The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

I don't celebrate Halloween...

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: I don't celebrate Halloween...

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:18 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:And if you wait a week or so candy goes to 75% off and then 90% ( but generally all the good stuff is gone by then)

I LOVE the discount candy! And not always, I like a good bit of the candy that is left over at those prices.

I love all things about Halloween! I love to dress up and to take my girls out to get candy and helping them dress up. I would love to go to a Halloween party one year, but have not had the chance so far. I love to decorate the house and buy so many cute Halloween themed items! This is my favorite holiday!

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 9:22 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:32 am

You should not wait around for a party but have your own party! We have friends that have done a potluck every Halloween which is always fun when we go. They set everything up outside and have a fire pit. The kids all dress up, they have games or someone brings a guitar to play and everyone walks around as a group trick or treating. The kids empty out their bags and trade candy after. It is a fun time of visiting.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 6:22 am

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:49 am

We were wanting to have one, but we don't have any money for the food for Halloween this year. Next year we might have a Halloween party. We can start planning after this Halloween! ^_^ hehe

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:11 pm

POTLUCK! Everyone brings something and there is generally left overs. a crock pot of soup or chili, spaghetti, finger foods, chips, nothing fancy. Get all the left over Halloween decorations for about 10 cents each in the next couple weeks for next year.

Postby murmurlade » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:29 pm

what the heck is potluck? :) is it like hotpot?
lol buying discounted halloween items after halloween is the best. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SYSTEM!

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 9:22 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Diana » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:00 am

haha. Potluck is where you have an event people attend and everyone brings their own dish to share with everyone else. I could bring soup, you being salad, lemon brings cake... etc. Then theres lots of food and nobody has to make all of it themselves. :)

Site Admin

Postby Lianna » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:28 am

Isn't hotspot where everyone tosses in ingredients for a soup?
Similar concepts, entirely separate executions

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 8:22 am

Sup nerds check my main if you want my attention

Postby Diana » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:49 pm

I think hotpot is when you bring ingredients/go to a place and there's ingredients and you add it to the pot and cook it at the place. It's kinda the same, I guess? If my understanding is right, but potluck you cook at home and bring the finished pieces and hotpot you cook it there?

Site Admin

Postby Lianna » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Gdi my iPad made hotpot a wifi center XD

I think that's about right, barring details

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 8:22 am

Postby Fuu-Chan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Both my grandmother and Dad are Jehovah witnesses.
So Holiday stuff right now is a bit iffy to me.
And they kind of have been pushing me to be a part of their religion but I don't really necessarily believe
what they believe in[i went to a meeting with my dad and grandmother once].
So right now Halloween, Christmas and birthdays kind of just make me want to avoid them.
And I have no way of celebrating at the moment due to I don't work or have own place so for the time being
I just can't and don't celebrate it. Best way I can is to just make art.

But I do enjoy Halloween as it is my favorite holiday and it really let's me get creative.
With my art and everything really. Even writing. And I love how many things you can do.

But I would like to celebrate it with my elder sister when she and I move in together.
and watch movies and dress up. I love to make things.
And I would love to make my sister costumes or just holiday themed things.

Hangout|Progress Thread|LiveStream
Barely On Windlyn.
You Can Find me On Caedon.

Caedon Username: Fuu-Chan12
Tell me if you plan to add me otherwise I wont know who you are.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:29 pm

I never thought about "potluck" being a cultural thing. Yes, "potluck" means its pot, luck, as in everyone brings a food item and its the luck of the draw what you end up with.Sometimes you can ask people to bring a salad or an entree or dessert or beverage, usually you ask the host or tell them what you are bringing.

hotpot is when the food is cut up to bite size pieces and everyone at the table adds it to the broth in an electric pot to make a soup and eats it. It's very fun. You can do it with potstickers too (gyoza).

Postby dragoness129 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Potluck would be a good idea.
Never heard of Hotpot before. Learning new things every day. ^_^

@ Fuu - While everyone is entitled to their opinions and choice of religion, no one should try to push you into their own. :(
(I am Agnostic, meaning I do believe in God and choose to accept him, but I do not have a specific religion)
Halloween is my favorite holiday also! So much inspiration and great times!
When you move in with your sister sounds like fun! I am the eldest in my family, but if my sister lived with us, I would love to have her celebrate the holidays with us.

Postby Fuu-Chan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:50 pm

dragoness129
It's a bit unfair due to I was raised without religion my entire life.
And now suddenly I am being sort of pushed into it.
And it just rubs me the wrong way. A person should join a religion if they have the same beliefs.
Not because I am being forced into it.

But yeah it will be fun when I move in with my sister.
I plan to make my own costumes and everything. And eat chocolate and do whatever we want. XD
And of course watch a bunch of Halloween movies. :D

I wanted to make a halloween art piece but I did not make it in time.
Damn my motivation >.>

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:55 pm

well, I like seeing the costumes people dress up in (cosplay I guess) and eating the candy but I really am not one for the scary gory part of Halloween.

Previous

Return to The Lounge