The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

I feel like Something is missing.

Moderator: Ryvvi

I feel like Something is missing.

Postby Boris » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:11 pm

I do not know what it is, but something feels... off. How do you feel not off? How do you find out what you are forgetting? I am in an p on one site, but not on here. Am I doing something wrong? I... do not know... something feels out of place. I browsed some forums, but they did not help make me feel right again.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 3:30 pm

Re: I feel like Something is missing.

Postby Gingerale » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm not sure what you mean... what do you think you are doing wrong? what are you seeking? are you wanting more in depth conversations? to be entertained more? Is there something you would like to see on the site that is on other sites you are on? Are you looking for certain items?

Postby Boris » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:21 pm

I can not really say since even I do not know what I seek. I just feel... like there is something missing or not quite right. I am not sure if what I feel is related to this site or not. It is hard to explain, but I feel like something is missing.

Postby Gingerale » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:30 pm

I don't know if you are referring to the site missing something or your real life.

[+] SPOILER
In real life when I feel something is "off", it is usually something a kin to a premonition that something is going to happen, so I ask God who can I pray for...so I was feeling that the last few days ( you could call it a disturbance in the spirit) and today a friend who had just returned from a trip told me her Mother will be dying very soon and she was leaving today to go visit her. Coincidental? Not to me.

I don't know if that is what you mean. But I find people with the gift of empathy often "feel" when things are not quite right. Too philosophical? Too "religious" for you?

Postby galled » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:16 pm

Well, if it's site related, Windlyn is incomplete. Diana has many neat things in mind to bring to us, but she's working and going to school full time--only so many hours in a day. Perhaps that's it?

Server Administrator

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:30 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Boris » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Gingerale wrote:I don't know if you are referring to the site missing something or your real life.

[+] SPOILER
In real life when I feel something is "off", it is usually something a kin to a premonition that something is going to happen, so I ask God who can I pray for...so I was feeling that the last few days ( you could call it a disturbance in the spirit) and today a friend who had just returned from a trip told me her Mother will be dying very soon and she was leaving today to go visit her. Coincidental? Not to me.

I don't know if that is what you mean. But I find people with the gift of empathy often "feel" when things are not quite right. Too philosophical? Too "religious" for you?

I don't think that's too philosophical or religious for me. Perhaps someone is sick or dying soon, but it might just be me being... weird. I don't remember feeling this way and someone being sick or getting hurt, but maybe we'll see.

I can't say if it's the site or real life, I'm afraid.

galled Well, it is still in beta, but, that might not be it, but it is possible it is. I just hope nothing bad happens or that I'm not going crazy. I wish I knew why I feel like this.

Postby galled » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:52 pm

Are you chicken-claustrophobic? I can see from your avi, you could be! :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:30 pm

Postby Boris » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:02 am

Jokingly, yes. Seriously, no. I love chickies and I wanna hug them.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:16 am

All I can think of is activity. Windlyn's slower than most, pretty relaxing of a pace
It's also mostly grey, which isn't as busy as other sites
Not many mods, but unless I miss it, we don't really need them 98% of the time
The one time I do it was cuz the site got an influx of users from a much nastier site that I'm also on and I spent my time on that site trying to calm everyone down cuz the server could not handle new user slam and whatever update that was ongoing at the time cuz OP had gotten off for the night and so I was the only one trying to get dozens of people to calm down and stop attempting to make accounts it even tells you not to do that you'll get banned
And then people complained about that because they couldn't be bothered to read -.-"
Fortunately, most have left this site, back to the other

But yeah, color and activity levels are all I can think of

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 6:30 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Boris » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:42 am

Okay, off topic, but uh... am I on that site... if it is the site I am thinking of, I am Poultry and guy10 there. I only have this one account too.

Anyways, I think maybe felt like something is off because of the wind blowing in through my window.

Postby Gingerale » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:57 am

I believe the grey color background on a computer is less physically straining on the eye then a white background which can become glaring and cause eye strain. It is also more complimentary to certain color hues as well. For people with dyslexia or other eye problems certain color hues can be very beneficial.

<chuckles> Has it been hot where you are that the window is open or did something "funny" come floating in through your window? How appropriate you should join here when we have the chicken items that came out!

Kitalpha - awesome you were watching out for Windlyn!

Postby Boris » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:03 am

It's been hot where I am, so I have my bedroom Window open, but I don't like it open. I feel much better today.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:16 am

Maybe?

If you feel better now, then it was your window being open that made you feel off

Postby Gingerale » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:30 am

I'm glad you are feeling better! When its hot here I like to go where there is air conditioning...fortunately that's not too often - where the temp is hotter then what a fan can fix.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:52 am

Must be nice, being able to do that

Next

Return to The Lounge