The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

It's December

Moderator: Ryvvi

It's December

Postby lethargy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 3:15 am

Re: It's December

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:57 pm

aw I hope you aren't sick! It is Dec 1 and feels like summer here! But definitely Christmas count down starts this week end with different events going on.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:15 am

Postby lethargy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:aw I hope you aren't sick! It is Dec 1 and feels like summer here! But definitely Christmas count down starts this week end with different events going on.

I was bad sick a bit ago but I think I'm over it now thankfully.
Its definitely been colder here and will probably just get worse (50-20°F so far) Do you get snow where you're at?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:16 am

About an hour away can get snow, but I have never seen it snow where I live now but growing up we had snow every winter and my parents send me pictures when it snows there. But we do get frost once in awhile.

Do you like the snow?

Postby lethargy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:59 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:About an hour away can get snow, but I have never seen it snow where I live now but growing up we had snow every winter and my parents send me pictures when it snows there. But we do get frost once in awhile.

Do you like the snow?

I don't like it or dislike it really. We get too much and it can be inconvenient if you were someone who goes out a lot, but other than that it's pretty harmless

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:54 pm

I love watching snow falling from the sky, it is so mesmerizing! And it seems to buffer the outside noises so gives the illusion of a peaceful scene. However, snow falling with the wind gusting is NOT fun to be in or fun to watch!

Postby galled » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 pm

I loved how extraordinarily quiet it can get at night after a gentle snow. The cold, not so much.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Gingerale » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:06 am

I don't like the cold, but at least you can find ways to warm up. When it's too hot it is very difficult to cool down.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 12:15 am

Postby lethargy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Gingerale wrote:I don't like the cold, but at least you can find ways to warm up. When it's too hot it is very difficult to cool down.

I'd always pick being cold over being hot

Postby Gingerale » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Anybody check out the super full moon tonight? It is very bright outside.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 12:15 am

Postby lethargy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Gingerale wrote:Anybody check out the super full moon tonight? It is very bright outside.

It looks massive before sunrise and after sundown

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:28 pm

I took some pictures but missed the actual moonrise so will try to make that tomorrow, It hadn't rose before we left for dinner.

Postby Watery Star » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:57 pm

lethargy lol the Hail Santa video is good too.

Snow isn't so bad, it's the ice you have to be careful of.
Right now we're relying on space heaters to keep ourselves warm because our furnace stopped working. Not enjoying the cooler days and nights.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:03 pm

If you can close the doors to the rooms and just heat specific rooms space heaters can actually make things toasty. I hope you can get your furnance fixed soon though. Do you have a carbon monoxide alarm just in case?

Postby Watery Star » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:19 am

There's no doors separating the computer room from the living room nor the kitchen. We have thought about putting some kind of curtain between the kitchen and computer room though. The kitchen gets very cold.

I'll have to ask Eagle. We need to replace the smoke alarm that was in/by the attic cause that one was bugging out.

Someone from the gas company is coming by Thursday(technically today) to install the gas line to our house. We have to wait until Monday for HVAC company to install the interior pipes and replace furnace. We're also replace our a/c unit cause it's a little old. We'll have heat soon ;_; (drama llama)

Next

Return to The Lounge