The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Gaming

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Gaming

Postby Silverfire » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:23 pm

That game is playable art and I feel slightly sad that it wasn't loved so much by a lot of people ;;

I also feel bad that the Wii version turned off a lot of people because of the 450p quality (PS2 was 720p fyi). But I can't wait for the HD version to download so I can spend all day tomorrow playing it after waking up from my passed out state I will be in because I am sitting up to watch it download.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 6:19 am

Postby MystMist » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:21 am

Well wii always looked like crap compared to the other consoles, but some games for wii are actually quite good looking. Just a few tho

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 1:19 pm

Postby Silverfire » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:48 am

Yeah, I agree.

I also lied. A online petsite game just released a new breed and old familiars and now I must fulfill my need of owning them.

Postby Foffle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:46 am

OWN ALL THE THINGS

What to play toooooday? *rolls around and then just ends up sleeping*

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 12:19 pm

Postby Silverfire » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:51 am

Foffle wrote:OWN ALL THE THINGS

What to play toooooday? *rolls around and then just ends up sleeping*

IF THE SITE WOULD STOP CRASHING.

Sigh. Ah well just wait a bit. It lasts two weeks, there will be time.

Postby Foffle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:53 am

Silverfire wrote:IF THE SITE WOULD STOP CRASHING.

Sigh. Ah well just wait a bit. It lasts two weeks, there will be time.

Yeah, at least it's not as short as the turkey event. Guh

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 12:19 pm

Postby Silverfire » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:56 am

Yup. I really hope they extend it a bit though but I don't see it being laggy for no more than a day or two tbh. Things will die down soon. But for now to do other things xD

Postby MystMist » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:01 pm

I'm not having any problem with the site anymore, well almost. Sometime it might get stuck after i post but the post is posted.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 1:19 pm

Postby BinaryDelusions » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:25 am

MY PEOPLE. //smacked
I've been addicted to Fantasy Life for the last few weeks but now I'm kinda in a gamer's crash. Like I wanna play something but at the same time I'm like bleeeeehhh at everything. I started up a bunch of harvest moon games but that's as far as I went. And I keep saying I should actually beat a LoZ game but still never happened.

So I restarted my Tomodachi Life file I haven't touched in months to keep me from boredom.

Also is it just me or are the steam sales this year kinda... bland? Maybe its cause I've bought a lot of the things I saw on the sale that I liked. lD

Postby Turtle Sensei » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:34 am

I mainly play on my tablet at the moment! Been playing Inotia by Com2Us

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 4:19 am

Postby ciel » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:00 pm

i enjoy games, but i take forever to finish them, if at all. ;__; i think i would be classified as a 'casual'.

my favorites are rpg and open-world types like others in the thread have mentioned.
my brother gave me fallout 3 for christmas, so i think i'll try that today :3 apparently it's like the elder scrolls but with guns (?)

i also really love older titles (retro?), specifically snes. i think my favorite game is yoshi's island. LOL i have emulators on my phone and psp, and have been playing ff6 and earthbound/mother2.

i wanted to go through and beat all the ff in order, but then i skipped 1 and 2 because they don't really have much story and started with the remake of 3 for the ds. but in the end i'm stuck on a 6+ hour quicksave before the final boss, and i'm too afraid of dying and losing all that progress. LOL just grinding the mobs in eureka forever.

i've also been working on a game myself. i originally intended to use rpgmaker, but didn't want to be limited, and after researching gamemaker studio it seems possible since i already have experience with c programming. it's still very much in the planning stages but i've got the sprite run/jump/attack animations and some textures and building materials :3

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 3:19 am

Postby BinaryDelusions » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:41 pm

I used to play rpgs a lot, but it was less me actually enjoying them and more ALL MY FRIENDS PLAY THESE GAMES SO I SHOULD TOO.

after i graduated i tried some other types of games and well... i think pokemon might be the only rpg i play now. lD

elder scrolls with guns... so apparently a big world to explore and you have a buttload of sidequests you can do or can go straight through the main story but if you do that you miss some awesome stuff. and if you accidentally kill someone quest relevant you're out of luck. lD

snes, gb/gbc, and gba i still love to this very day. lD

I use rpgmaker vx ace myself because i don't really know that much about coding or properly fixing animations... or drawing. //smacked

I've been rather slow with it though. lD

Postby ciel » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:39 pm

BinaryDelusions wrote:I used to play rpgs a lot

i used to be into mmos but i never actually interacted with anyone LOL

pokemon was really fun for me until i found out about ev/iv stat points and natures... then it became breeding/resetting hell LOL
i don't even play competitively or anything like that, but if the option exists for something better.. i'll always be unsatisfied

LOL yeah basically, they're both by bethesda :3 my favorite thing to do in games is explore so i really had a lot of fun with skyrim.

cool! [regarding vx ace] have you completed anything? or are working on any projects?
i didn't realize how difficult it is to write dialogue LOL it's one thing to plan the story out, but then to think of all the little interactions between npcs and how they should come across is another

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 3:19 am

Postby BinaryDelusions » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:23 am

I didn't have internet access at home until i started college so mmos were never a big part of my life. i've tried a few out and its just like OH GOD OTHER PEOPLE and then i just leave. lD
I'm not a social gamer. lD

i never cared about iv/ev and natures. mainly cause i'm lucky to beat the game before getting bored and moving on. lD

i haven't completed any projects but i have one i'm working on. but by that i mean i'll work on it for a bit, get stuck, get angry at myself and then just delete the whole thing in rage.
luckily there's a cloud saver thing attached so even if i do delete it from in the game its safe there. ouo;

I actually used to own rpgmaker 2000 on the psone and i did a ton of mapping and stuff on there, but because you had to use the psone memory cards, by the time i got done actually making maps, items and characters i ran out of room for everything else. ouo;

and yeah you'd think dialouge would be easy but its not cause you have to make sure it connects to the game itself and isn't just the same old text for everyone and just asdfghjkl. God help you if you give a bunch of characters multiple dialouge entries. xD

Postby Zombie Bunny » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:29 am

Anyone played Transistor? I'm almost done with it but it's sooooo gooood 8U. The art alone is great.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 4:19 am

Image Image Image

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge