The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Let's talk about weird dreams, GD.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Let's talk about weird dreams, GD.

Postby charity » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:33 am

@-@

I have this semi-recurring dream. (It's happened like once before? Either that or the one last night was super long and deja-vu-y.)

Somehow, through some manner, I've been captured and have ended up in a North Korean camp. But not really??? Like the whole place is just a big school with most of the lights turned off and a few gates/fences thrown up in some of the halls.

And I kind of like watch out for some of the younger kids, but mostly I get lost trying to figure out where to go/how to get to the places I need to get to so the guards don't punish me. (The camp is like under a library? And not just like under, but I had to cut away the carpet of the first stair and pull it back to get in????)

My dad showed up and saved my ass and my friend's ass (I don't remember which friend it was... one of my IRL ones I know that) because our name tags had fallen off of our uniforms which I don't remember wearing.

And then I was trying to get out and one of the staff members from my RL school was there, hoping that another teacher /wasn't/ there.

I escaped and got the help of some authors but I think that I was super selfish and only got myself saved???

Tell me your weird dreams, GD.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 7:46 am

Re: Let's talk about weird dreams, GD.

Postby Lime » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:40 am

Oh man, I like this topic a lot.

I always have really weird dreams, and they never seem to make sense for me. I guess they do in a way, but then the more I think about it when I wake up, I'm like "What the heck?"

Since I've been visiting my boyfriend, I've been really homesick so I had a few nightmares. Ugh, I was watching a lot of Breaking Bad before that (I won't spoil anything though), and I had a dream somebody from it shot my boyfriend because he knew too much stuff. Lol. And it was.. Jeez, really upsetting. Like, I remember in my dream we were at some wedding chapel for some reason (don't know who it was for) but I saw this one assassin/character from the show, which happens to be one of my favourite characters. Well I saw him pull a gun out, and I went to push my boyfriend out of the way and he got shot. And I was bawling my eyes out, trying to do CPR (for some reason) just to get him to breath. And I looked over and saw the assassin guy-

And well here's the weird part (sorry it's so depressing! haha). When I dream, naturally I've always been a VERY lucid dreamer. I can uhh, how to put it. When I'm dreaming, I guess a tiny part of my brain already knows I'm dreaming? So I can control certain aspects of it because I know it's my dream.

So in my dream, I looked at this guy who shot my boyfriend, and I was so angry that I looked at him, and I just kept thinking, "You feel horrible about doing this." And so like, in my dream I changed it so the guy shot himself in the head after.

.. It was reaaaaallyy messed up. I don't like sharing my dreams very often. LOL. I can understand all the little insignificant reasons why everything happened in my dream- like, I was thinking of breaking up with my boyfriend, but I still really like him. The characters from Breaking Bad, etc. Dreams I always find are your feelings, but amplified x1000 times.

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby charity » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Yo man. I think last night might have been International Weird Dream Night.

That's crazy though! I could never get the lucid dreaming thing down. :c Although it's probably better that I haven't. ... I already have enough sloppy make-out dreams. u//-//u;;; (oops)

If dreams are your feelings x1000... I need to find someone to analyze that North Korean prison dream because I am so confused man.

Postby Lime » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Well, I've always been super interested in dreams and things. I think it's super cool. Not in the weird hippy way though, haha.

Like for example, I think all dreams in a weird way can be translated to a worry, fear, emotion, or thought of ours.

For example, I wanted to break up with my boyfriend and "end" things, super-way-over-the-top-amplified, he ends up getting shot. Although I realize I do still love him (being at the wedding chapel). Then thoughts, as in, I was watching too much Breaking Bad and ended up having that in my dream- that part is simple.

Sometimes they're really hard to tell, but there's usually an underlying reason why, even if we're not aware of it. :) The human brain is pretty tricky.

Return to The Lounge