The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Random facts/myths!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Human facts/myths!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:33 pm

oh I did not know about tongue prints!

(We can keep fingerprint records - how do we make a tongue print to keep?)

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 10:10 pm

Postby Bassy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:51 pm

I wonder if tongue prints are like finger prints. Except the saliva. If its tracable to know who the person is.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 12:10 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:01 pm

it would probably be harder to copy then again not sure I would want to have to worry about people wanting my tongue <shudders>

Postby galled » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:13 pm

I can see it now... the newest in device security. First there was the passcode. Then the fingerprint. Then Facial recognition. Now the Tongue print! Just lick your device and you're in! Tired of swiping? Just lick the pay point at the grocery store or Starbucks and you're good to go! ;)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Mousy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:25 pm

Ewwww!
I almost gagged at the thought of licking the card swipe at a store!!!!
Ew
Ew
Ewwww!!!

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 11:10 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Re: Random facts/myths!

Postby Bassy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:52 pm

FACT: Scotland's national animal is the unicorn Source

Love it, seriously. I always picture the Lion as England, or dragons, because of reign. I love how Reign gives historical references and the characters are based on real people but a fictional plot line with references. "The Lion will fight the dragon on a field of Puppies." -Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots, TV Reign. They (France and Scotland whom are allies) are at war with England... The puppies is just that there were a lot of puppies and dogs around. I recommend this show, is also on Netflix and 1st season on DVD.

MYTH:Bees can only sting you once. source

This is true only in sense of honey bees. Honey bees have barbs at the end of their stingers that get caught in their target. Other bees have much smoother stingers where it's easy to pull out.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:41 pm

I find myths often have their source from truth - who's to say that there weren't horned horses at one time? They could have been wiped out for their horns... cows, deer, moose, sheep, goats, have horns. The average farm animals are dehorned when they are babies so you don't see horns on as many.

Postby Diana » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:15 pm

I believe unicorns are supposed to actually be goats, not horned horses; but someone will have to fact check me on that. I think horses were used in fantasy because they are majestic and beautiful, while goats are kiddish. ;)

Site Admin

Postby Bassy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:44 pm

"Is there a real unicorn?
Not exactly. The real-life “unicorn” recently discovered in Slovenia was actually a roe deer with a rare deformity that caused it to grow one horn in the middle of its forehead. The single horn was thought to be caused by an injury earlier in the deer's development, according to National Geographic."

I googled up some things about Unicorns, and this is a good theory about Unicorns. As you know, people lie, make up stories, etc. I think Unicorns are just a myth and I lookde up about Scotland liking the myth/legend of Unicorns and just used it as their animals. But this quote...deer??? Isn't it a horse with a horn?? Deer and Horse are two different animals.

"More likely, Indian rhinos, now-extinct wild ox, and Arabian oryx were combined to form the myth of the unicorn. Though, if you still think the unicorn is real, there is a place for you: Lake Superior State University in Sault Ste." -todayifoundout.com

Rhinos and an oryx?? There has to be a Horse mixed in down the line somehow...I think an Oryx looks like a cow more...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:36 pm

One day maybe someone will find a skeleton of a horned horse... which brings me to the topic of finding a dragon...I think they were just an evolved dinosaur. Whether they could fly...not sure but they have found "feathers" on dinosaurs now on archaeological digs so ...who knows...the truth could actually be at the bottom of the Ocean ...with Atlantis :grin_wink:

And they have been finding buried cities under water so it could just be a matter of time

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:25 pm

Don't we know more about the moon than we do our own oceans?

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Bassy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:00 am

Fact: If you type in 'Zerg Rush' in Google, Google will eat up the results
Myth: Obama is not American

Didn't everyone know that?? He is an American citizen. If he wasn't, he wouldn't not have been able to run for president in the first place. There was a lot of rumors about this back in 2008 and 2012.

I'm adding a new feature to ask you what you think about this statement and I'm gonna ask you if you think it is a fact or myth..

Fact/Myth: A woman's brain shrinks during pregnancy and takes 6 months to recover.

I was looking up facts and well, I saw this. I had to do more research about it and some say it does because people's memory acts up. But don't many people have memory problems? Are their brains a normal size? It's a question basically unanswered.

Postby Diana » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:12 am

Hrm... for the last one there, I'm going to guess MYTH!
We learned in school that brains don't grow back so easy (or like at all), so I don't think it'd be right to have brains shrink and regrow after each pregnancy; now the hormone levels are a totally different thing that could cause memory issues...

Site Admin

Postby galled » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:03 pm

I don't know about having kids, but I think raising kids gives the parents permanent brain damage! ;)

Server Administrator

Postby Bassy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:46 pm

Fact: Cats sleep 70% of their lives...

Well.... life of a cat!

Myth: Ostriches stick their heads in the ground when scared

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge