The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

A Haunting

Moderator: Ryvvi

A Haunting

Postby Bassy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:09 am

This is to discuss haunted places and interesting facts about these places.
* I will talk about video's on YouTube. I do not know if anyone believes in spirits/ghosts but I still like paranormal things, *
Here are some stories in my hometown that have been known to be haunted:

The first one is about the Anderson Hotel. My town is moving towards the modern age from a Western town. I have seen photos of what it used to look like. Dirt roads, horses, and a very western feel. There is an old hotel in the middle of town that is supposedly haunted with violent ghosts. I was reading an article and a youtube video about the Anderson Hotel. It holds many spirits that are violent, that would leave burning bite marks on people and pull people's hair when people come to visit. There is a bakery that people go to underneath say they can feel their hair getting pulled. I don't know much of the story about any deaths except one that committed suicide, which I think was a woman. Each room had a stick, some had carved out handles, some didn't. The creator of the town's annual Ghost Walk gave a little tour of the hotel. He also found some type of wooden tablet that had some strange writing that may be in a different language. No one knows really what it is. I hear some say it's a way to rid the plague of spirits that roam the building.

The next one is close to the Anderson Hotel but is actually referred to as a mansion. Now, no one lives in the home. The T.B. Ripy house (Mansion) was built in 1888 by the man himself, T.B. Ripy. It consists of 50 rooms and is filled with many spirits and T.B. Ripy himself, which sources from Paranormal Quest on youtube. They even talk to the great-great-grandson who owns the mansion. Ripy was also a rich man, who collected his money from a very popular industry of bourbon. The distillery is right by the lake and many visitors come to tour the place, it is called Four Roses. Before Four Roses was called that, the bourbon was called, Joe's Bourbon. Though I don't know where Joe comes from. It could be a personal name that Ripy knows. When the prohibition happened, there were a lot of crimes in the town, people were stealing all the types of alcohol. That's when it was the most difficult for the Ripy family. For the ghostly encounters, there were less angry spirits where the house is not locked up for good (the anderson hotel was locked up because of the dangerous ghosts). There has been tours of the home and I never got the chance to go in. I would've loved to take a tour in there. There was a doll that the Ripy family owned. It is headless and no feet or hands, just the body, and the crew put an equipment on it that beeps when there is movement. There was someone right overtop of the doll, most likely touching it. When one of the investigators went closer to the doll, it stopped. There was also sounds of knocking, stomping, when the crew left for a while and left the camera's on. And in one part you could see a mist of a possible ghost float by (This could be a camera defaulty because when I was in elementary school, one of the teachers took a pic of a guy and there was a white dot or something that people thought it was a ghost... but I was a kid lol.)

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 9:36 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: A Haunting

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:33 am

The owners of the Anderson Hotel also won't allow paranormal investigators in there anymore because of how violent the ghosts are. Though you could argue there are places where things just as bad or worse are still open to paranormal investigations, but for the owners, it was so bad they wouldn't allow that anymore.

Postby Buschbabe-252 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:35 pm

I am a paranormal investigator and would LOVE to chat with you

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:54 pm

living in Kentucky you probably have a lot of sorrowful souls from the past

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 7:36 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:56 pm

I want to go to the Waverly Hills Sanatorium, though. The overnight tour :O I have to... I need to. +o+

Postby Bassy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:36 pm

I think Ohio has more things haunted than any other. The Prospect Place also known as Trinway Mansion is a 29-room mansion built by abolitionist George Willison Adams in Trinway, Ohio, in 1856. George was a good friend of Abe Lincoln. Rumor has it that Lincoln would party in the mansion. Even theorized that there has been a cult in the ballroom as well (parties also held in ballroom) since there was a strange cross painted on the wall.

Another was the Gill House in Galion, Ohio. The Gill House was constructed in the 1902-1904 period for Bloomer and Nellie Gill. This was creepy because there were violent spirits in the home. Thomas Edison has married Mina Miller, who was Nellie Stewart (Gill) best friend. Nellie's eldest daughter is named Mina after Mina Miller. Also, Henry Ford (first driver and Ford brand vehicles) was a close friend of Bloomer. Interesting facts from this one.

---

I wish I knew more information about The Anderson Hotel, who and why did this person committ suicide, what were the everyday problems, why or how did it shut down, or when.

Postby Cloudy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:10 pm

lol the only ghosts we have in the DMV area are civil war soldiers, random ghosts in apartments, and a supposed black cat ghost that appears in the Capitol Building.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 10:36 pm

Check these out!
VOCALOID Cosplay & Chat

Stay chill

Postby Bassy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:28 pm

I knew black cats were suspicious... lol. I wonder if I was asked to go inside a haunted house if I would. I would need someone with me lol. If I get possessed, I mean.... I will be scared haha. But that's the movies.
--

So at my University, there is a ghost in my dorm room. My roommate says his name is Bob, but I don't know if that's his real name. He lived in the dorm in the 50's and he has hung himself in the closet because his girlfriend broke up with him. That's just sad. A love story gone wrong. He would've been able to find someone better than her. A popular one is the blue lady, but that's just a nickname. No one really knows her real name. She was a theater major who hung around the bell tower of Keene Johnson. Someone reported that they saw a lady wearing a blue dress around the bell tower. Story says she committed suicide.Just sometime last year, a guy was found dead in his dorm room. Some say it was a drug overdose but no one really knows for sure, They never really released it. So many suicides....

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:35 am

There's supposedly a ghost dog that wanders on campus, too. Lol. I've read like all the ghost stories for the university.

Return to The Lounge