The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Sailor Moon Reboot - Yay or nay?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Sailor Moon Reboot - Yay or nay?

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:37 am

Okay so, before anyone says this- I didn't put this in the Pop Culture forum, because that's just for indirect fanning, or going on about favourite characters/episodes. Haha. I actually want to ask your guys' opinions, and talk about reboots in general!

So, a few of you might have heard that Sailor Moon was supposed to get a reboot- personally I'm SUPER excited, because I love Sailor Moon! It was supposed to be released in 2013, but they pushed it back to sometime in 2014 (hopefully).

I tried to find some screenshots, but (as you may have seen me post this in another thread), there's one I found every time I searched up "reboot 2014" for it:

Now honestly, I'm pretty excited. Although I love the old style, part of me is really stoked to see if this is how it's really going to look.

Do you guys like the new style? Or do you think they should keep it as close to the old one, with updated animation?

Do you guys also think they're going to change their outfits, or anything else? Part of me is worried that they're going to mess it up, or change things too drastically and I'm not going to like the final result. Although I saw a picture someone did of some updated outfits, and I think they look really cool:

Now I know it doesn't look like it's actually from the show, but do you think they'll give them new sparkly/fancy outfits like Disney did with their Princess reboot?

I wanna hear your guys' opinions! :)
All in all, do you think a reboot is long overdue, or don't fix what's not broken?

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 6:01 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Re: Sailor Moon Reboot - Yay or nay?

Postby Ghost » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:15 am

I'm torn. I hate change, I'm one of THOSE. But I mean, Doctor Who wasn't broken and YEARS later they brought it back and it's amazing so...

I am definitely excited to see where it goes. And art style doesn't ever bother me unless it's drawn like... Shin Chan... UGH. So no matter what they look like, I'll probably love the show. I loved old Sailor Moon. I'm looking forward to it.

ImageImage
Nibbly wants a sacrifice
Wiggly wants his wrath
We dance around the pentagram
And take all our kingdoms back

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:20 am

See, I'm like that too. I HATE change, and I'm a firm believer in "don't fix what's not broken," but certain things I'd love to see how they turned out. I think it's because Sailor Moon has been gone for SO long, that I'm pretty excited. Because it was always my favourite show as a kid.

Also yeah, good point. Doctor Who came back and it was amazing! (I still need to watch more of it.. So behind.)

Yeah, I'm somewhat picky with art style, mostly because I don't watch nearly as much anime as I used to. So it has to have REALLY good art, and a REALLY good story for me to follow. But if the new Sailor Moon looks like that, heck I'm in. That looks so gorgeous! I'm excited mostly for how her transformations are going to look.. Haha. Not to mention all the sailor scouts~

Also ugh, my friends used to be obsessed with that stupid show. Saw one episode- hated it for eternity. I would never even attempt to give it another shot.

Postby Vinnie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:04 pm

I took a few screencaps from the first episode. The art is alright, nothing incredible but it's not horrible or anything.

[+] SPOILER

But the transformation CG isn't so good.

[+] SPOILER

Seems like a good remake, though.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 9:01 am

male avatar ufufufu

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:24 pm

oh they changed the transformation? that was my favourite part :(
i was never a super huge fan though~ i just watched it after school on tv when it aired
so i cant say i have strong feelings either way on the reboot, but in general? i guess i like them :s im trying to think of something i watch thats been completely rebooted
/mental blank

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby MystMist » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:01 pm

I actually barely remember sailor moon, saw it a few times when i was little but batman was always more interesting.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 12:01 am

Postby Lime » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Ugh for me, I ADORE Sailor Moon. <3 Haha. I absolutely love it, and I was in the mist of rewatching it but I started school a few months back and had to stop for now. :cc

But ugh, the art is okay. I'm fine with that. I prefer the old art, but the new is cute and looks like the manga. I like the colouring style at least, it's much brighter. BUT THE ANIMATIONS. Oh jeez I hate them. Legitimately Sailor Moon's is the worst. :( I think the CG looks terrible, and she has these horrible like.. noodle arms when she spins and stuff. I definitely think they should have stuck with the cartoon-style transformations. Mercury and Mars aren't TOO bad, but I still don't like them. But ah well!

Postby MystMist » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:14 am

That's what happens when you do a reboot, you like some but dislike most of it.
Well most often

Postby Vinnie » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:14 am

MystMist wrote:That's what happens when you do a reboot, you like some but dislike most of it.
Well most often

Slightly OT but are there even any good reboots? The only one that really comes to mind is DmC. Well, until they changed it last second to something else. =P

Postby MystMist » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:42 am

I'm sure there are other games that have been rebooted where some has become better.
But reboots in games are rare since there always are copyright problems xP

Postby Lime » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:13 pm

Uhh.. Hm. I wonder if I played/saw/etc. any reboots that I was like "MAN THIS IS GREAT!"

Hmm.. I'll actually have to think about that one.. :/

Postby MystMist » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:17 pm

What do you guys think about game to movie conversion?
I liked the prince of Persia movie ^^

Postby Lime » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:23 pm

Mm, it was a decent movie actually! Compared to a lot of games-to-movie adaptions, it was probably one of the best. We're not gonna get on comics to movies, that's waaay too huge. Haha.

Uhh, I think my favourite though was probably the first Silent Hill movie, or the early Resident Evil ones. The new Silent Hill was ABSOLUTELY crap. I was so pissed off by it. :(( Sean Bean was even in it, and it sucked! I was so upset, haha. And the new RE movies I didn't even bother watching.. D: I stopped after like, 1 or 2.. Maaaaybe 3?

Postby MystMist » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:29 pm

A book to movie adaption i absolutely hate is Eragorn
How can they get so much wrong and make such a bad movie out of such a good book?

Postby Vinnie » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:05 pm

I remember Eragorn. I know that an 11 year-old me loved it. Nowadays I realize just how bad that shit was. =(

Next

Return to The Lounge