The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

What is everyone craving right now?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: What is everyone craving right now?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:23 am

ugh I was craving salty and sweet and so had some peppermint chocolate covered pretzels to eat - which are good but I can't eat more then a couple any more at once.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 10:52 pm

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:55 am

Chocolate
I've got a bunch coming tho
Some sort of super melty in your mouth kind (I think. Idk I saw chocolate and added to cart lol)
Double layer pocky. Yes. They dip them in a second time
Wine Pocky. To go with red wine. Mom has red wine
Now if they make a sake one...

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 12:52 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Gingerale » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:38 pm

I didn't know they make a wine pocky, is it a red wine flavor like merlot?

I'm craving a piece of sponge cake with whipped cream.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 9:52 pm

Postby Aly » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:17 am

Vegetable Gyozas... and/or strawberry yogurt -//u//-

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 3:52 pm

Questing:
Petting Zoo, Shy, Featherfriends, Chickieclump & other chicken items!

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:43 pm

I tend to have an addictive personality, so I have phases where I only want to eat one thing for months. Right now, it's a stupid Veggie Delight from Subway. Provolone, spinach, lettuce, onions, cukes, pickles with a ton of that Subway Vinaigrette on Italian bread.
Why? No one knows...not even me.

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 1:52 am

Veni Vidi Vici
ΔS

Postby Valentine Strange » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:37 pm

I'm craving...
stuff I cannot have. This is what happens when you have Crohn's. You can't eat what you used to be able to eat, and what you used to be able to eat is what you want constantly.
The list is way too long to put on here.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 pm

Shamus...at least is sounds nutritious.

Valentine - there are a lot of delicious gluten free products out there which you may be able to eat. The stores around here have quite a few options. I've been doing a low carb diet lately and I have noticed a difference when I over indulge in carbs and sweets...I get the cramping, nausea and gas pain etc. I haven't been tested for crohn's or UC or IBS but my family has problems with foods. There are many foods I like but that don't like me. We have a few members who have to watch what they eat. It's shocking how destructive our bodies can be when all we are trying to do is feed it.

Postby Valentine Strange » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:09 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
It's mainly things like coffee, chocolate, and *cough* alcohol. I already knew coffee could cause inflammation, but didn't really know chocolate could. And I'm not going to lie, I like a good Moscato and tipsy cherries.
There a very few places where I live that cater to people with special dietary needs. So far only two places seem to have actual gluten free options as in absolutely no cross contamination. The Super Target near me does sell Udi's, which is the gluten free brand, but it is expensive if you do not have coupons. That's mainly the problem with gluten free items, they can get really expensive.
I've been fiddling around though with recipes and seeing if I can make them gluten free.

I am all too familiar with the phrase "there are many foods I like that don't like me."

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Lemon: True.

Valentine: Caffeine can irritate the bowels. I have severe IBS and the doctor told me to limit my caffeine intake to try to help it. It's helped a bit. Chocolate has caffeine in it, which I only remember because I have 11 kids from 8 pregnancies and each time, the baby's mother was told things with caffeine to avoid. Chocolate was one.

I am lactose intolerant and if milk makes you feel icky (I don't know for sure but I thought I would put this out there) try taking lactose supplements or if you'd rather not, goats milk is easy for lactose sensitive people to digest rather than cows milk. I can handle it, so that's saying something. But it's expensive.

Postby Valentine Strange » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Shamrock Shamus
Hmm, true. I was thinking more along the lines of dark chocolate since it's mainly cocoa and doesn't have all that added sugar that is really bad for you. Plus it's heart healthy. (But since it's mainly cocoa it probably has the most caffeine.)

Milk in general actually is bad. There are surprisingly a lot of studies. Also you get more lactose intolerant the older you get because technically you only need milk when you are a baby. I like chocolate goats milk, but not plain. (I don't know why I can't stand the taste unless it's mixed with something.) I've always had some issues with dairy, but goats milk didn't seem to cause it act up. But now I'm afraid to get it after finding out what the do to it during the pasteurization process. (It's kind of gross.) I drink almond milk now as a milk substitute and it tastes fine.

My gastroenterologist said I need more protein... Apparently it helps with Crohn's. But when I think protein I think steak and steak can get expensive. I need cheaper options especially because I don't have an income anymore.
... Now I'm craving steak.

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:16 pm

True.

I really don't care what they do to my food or what it is. You're talking to someone who likes haggis, black pudding and crubeens. ; ) If it tastes good, I will eat/drink it. I don't like plain milk either unless I am eating sweets...which is almost never because I don't really enjoy sweets. I really have to be in the mood for sweets. Although, there are a few sweet things that I can't resist. I can't have almond milk. I'm extremely allergic to tree nuts. My lactose intolerance is so bad that even putting butter on something like toast causes me problems. I have to buy lactose free butter.

Grilled chicken is great for protein. 4 ounces of grilled chicken contains 36 grams of protein. Men need 56 and women need 46, so it's a good source and cheaper than steak. I don't know if you like chicken or not though. Mmmm steak.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:25 am

Oh, if I drink wine I like the sweet ones too!

What I worry about is how destructive to the intestines food allergies/sensitivities can be. Someone I know has has such severe UCP - Ulcerative Colitis Pancolitis(12 to 15 BM's of blood a day, hospitalized 3 times) that the Doctor has sent them to a surgeon to discuss cutting out the colon. He had to go off dairy and sulfur foods.He can't do chicken.

Goats milk does help some and you can get the cream taken out. I don't like dairy much but I do love ice cream.

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:44 am

I can't drink much milk anyway. I am only allowed four cups of liquids a day, including soup and foods that become liquids when they heat up like ice cream or Italian ice. So I don't drink enough milk to really worry. Lactaid pills usually do the trick.
I have no idea what you mean by UCP. I don't get acronyms even if I know what it the subject is, if you use an acronym I don't understand your reference.

Postby Valentine Strange » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:55 pm

I had a moment of weakness and ate a danish... I did get an anti-inflammatory smoothie though from this health foods cafe and it seemed to help. It was also pretty inexpensive so I might go there again sometime to get another smoothie. The danish did satisfy my craving though...

Shamrock Shamus
I think part of it stands for Ulcerative Colitis. I'm not sure about the "P". I'm not good with acronyms either, but I know a lot of medical ones.

I've always wanted to try haggis and blood pudding actually. I just don't like things with additives, preservatives, or that have been chemically altered some how. I actually have sensitivities to most preservatives and additives. I can't have crubeens anyways because it is deep fried, but I also draw the line at feet. I eat bangers and mash and people gave me weird looks about that. Someone mentioned intestines being in it and I just shrugged. It tastes good.
I have a weakness for sweets.
Yipes, that's not good. :(

I like chicken and it's safe for people with Crohn's to eat. It just dries out fast when I make. Any tips on keeping it moist?

Lemon Cheesecake
Sweet wines are the best.

Yeah, I've always had sensitivities even before being diagnosed with Crohn's. I have an ulcer about the size of a ping pong ball. They found it doing one of the tests and think it was caused by a combination of stress and some of my sensitivities. And my Crohn's isn't really helping with it healing up.

Yikes! o_o I know you can live without certain organs, but that still sounds terrifying.

Postby galled » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 pm

My dad had a bleeding ulcer and almost died from it. So please be vigilant!

On a more positive note, I recall that the most common ulcers are caused by a gut bacteria and can be cured with some pills. It takes a few weeks of medicine, but it actually cures them. You might ask your doctor about this treatment.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz