The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Chocolate Cravings?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Chocolate Cravings?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:17 pm

I don't know, I rarely eat nutella myself - not that I don't mind just a scoop of it once in awhile...I like the hazelnut and chocolate taste.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 3:34 pm

Postby Watery Star » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:55 am

I've only had nutella a couple times. I like it but don't want to keep any in my kitchen because it would be too tempting.

Prunes are a great source of potassium too! We get bananas most of the time but adding prunes to my diet really seemed to help me.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 5:34 pm

Postby galled » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:16 am

Of course there's always prune juice--a warrior's drink! ;)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby ciel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:03 pm

o_o i'm learning so many things... potassium is seriously important... LOL

regarding nutella, it's the kind of thing that i'll become addicted to if i haven't had it in a long time, but i get tired of it if i have it too regularly. my french teacher was the one to introduce me to it, before it was super popular stateside, and everyone in the classroom lost their minds over it haha. i wonder what caused it to blow up in popularity? i had never heard of it before, but then i started seeing nutella themed things popping up everywhere.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 2:34 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:12 pm

omg, save me, it's chocolate season!

Postby Watery Star » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:29 pm

I shouldn't of asked for peanut butter and chocolate ice cream, it's too tempting! I ate through a tub in two days! I spooned it out into a bowl today but I noticed I added more than I use to eat. ^^;

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:32 pm

I could do with some of that right now... guess its a good thing I don't have any in my freezer.

Postby Watery Star » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:44 pm

I'm fighting the urge to eat more.

Postby Gingerale » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:26 pm

I just had a hot mocha which on a cold day was great.

I am not sure if I have a favorite ice cream flavor, I like pretty well all flavors. In face I would be happy to just go to an ice cream shop and sample all the flavors, sorbets too!

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 2:34 pm

Postby Watery Star » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:34 am

Hot cocoa and a cold day is wonderful^^

I have the hardest time deciding what to get at the ice cream parlor. I love coffee ice cream a lot too but sometimes I'm in the mood for strawberry.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:20 am

My absolute favorite ice cream is Tiger which is a mixture of orange and Licorice ice creams and I have only ever been able to find it in Canada.

I should ask Doc Bernstein's ice cream parlor if they could make it since they make all their ice cream on site. I wonder how much they would charge for a special order? Or if they even do special orders? Maybe for a birthday party? I think it would be too hard to get the stuff to make it myself, or would it? That's what google is for - to check it out!

Postby Watery Star » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:21 pm

Orange like orange sherbet? Licorice ice cream is unique just by itself.
I've only had what I'd call a couple of unique kinds of ice cream. I've had pistachio and green tea flavored ice creams. I didn't like the pistachio and luckily a neighbor loved it so I was able to give the carton of ice cream to her. I had the green tea ice cream at a restaurant. It wasn't sweet at all and didn't really taste like a dessert but wasn't bad.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:58 pm

I like the green tea ice creams and I like the pistachio flavor ice cream but the nuts in it seem spongy so I spit them out if I can. I do like black walnut ice cream, the nuts seem to hold up better and I like maple walnut flavor. Actually, why do they ruin the texture of the ice cream by putting nuts in it?

Postby Watery Star » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:09 pm

I like nuts in ice cream but I can see it being better to just add your own. The pistachio ice cream I had didn't even have nuts in it. I had the last of my ice cream but the chocolate didn't have much flavor at the end :/

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:32 pm

I don't mind adding nuts on my own - like for a chocolate sundae or parfait but when they sit they just go soft like. Orange ice cream not sherbet with the licorice ice cream. However, I love to eat ice cream, especially when it sits for a little bit and starts to soften. I try not to try new flavors out from the store very often though in case I end up being the one who eats it all. <must restrain myself...>

I was so good today, I managed to stay away form the sweets and just had two halves of chocolates.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge