The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

I'm on Spring Break and it's snowing...

Moderator: Ryvvi

I'm on Spring Break and it's snowing...

Postby charity » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:33 pm

Nothing is accumulating but this is the second time today that there's been white out conditions.

Discuss this crazy winter that will never die.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 4:53 am

Re: I'm on Spring Break and it's snowing...

Postby Lime » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:44 pm

Oi, I hear ya. Where do you live?

I live in Canada, so it's a pain in the ass.

Please may it just go away already. I hate winter.

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby charity » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:37 pm

I'm in Indiana.

I never hated winter until this winter. ;u;''
Please just let it be spring I want my allergies and my cherry willow to blossom for like a day before it shrivels back up and hates me for another year.
I want bug bites just so I can bitch and moan about how much I hate bug bites.
I want days so humid you feel like Mother Nature just stuck out her tongue and licked you.
;n;'''

Postby Lime » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:45 pm

Lol~ I hate bug bites, mostly because I'm badly allergic to fleas and mosquitoes.

.. And grass, mildly. And the sun, too. Pretty badly to the sun.

SO. Part of me doesn't want heat or anything, but I'd like a nice long Spring. :P

Postby (っ◕‿◕)っ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:10 am

This winter, we had no snow (unlike other years) at all. All we had was rain and wind and we got lots of it. It was like Autumn was 6 months long.
Then it became Spring and we got nice sunny weather. The bird got busy, things started to grow. Real Spring... Until this morning. I was walking outside and saw a few grey clouds. I thought it was going to be rain again (as usual), but nooooo! It started to snow! O_O

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 10:53 am

Postby charity » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:25 am

@Lime---
So basically you're allergic to life? ouo;; //paps you and hands you a bandage

@(っ◕‿◕)っ---

Whaaaaat. ouo;; Man I wish we would have had a 6 month autumn... except for the spiders. Nooooooo spiders.
//shivers
But that must have been a huge tease though! I love rain, but hate the snow. I would have cried.

Postby (っ◕‿◕)っ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:50 am

Rain does get boring after a while.
It was a real wtf moment this morning. No snow all winter and now it's Spring and we get snow.

Postby Lime » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 am

Yeah, I love rain as much as the next person, but ugh. It can be a bummer if it goes on too long.

I'm not at home though, right now I'm in the States. Back at home, my sister said the weather was absolutley crazy. One day it's 6C out, sunny and wonderful, then the next day it's -10C, and snows. Lmao. She said it was flip flopping between extreme spring and winter. Talk about nuts! Here it's not too bad. Although I'm going home in two weeks. Pray that the snow goes away before then! Haha.

Also yeah.. I'm allergic to more things actually, lmao. I'm.. A sick kid.

Postby charity » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:44 am

//eternally confused by Celsius, but gets the general idea you're going for

Yeah, it's really swinging around a lot. I'm worried what effect it's going to have on the blooming season. my cherry willow tree already hates me a lot. ;u;

Postby (っ◕‿◕)っ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:16 am

I'm not exactly healthy either.

Last night, it was -3 C and today it will become 14 C max. *puts sunglasses on*

Any kind of plant hates me. I have the power to kill them all.

Postby charity » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:39 am

Please leave the pretty flowers and the yummy herbs ouo

//hugs my sick babus

I'm still so confused by Celsius. Like I know 0 C is freezing and 100 C is boiling and that part makes sense but other than that i'm just like @_____________@

Postby Lime » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:38 am

Haha soorryy. I can figure both out decently well I guess, but I'm Canadian, so we use Celcius here. :)

I can't wait to go back home though- as crazy as the weather is, it'll be nice to get my bike out and stuff again! I want to try and be healthy. :( Ugh.

And also, I looove cherry willows, if it's what I think they are. Are they really messy? LOL. I see a couple trees back at home, that kinda remind me of mini pink willow trees, so that's why I was curious. But the leaves go EVERYWHERE. And then when they stay on the ground they go all mushy and brown..

Anyways!

I can't wait until the nice weather comes back, because we have a tomato garden in the back of my apartment, which also has peppers, cucumbers, etc. And I decided when summer rolls around I'm going to start trying to make my own tea from scratch.

Also lol! Technically -32C is instant freezing point of water, where you're supposed to be able to throw it outside and it turns to like slushy ice immediately. But yeah, 0C is where things start to go cold, which is easy for us! Is it a positive? Then it's warm. Is it a negative? Then it's cold. It only makes sense! LOL.

Postby charity » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:55 am

oh man that's crazy @_@ that happened during one of the big snow/ice storms we had here but i don't even know the Fahrenheit equivalent for that.

GARDENNNS. i want a garden. we had a garden but then we all stopped caring and now we just sometimes have ferns if they survive the winter and like sometimes wild morning glories? we have a stone buddha in our "garden" though so that makes me smile. c:

I never really pay attention to what the cherry willow does. ouo like most of the year it's just this mini willow tree (it's a baby tree we planted it when we moved here like... goshie 9 years ago???) but when blossoming season comes about it explodes pink and it's great and makes me want to become an anime girl and be late to anime school

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:07 am

Aww, that makes me sad! I love gardens, but. I have bad anxiety and depression usually, so I used to forget about them a lot. But my goal is to make them the reason for getting my butt out of bed! Haha. And that's very cute! I love garden decorations, but unfortunately I don't have any. :( Aside from painted rocks I made when I was reaaaalllyy little.. Lmao. They're.. So ugly. LOL.

Lol! That description.. Is so fantastic, haha. "It makes me want to become an anime girl and be late to anime school." Lmao. But naw, I get what you mean. Trees like that are so pretty!

Return to The Lounge