The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Sailor Moon Reboot - Yay or nay?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Sailor Moon Reboot - Yay or nay?

Postby MystMist » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Well at least the fellowship of the ring and hobbit movies turned out good.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 11:38 am

Postby Maro » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:08 pm

I'm actually really loving the reboot so far, and about the animation and such they're touching it up to be even better and such for the blu-ray and dvd releases thankfully. ^^;;

I'm so excited to see vvhat else they do vvith it as it goes on.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 7:08 am

Art by - ciel

Postby MystMist » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:20 am

How is the story and "acting" compared to the original?

Postby Maro » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:05 am

the original dub from the 90s vvas actually pretty bad, i can't go based on the original japanese one because I didn't vvatch that grovving up. I just vvish they had replaced Usagi as vvell since they replaced everyone else for SMC

Postby Lime » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:09 pm

The Japanese voices are really good. English? They suuuuck. For the old anime anyways, I wonder if they're going to adapt the new one into English. I wouldn't watch it anyways, but I'd like to see the voices. :)

I've met a few of the English voice actors in person, though.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 5:38 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby MystMist » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Yeah voices that aren't original are often........stupid.
For an example when listening to films i have seen in english when they are dubbed to swedish it's always awful.
Especially since they often ignore getting people with the right dialects/accents like in brave.........just horrible.

Postby Lime » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Yeah, I don't have the whole Swedish thing.. Haha. Born and raised in Canada, so English is really my only option. :P Unless I have subtitles, then I watch whatever it is in it's original language. I just find it's better in general when it's the voices that were made for it.

Postby MystMist » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:48 pm

I like to multitask and with movies where you need the read the subtitles you actually need to concentrate almost completely on that. That's why i don't watch much anime.

Postby Lime » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Yeah, that's also why I haven't finished Sailor Moon. I've been watching it in the Japanese only, but yeah. If it has subtitles I need to actually watch it. :( So it's kinda hard.

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:16 pm

ugh yes! thats why i stopped watching anime
normally i put movies on and only vaguely pay attention
the only ones i can really watch now are the ones ive already seen once or twice so i know whats going on already

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 8:38 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby MystMist » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Didn't know it was such a common thing to not really pay attention to movies xP

Postby ’✖‘ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:53 pm

I like Sailor Moon.!
I finished the whole series! I think I should read the manga now. xd
The reboot is okay..
I hate the transformation scenes now.. D: I used to love them but I don't like how it's animated. It feels like I'm watching a Hatsune Miku MMD. XD
I wish they didn't make Mako's voice sound so boyish compared to the first Sailor Moon animes. x:
But I like how the story is! I guess because they followed the manga storyline more. XD In the first animes Sailor Moon seemed like the only important one & the other are just there for when Princess Serenity needs to use her Silver Crystal so she needs them to give her their power.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:38 am

Postby Maro » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:14 pm

So far it's still looking pretty good, hope it keeps going like this

Postby Lime » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:24 am

’✖‘ wrote:

I like Sailor Moon.!
I finished the whole series! I think I should read the manga now. xd
The reboot is okay..
I hate the transformation scenes now.. D: I used to love them but I don't like how it's animated. It feels like I'm watching a Hatsune Miku MMD. XD
I wish they didn't make Mako's voice sound so boyish compared to the first Sailor Moon animes. x:
But I like how the story is! I guess because they followed the manga storyline more. XD In the first animes Sailor Moon seemed like the only important one & the other are just there for when Princess Serenity needs to use her Silver Crystal so she needs them to give her their power.

This is essentially exactly how I feel, 100% haha. ^ I couldn't have worded it better. D:

Postby Maro » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:37 pm

I just think it's funny as hell that ... it's Sailor V vvho is supposed to be the leader but because Luna's memory is all hazy she thinks it's Usagi, 'Sailor Moon' vvithout even realizing...

THERE VVAS NO SAILOR MOON IN THE FIRST PLACE! Just the princess, Sailor V her body double, and the other three inner senshi [not counting outer ones since they aren't there in the beginning yet.]

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge