The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Sailor Moon Reboot - Yay or nay?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Sailor Moon Reboot - Yay or nay?

Postby Maro » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:43 pm

You got FMA and FMAB svvapped around there, FMA deviated from the manga and FMAB follovved it more closely.

the first anime /vvas/ intended to split from the manga but i can't remember exactly vvhy anymore..

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 12:14 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Sushishima » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:28 am

are you sure you got this right? I was told by many people that the 2 different versions of FMA were never an intended split

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 7:44 pm

Postby Maro » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:44 am

I meant first one of sailor moon, should have said that sorry.

Postby Nuntis » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Lime wrote:
Nuntis wrote:I find I like jupiters transformation the best out of the group. Even with the 3d use. I am actually lookin forward to if they decide to do the outers. Neptunes always been my favorite and I would love to see what they do.

Oh my goodness, right? Jupiter's was my favourite so far! Even with the CGI it gave me goosebumps. Did they do Venus yet? I'm not caught up on it.

Sailor v
Oh my gods was it pretty, kept with the traditional with a little flare.
You have to see it.

Sushishima wrote:are you sure you got this right? I was told by many people that the 2 different versions of FMA were never an intended split

If I remember right, the anime was intended to be a standalone away from the manga.
But the creator did want one based more closely to the manga so brother hood was born.

Sailor moon was very much in the same position at the time when the manga was still being produced.
I admit though the older anime had he scouts have more grounded flaws. While I do like the manga version it comes off slightly Mary sueish.

Postby Sushishima » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:53 pm

The anime was supposed to follow Manga but, the writer wanted to develop characters more so she told the animators to go into a separate direction from the original manga version. the writer, Hiromu Arakawa was surprised in the different direction that it took. but mostly regarding the homunculi back stories
[+] SPOILER
pride supposedly the failed transmutation of izumi's kid and oddly enough, sloth the failed transmutation of the Elric brother's mother
which were not present in the normal FMA anime but were present in the brotherhood version

Postby Maro » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:23 pm

[+] SPOILER
I think you mean vvrath not pride for the supposed failed transmutation of izumi's dead kid. not pride vvho instead of being the fuhrer's son vvas the fuhrer himself yet in the manga and brotherhood he's vvrath if i believe correctly and his 'son' is pride.

ahem

Postby ciel » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:35 pm

i've only seen the first two episodes, but from what i've seen i'm not really a fan.

i read the manga when i was younger, and i really liked it; but i think that the art style of manga doesn't always translate well to animation. take clamp, for example. (i'm thinking xxxholic in particular) i think this is a similar case where the style worked well for shoujo manga, but looks a bit awkward when animated.

i also tend to dislike manga adaptions in general. i prefer an original story, but i think that anime studios find it safer to make adaptations of work that is already popular.

and i think it's impossible to not comment on the cgi transformations
i'll just leave this article here
http://2dwillneverdie.com/blog/the-art- ... r-sprites/

i think cg can be great, but i prefer the imperfection of hand-drawn animation. there are also things like stylized distortion of movement that aren't really possible with a 3d model.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 6:44 pm

Postby Altysay » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:44 pm

I've seen the old stuff and loved it, I'm also loving the new one as well.

I'm looking to trade some of my extra winter items (sweaters and stuff) for the hair items like what I have on. I need them all except Pink and Black. PM me if you're interested.

Deviantart Tumblr
Tumblr is partly NSFW(18+)

Previous

Return to The Lounge