The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

I shouldn't be awake...

Moderator: Ryvvi

I shouldn't be awake...

Postby SkydivingNude » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:56 am

Omf, you know I'm up late when I notice my avatar's hand is referencing the Arthur's fist meme.
I shouldn't sleep late :tongue:

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 2:36 pm

Re: I shouldn't be awake...

Postby Diana » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:48 am

what is the arthurs first meme? like arthur the aardvark?

Every time I log in I see you online haha. Do you ever sleep? ;D

Site Admin

Postby Balcan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:06 am

Drink enough alcohol, that'll put you out.

Something that does help is avoiding electronics before going to sleep. If you're bored, read a book (real book, not eBook or pdf).

I have to take sleep meds now.

Postby SkydivingNude » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:56 am

Diana wrote:what is the arthurs first meme? like arthur the aardvark?

Every time I log in I see you online haha. Do you ever sleep? ;D

I dooo for like five hours on weekdays x,D I just never log out, always had that bad habit :cheer:

Postby SkydivingNude » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:58 am

Balcan wrote:Drink enough alcohol, that'll put you out.

Something that does help is avoiding electronics before going to sleep. If you're bored, read a book (real book, not eBook or pdf).

I always was iffy about sleep meds
I usually just lay in the dark until I eventually knock out, usually works for me

Postby Balcan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:44 pm

SkydivingNude wrote:

I usually just lay in the dark until I eventually knock out, usually works for me

I felt the same way until I was fully awake yet still tired for 3-4 entire days at a time. Exercise is helpful (not at nighttime obviously), certain teas (valerian root is one of the best), and try not to exert/excite yourself. Once again, if you're trying to fall asleep, avoid electronics - going here and posting about it will not help you.

Postby SkydivingNude » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:15 pm

Balcan wrote:
SkydivingNude wrote:

I felt the same way until I was fully awake yet still tired for 3-4 entire days at a time. Exercise is helpful (not at nighttime obviously), certain teas (valerian root is one of the best), and try not to exert/excite yourself. Once again, if you're trying to fall asleep, avoid electronics - going here and posting about it will not help you.

Thanks I'll be sure to keep the electronics in mind
As well as trying the teas

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Seriously check out: http://sleepcalculator.com/

The idea is that you can sleep less and feel energized if you complete your sleep cycles. You can sleep more and not feel energized if you wake up before your sleep cycle has completed. I do wake up throughout the night but it does seem like it is as I am completing a sleep cycle. Then if the alarm blasts me awake I feel groggy for the day. The most difficult part is going to sleep at the time they recommend to wake up at the time the alarm is set for.

I think there is a sleep app for your phone that will tell when you are coming to the end of your sleep cycle and gently wake you. Technology has to be good for somethings!

Postby SkydivingNude » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Seriously check out: http://sleepcalculator.com/

The idea is that you can sleep less and feel energized if you complete your sleep cycles. You can sleep more and not feel energized if you wake up before your sleep cycle has completed. I do wake up throughout the night but it does seem like it is as I am completing a sleep cycle. Then if the alarm blasts me awake I feel groggy for the day. The most difficult part is going to sleep at the time they recommend to wake up at the time the alarm is set for.

I think there is a sleep app for your phone that will tell when you are coming to the end of your sleep cycle and gently wake you. Technology has to be good for somethings!

This is actually really useful oml!
I am always trying to predict what amount of hours is best for me but I have never succeeded on resolving it

Return to The Lounge