The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Giving Thanks

Moderator: Ryvvi

Giving Thanks

Postby Watery Star » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:26 am

In the spirit of Thanksgiving I thought we could each post something we are thankful for.
You can go ahead and have a conversation as long as you also include something you are thankful for. :heart:

I'm thankful for my house. Despite the furnace not working I'm still glad to have a place to call home and shelter. We can manage until we get it replaced and we will manage with the other repairs that need to be made. There's nothing like having your own place and I'm very thankful for that.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:02 am

Re: Giving Thanks

Postby galled » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:55 pm

I am thankful for family and friends with no drama. Everyone I love is safe, healthy and in good places mentally and physically. One of those rare times when all is right in the world.

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:02 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Watery Star » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:48 pm

I'm glad all is well with your loved ones Galled.

I'm thankful for my s.o. he has been so supportive and caring. When we have an issue we talk it out and sort through things. We had a little fight this morning but made up before he went back to bed.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:50 pm

I am thankful that I have a job and regular income and that we don't have an excessive amount of bills. And I am thankful that things seem to be looking up for my family, hopefully this coming year will be a better one health wise and income wise for them so that it relieves some of the stress they are going through.

Watery, it is good you recognize that you two can communicate and work things out. Sometimes the outside stresses distract us from what is really important.

Postby Watery Star » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:33 pm

I hope the new year is good to you and your family Lemon.

People get into arguments, it happens, but being able to work past that is key.

I'm thankful for my parent's. It means a lot to me when they visit and that we can celebrate Thanksgiving at my house.

Postby Gingerale » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:48 am

When we are teens we aren't always thankful for our parents but when we move out of their home and are on our own we seem to change our perspective and appreciate the sacrifices they have made for us and the aid and support they continue to give us. And where maybe they failed as parents when we were young they tend to try to make up for when we are adults. Not everyone is good with taking care of kids. Even though finances were always tight, I am thankful I have always had a place to sleep, food to eat and clothes to wear.

Is this your first family Thanksgiving at your house, Watery?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 pm

Postby Watery Star » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:11 pm

No it's my second. It seems like it's a new tradition now to have it here. Although I'm sad that my brother doesn't visit. We go to his house for Christmas.

I'm thankful for my terrier-lab mix Cooper. I ended up falling back asleep yesterday and he woke me up when my parents arrived. He's such a comfort and joy to have around. I like not being all alone when Eagle is at work and I know how much he appreciates me being home with him too.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Does your brother live far away? Does he work the day after Thanksgiving? He might not like to travel then? I am glad your parents came though and it sounds liek going to your brother's might be a nice opportunity for a get a way?

I am so thankful it rained during the night. I woke about 4 am to a huge sounding windstorm so I am also thankful the power did not go out, which sometimes happens with the stormy weather.

Postby mdom » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm

I'm thankful I'm not a native and didn't have millions of ancestors slaughtered. Seriously. I'm thankful for all my priviledges.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:02 am

by Valentine Strange

Postby Watery Star » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:16 am

Lemon - No he lives in near my parent's. My mom pet sits for him sometimes. He just keeps to himself mostly.

mdom- It's really upsetting the way the Native Americans have been treated. There are a lot of tragedies in a countries history. I'm thankful for the freedom I have and not having to experience those kind of hardships.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:01 pm

so many tragedies in history, and worst that they seem to get repeated - why don't we learn from past mistakes!?

Yay, I am losing weight even when I ate Thanksgiving carbs all week!

Postby Watery Star » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:30 am

It's depressing to think about the torture some have face and the horrible conditions people are in. It makes me thankful but also makes me feel guilty.

Wohoo! Have you been working out or very busy?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:41 pm

I must be more active or eating less then I think I am?

I am thankful today was such a beautiful day - it's "winter" and I'm not wearing a jacket.

Postby Watery Star » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:40 am

Your doing something right!

I'm thankful that the weather has been mild so far. We still have a couple weeks minimum until the furnace is replaced and switched to natural gas.

Postby Gingerale » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Today was like summer, so beautiful

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 pm

Next

Return to The Lounge