The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Revisiting Old Sites [Buildabearville shut down???!]

Moderator: Ryvvi

Revisiting Old Sites [Buildabearville shut down???!]

Postby Bassy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:20 am

The site I grew up on the most, has shutdown. I am not with the times I guess. I was trying to revisit and well... it's gone. Like into the abyss. I still remember my username and password. TraceyQueenBear2, you will be missed, and Isabella, I still have you in my closet. Isabella, my blue polka dotted, white bear. I wanted to see how it changed.

When I first started, it was highly populated, didn't have any online friends on there, really. I was on a solo adventure. I would be on with my brother, I remember. Then I revisited so many years later and there wasn't a lot of kids on anymore. That's probably what happened. Sad to hear for me.

Any kids websites that you guys miss?

I remember millsberry very vaguely, but that is shut down. I also remember Poptropica, which I think is still up?

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 10:14 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: Revisiting Old Sites [Buildabearville shut down???!]

Postby Diana » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:28 am

My sister played Poptropica, I never heard of the other ones you mentioned.

My ultimate favourite web game was Disney's virtual magic kingdom. But it is gone now. :'( It closed so suddenly and I have no idea why. It looks like they closed most of their online worlds now. I think clubpenguin shut down recently?

Site Admin

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:14 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:43 am

Yeah, club penguin was shut down some time ago

Oh my word Poptropica, if that's what i think it is...

I was terrible at millsberry XD

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Bassy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:39 pm

Like I don't remember it but it seems soo familiar. I made an account then it shut down. I was just revisiting. I had no idea what my username or password was though.

Postby Ryvvi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Crysandrea is the main one i can think of that closed that i visited

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 2:14 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Niyo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:20 am

SeaPals was a virtual pet/plush finger puppet thing I loved when I was younger. I have all of the plushies..

Shame the site closed down.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 7:14 am

Postby murmurlade » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Meetoto, a chinese/malay/english singing site. ^Q^
Closed down when I was a kid..

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 11:14 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:05 pm

This isn't so much from when I was little and I have mentioned it before, but I loved this site so much I decided to mention it.

Tinierme.

Postby Watery Star » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:49 am

I mostly stuck to Yahoo and Gaia when I was a teen. There was this site, can't remember the name, that had journals and quiz's. It was before livejournal. I used it in middle school to communicate with my best friends, one of which had moved away. It was short lived though.

A lot of sites aimed at kids didn't seem to come around til I felt too old for them. Jeez I remember when the best site we could think to go to during free time in school was the original Hamster Dance.

Postby okios » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Kitalpha Hart wrote:I was terrible at millsberry XD
omg I completely forgot about Millsberry. I vaguely remember having a love-hate relationship with it.
Anyone remember the BIONICLE flash games? I remember wasting my youth collecting cowrie shells on dial-up.
BattleOn, Homestar Runner, and Runescape are still up doe! \o/

also, a bunch of avatar sites I used to go on closed now that I look back on it. :'^(
[+] SPOILER
Celainia
VarusOnline
Crysandrea
Maltea (?) with an admin named Twig? it had cute pixel battle system, but shut down due to server costs i think.
lilifactory
myrufflesrpgworld
royalcreed(?) - all i remember is that it didn't last very long.
rhellos - same as the above.
kinsaki
soliaonline (made an annoucnement they're shutting down to make way for solia v2 on sept. 7, but....)
chibidoll (is still up, but the event games all have broken photobucket images, and it seems inactive overall).
CaecusRealm (same situation as chibidoll)
Terrasus - lol.
Lunaesaga (?) -it had the same style as Terrasus iirc
Kinsaki
Midorea- (i am not sure if this is dead or not. site is live, but all the forums/things i'm familiar with are gone. are they working on a second version of themslves?)
YourEos
Chloria
ERNYA. RIP.

@Watery Star: Was it Xanga?

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 9:14 am

https://i.imgur.com/paQOna3.png?1http://i.imgur.com/2Ka0iwp.png

Postby Sans » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:07 pm

Yeah, I noticed Buildabearville was down because even in my old age I buy build a bears and print out their birth certificates. They stopped coming with a code so I knew it went down. Plus with the recent news from a while back that club penguin is also done for my childhood games are gone... I remember I also played moshi monsters that I think is up? There was another last one that you played as an animal and walked around besides webkinz (still up and now you can get your first one for free?! back in my day.....) and neopets that I played that I cannot remember the name of but I played constantly that is probably down. For some reason I think it was run by Nicktoons....? But It wasn't based on a cartoon similar to Club Penguin was. You could get costumes and dye for your avatar and it's probably down.

:L_Wing: Wishlist | they/them | Ducky :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Neopets is still up! Club Penguin unfortunately didn't last. All the other cute ones are gone - I away's had fun gathering seeds and flowers from Disney fairies....

Postby Sans » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I away's had fun gathering seeds and flowers from Disney fairies....

Omg! I forgot about that one!! Awww, I miss it now too! It was so cute...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:27 pm

and the scenery was so beautiful!

Return to The Lounge