The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Would you like fries with that?? - Sleeptalking

Moderator: Ryvvi

Would you like fries with that?? - Sleeptalking

Postby Bassy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:06 pm

So my roommate tells me I have been sleep talking. Last night I said: "Would you like fries with that? I'll be there in 10. Here's your food." That's all she told me.

I have had other incidents:
At camp I giggled and said: Heyyy

At a friends house I just laughed lol.

Any one else had any experience of sleep talking? Or walking perhaps?

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 3:02 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: Would you like fries with that?? - Sleeptalking

Postby Diana » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Hahha. Were you dreaming about work? :D

I was present when one of my friend's roomates was napping. He rolled over and said "Huh. That's a pretty interesting mousepad design you got there". My sister used to sit straight up in bed, say something, and lie down again all while sleeping. I could never remember what she said though. I think it was just gibberish.
I was at a slumber party once and I asked the host what time it was and she told me, while sleeping. I could've clued in that she didn't look at her phone or anything, but she said it was 4 and I was like k and went back to sleep. haha

As far as I know, I don't talk in my sleep... But who knows!

Site Admin

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 1:02 am

Postby Bassy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:21 pm

I don't remember what I was dreaming about. But I work at a fast food restaurant and I did dream about it before. My roommate says I need a vacation lol

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:27 pm

I'll wake myself up sometimes talking... and I've been told I can carry on a conversation but not remember it.

Postby galled » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:52 pm

Yes, that sound like you're spending a lot of time at work! Too bad they don't pay you for your time at home too! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:47 am

I know I used to sleepwalk because, other than Bassy actually seeing me do it before, I knew I did because I've woken up standing outside on my back porch. Another time I apparently went to my parents's room and told them I couldn't sleep (ironically) and had brought my covers down and I had apparently slept in their bed for a little bit and went back to my bed (top bunk) and woke up without my blanket and I was so confused.....

Gladly, I don't do that anymore. I'd rather not get locked out of my dorm room due to sleepwalking. Lol.

Postby galled » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:05 am

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:Gladly, I don't do that anymore. I'd rather not get locked out of my dorm room due to sleepwalking. Lol.

Yep, that would be awkward... and the stuff that would make for good fodder for a bad dream! :wink:

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:50 am

Especially since I wear a tank top and shorts for my pjs and I'm overweight. That would be embarrassing.

Postby galled » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:49 am

Heh, I wonder if sleeping naked would stop someone from sleepwalking! :)

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:54 am

uh, no.... and it wouldn't be embarrassing because true sleepwalkers don't remember sleep walking.

And Bassy, I dream about work, wake up and realize I have to put another 8 hours of work in...very exhausting, so I understand what you are saying

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Actually, while they don't consciously walk in their sleep, they can wake up at a place they know they didn't go to sleep at. Especially when you wake up in the act, so if I were to sleepwalk out of my dorm room wearing only a tank top and shorts and wake up out in the hallway, I would realize I was sleepwalking and get embarrassed. Like the time I woke up standing on my back porch. I didn't fall asleep standing up out there. I clearly walked there in my sleep. It just depends if you make it back to your bed before you wake up. And it's not like anyone put me there, because it's impossible to put a sleeping person somewhere standing up. They have to work their own muscles to stand up.

Fun Fact: Sleepwalking is apparently a behavior disorder that occurs mostly in kids and usually occurs when you're sleep deprived, ironically. VS Sleep talking is just abnormal and is a typed of parasomnia. LOL. So I was the one with the behavior disorder apparently, xD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:38 pm

Monkey: I don't think I have ever walked in my sleep but my younger brother did. He'd sometimes come out of bed, say something to us and go back to bed...then wouldn't remember it the next day. Fortunately he never wandered out of the house.

I have had conversations when I'm sleeping and then "woke up" because I realized I was actually dreaming and what I was talking about wasn't real.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:57 pm

No, I just sprawl in my bed and if a friend is sleeping over and sharing it, I kick them because GIVE ME ROOM
I've left bruises before

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Mousy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:10 pm

I've woken myself up sleeptalking a few times. XD I don't think I sleep talk as much as my husband does, but I do have another issue. I'm so very violent in my sleep. I have been ever since I was little. My sister refused to share a bed with me because I kick and hit. My husband and I have a huge bed because I kick, hit, and scratch him. He'll ask me if I have bruises on my hands when I wake up because I punch and scratch the walls too. I've woken myself up scratching walls. XD I had friends that would wake me up in the middle of the night because I would be hitting them.... It just comes with the territory I guess. I'm a terrible sleeper. :cry:

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:02 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:33 pm

Oh, wow lol. I was always afraid to wander beyond my back porch though. If I sleep walk onto the porch, who knows where I'll go next, lol. But that was also like over 10 years ago, soooo, yeah. I'm surprised I didn't wake anyone up when I walked out of the house because it's not like my backdoor is quiet.... But the strange thing about it is, I woke up just as my mom got home from work. She literally had just gotten out of her car and was walking up to the porch when I woke up to find myself standing there.

Next

Return to The Lounge