The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Couple of questions about Windlyn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Couple of questions about Windlyn

Postby Hero » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Hello, I've been a user that has been on and off the site & somewhat interested in trying to be a consistent user.
With that in mind, I have a couple of questions

1. How active is the user base?(A guess is fine)
2. Any premium benefits apart from Wings?
3. How often does the site get updated?

Thanks in advance.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 12:36 pm

:grin_wink: Hi, the name is Hero!

Re: Couple of questions about Windlyn

Postby galled » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Welcome back, Hero!

I can try and answer your questions as best I can.

1. Activity varies based on the time of the year and with Windlyn events. There are about 10 or so hardcore members who are on several times a day. I'd say there are 20-30 regulars that drop in once or twice a week and about the same that swing through a couple of times a month. Of course there are a whole bunch of people who frequent Windlyn and never post (they play games, dress their Avi's, and lurk). We also get a few new users that sort themselves into the above groups. Some come and stay, some come and go, and some never post and that's totally OK.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by premium benefits, but Wings are indeed different. I don't know if event only items fit into that category. Some of those are once the event is over, they're retired and you can't get them again (like the blue wings).

3. The site is updated when Diana has time and she feels OK. She's been very sick for the last several months. Keep in mind that Windlyn is a hobby for her and she's the only programmer working on the site (although flippinmonkey has been lending a hand here and there). I'd categorize it as constant updates, but big updates come in spurts, and events are like clockwork.

Hope this helps!

Server Administrator

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 9:36 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Watery Star » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:10 pm

You can check the site updates here:
http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewforum.php?f=47

That should give you a good idea what gets updated and how often.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 11:36 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Are you talking about wing currency or wing items?

There is no membership fees so not really any premium benefits... that may come later...you get rare items by participating...especially commemorative items for site monumental accomplishments (such as the blue wings Galled mentioned).

There have been more member designed items lately as well.

You have been on and off for a couple years now, Hero and should have the gist down... would be nice to see you post more~! New game and pets also - and more to come later

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 9:36 am

Return to The Lounge