The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Gaming

Moderator: Ryvvi

Gaming

Postby Vinnie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Are you a gamer? What kind of games do you like? Shooter, RPG, Puzzle, etc...

I myself am a RPG lover. In fact I don't really like shooters much at all since they all seem to be clones of each other. (CoD?)

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 5:46 am

male avatar ufufufu

Re: Gaming

Postby Diana » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:59 pm

I like puzzle games the best. But I also like VN and point and click story games (like myst, not samorost. that sucked.)

To me shooters are all the same-- pewpewpew bangbangbang pewpew. It's just boring. : I like shooter-rpg mixes like borderlands though.

Site Admin

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 11:46 am

Postby MystMist » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:54 pm

I love most games but i like JRPG games and Academagia the most

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 8:46 pm

Postby Lime » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Oh man, games games games!

I'm actually in school currently for video game design.. Lmao. I like them.. Too much.

I personally like all kinds. Open-world RPGs are my FAVOURITE though (Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Fable, Fallout, Reckoning (even if that one was meh), etc.). I really like VN games, FPS', puzzle games, racing games, fighting games.. Really anything. I don't think there's a type of game I actually DON'T like, lmao.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 2:46 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby MystMist » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:16 am

So you are waiting on the next dragon age game then?
And the fable games aren't all that open world in my opinion

VN?

Postby Vinnie » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:13 am

Yeah Fable are a bit too linear to be true 'open world'... Though I guess in the sense that you can be an evil jerk or a goody-two shoes..

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 5:46 am

Postby MystMist » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:45 am

the evil good choice xP
Neutral always suck
What game was the evil/good choice first introduced?
And i mean where there is more than one big choice.

Postby Lime » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:07 am

Uhh, well I consider Fable open-world. It kind of is, technically. You can run around and do a bunch of extra things in random orders (mostly). So it counts. ;)

VN is visual novel. I'm addicted to those too. :CC My favourites are the Zero Escape games, Hotel Dusk.. Uh. A few others. <3

Also! I'm pretty sure it was Ultima IV which was the first game to incorporate morality as part of it (like what Fable does). I should actually know this, considering this was just part of my course a couple weeks ago.. :(

Postby TheCakeBoss » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:16 am

I'm a pretty big fan of RPGs and strategy games myself, Fire Emblem especially. Also, I know that saying this is kinda taboo on the internet, but I'm actually kind of a fan of Call Of Duty as well. It's the kind of game. Pop in whenever I'm just in the mood for some mindless fun.

Also, speaking of Zero Escape, I just beat 999 a few days ago. It was soooo good.

alsotheemdingwassuperheartwarming

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 1:46 pm

Postby MystMist » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:53 am

Never played the ultima games the controls werent right for me

Postby Lime » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:12 pm

Nah, I get how you feel. People diss it pretty hardcore, but I can't have the heart to hate on it. :( I liked those games a long time ago (I'm more of a Battlefield person though, either or I guess..) but being semi in the industry and working with people who are from it, it's just.. Bleh. I have a hard time hating on things when I see all these people with jobs, who LOVE their jobs, working on games that people hate on. Doesn't mean I'm gonna buy it or go out and play it, but. Lmao. I just feel a little more for them now that I see how hard they work. To be fair, I still don't like the game THAT much, and if it really is shit, I'll definitely throw some hate around (SIMS 4 I'M LOOKING AT YOU), but at the same time.. The CoD games aren't actually.. Bad? Like, they make tons of money, the game mechanics are beautiful, graphics are super fancy and nice, etc. But anyways, I'm just rambling now.. Lol.

Postby MystMist » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:14 pm

What does everyone think about the Theif games?

Postby Lime » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:15 pm

I actually haven't played the Thief games.. I know I should get around to it, but I just never did. :(

They're stealth games right? Or I'd assume so. My favourite stealth game was Tenchu Z. Amg, I played that game waaaay too much!

Postby MystMist » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Yes they are stealth games and it's pretty fun too
Played two old ones and the newest one and they were awesome.

Tenchu Z looks like it have a lot more killing and fighting in it than Thief from what i see in the screenshots.

Postby Lime » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:24 pm

Yeah, Tenchu Z was stealth & assassinate. Haha. It was impossible to go through the game without killing anyone, because it's all about being an assassin, essentially. Well, ninja. Yeah. It was fantastic. I was too good at it. D: I had 100%'d the game.

Next

Return to The Lounge