to you guys! put yourself in a scenario where you're very tired (physically), sitting on the subway on a non priority seat. an old man rudely asks you to give up your seat to him, and talks very loudly about how rude "youngsters" are. what would you do?

i know im being oddly specific but this is just a hypothetical situation... i would probably flip him in my head but move out of the way-- i try to avoid conflict when i can, its not worth the time or the energy... but im curious as to what others would do.

Postby galled » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:02 am

For me it depends on who it is in relation to me. Are they older, less fit, looking more tired than I, carrying a lot of stuff, have a child, then I would give up my seat. For me it was usually only one or two stops before another seat opens up or I arrive at my destination stop, so it's not much of an inconvenience. However, if someone rudely demands I get up, something inside me want to say no just because they're rude and I have no legal obligation to give up my seat (first come first serve). It's never happened to me, but I guess I would avoid a scene and get up.

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:13 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby I Shall Engrave » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:08 pm

Oh, I have a new one!

Couple of weeks ago I'm on a train to go meet my date. There's a guy sitting across from me who looks up at me. I'm generally polite to strangers so I smile. As I get up to leave at my stop, he gives me a paper with his number on it. I declined, but now when I think about it I feel kind of bad.

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:29 am

@mur
I've never had someone ask me for a seat but if they rudely ask then I'd probably politely say I'm very tired or something like that. If they were more polite I would give up my seat. I don't think rudely asking a young person to give up their seat is something that reflects a good image on a person anyway.

@i shall engrave
Well at least it's better than accepting it and never calling him. Although isn't that sort of creepy? Does this kind of thing happen often where you live?

Postby I Shall Engrave » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:33 am

I might have called. He seemed polite, unlike most of the creeps that hit on me on trains. Worst case scenario - we don't click and cease contact.

Previous

Return to The Lounge