The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Movie Mayhem!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Movie Mayhem!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 pm

Fifth element, Galaxy Quest, Stargate, Star Wars, are ones I have watched over and over and over

Can't think of any recently.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 3:26 am

Postby galled » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:11 am

I wasn't really impressed with EAT PRAY LOVE either. Looked great, but I think the main character was too self-centered/selfish to be likable IMHO.

The other movies are classic check flicks! I get where your mom is at. :)

I watch a lot of old and old-ish movies over and over. I find it hard to find new ones that I'd like to watch again let alone multiple times. Kinda sad actually...

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Watery Star » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:22 am

Lemon - I've seen all of those a few times except Stargate. I think I've only watched it twice.
I still haven't seen Revenge of the Sith but I've seen the rest of the series of movies.

Galled - I'm not even sure I've seen it all the way through. I didn't like the protagonist either.

I use to say I liked rom-coms but I really only like them when they are done well and I can't really say that about more recent ones. I'm the same way with new movies too. Use to be I wouldn't want to watch a movie too often in case it became dull. Now I just don't have much interest to watch newer movies more than once.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 5:26 am

Postby galled » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:54 am

The kind of rom-coms I prefer are like LOVE ACTUALLY, and ones with a little adventure and/mystery to them like ADJUSTMENT BUREAU and LAST OF THE MOHICANS.

SITH... you didn't miss much... :(

I kind of wish I could un-see THE FORCE AWAKENS... ugh...

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:16 pm

I thought "50 First Dates" was a cute Romantic Comedy. It's a few years ago but I thought it was worth watching. He's a bit of a jerk at first and you don't really want to have anything good happen for him but in the end he ends up a sweet guy.

"Playboy vet Henry sets his heart on romancing Lucy, but she has short-term memory loss; she can't remember anything that happened the day before. So every morning, Henry has to woo her again. Her friends and family are very protective, and Henry must convince them that he's in it for love."

Postby Watery Star » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:53 am

50 First Dates gets a bad rap but I enjoyed it too.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 5:26 am

Postby galled » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:42 pm

Ah, I see. I'm trying to think of movies that have that same kind of feel (not plot). And come up with WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING (Sandra Bullock). I kinda thought it was really cute and heart warming, but part of me has a hard time totally committing to it when the relationship begins on a lie. Maybe I have to watch it again to see if the lie was forced (no choice), then I guess it would be forgivable.

Anyone remember that one? Am I off base?

Server Administrator

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:49 am

I feel like I'm so outdated because the earliest PG? movie I remember watching was Transformers... my mom used to ban me from things that weren't on Disney. c':

Recently I went to watch Wonder Woman and Bad Genius. I have really mixed feelings about WW due to the amazing amount of plot holes, but BG was really good. Overdramatic at times but it's obvious that it was a director's choice. xD

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 6:26 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby NerdyAliCat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:23 am

In english class we recently watched 'Australia' (Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman)
And i remembered how much i loved that movie. It perfectly covers the discrimination of women, Aboriginal and half caste people in Australia in 1939 as well as the Darwin's bombings in WW2 while also giving us a cute little love story

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby galled » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:51 am

I liked the new WONDER WOMAN. I don't think it was a great movie (one that I would watch over and over again), but it was a good movie, and definitely one of the better one is the super hero genre. Oh, yes! Tons of plot holes, but none bad enough to make me disgusted with it all! LOL

AUSTRALIA was a really good movie. I'll have to watch it again. Nicole and Hugh are extremely talented--like the old time movie stars that had talents beyond reciting lines.

Server Administrator

Postby NerdyAliCat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:28 am

Nicole and Hugh really make it feel real, not just two actors on a screen. Some of the scenes in Australia made my heart ache.

Previous

Return to The Lounge