The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

I Recognize So Many People...

Moderator: Ryvvi

I Recognize So Many People...

Postby Valentine Strange » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:05 pm

Some usernames on here I recognize from other places. They're not necessarily people I have talked to other places, but people I have seen. I don't go by the same thing every place I go. Especially an avatar site that has RPing options. I usually name my avatar and then use it as character ref. So no one really is going to recognize me unless they're familiar with my quirks I guess. I wonder if I should ping the people I recognize. I don't want to seem stalkerish though. :strain:
Okay, okay. What other sites do you think I go on? What username do you think belongs to me on that site?
I'm kind of curious.
I might just go ahead and reveal myself if people don't try to guess.

Has this happened to you? Where you recognize usernames of people you haven't necessarily talked to from other places. Did you then talk them afterwards because you have two sites in common?

I'm just going to post what places I am on:
Kingdom of Knuffle- I recognize people from here
Tattered Weave- and here
This is Halloween
Aywas*

*This is the site I have been on the longest, but I also haven't been on here in quite some. Several years actually. While trying to recover the password to my account I did notice they had some server trouble in 2013 and lost a few accounts. I'm hoping that I just remembered my login name wrong and didn't lose my account due to the server trouble. I sent in a request to recover my login name, but still haven't gotten a reply... Most likely I may have lost my account. They have a recovery method, but they also can not guarantee that you will get you account back or that if you do that some data may or may not be missing. I'm just going to hope for the best.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 4:03 pm

Re: I Recognize So Many People...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:34 pm

we have members on here who recognize other user names and welcome them so I don't think anyone would have a problem with you saying "hey"... I know Gizzie and Maro are on a few and so is dragoness, mdom is on a couple and so is Nerdyalicat which I believe they keep their same names. Personally I'm not on any other sites. We are a small but friendly community here so check out the threads of the ones you might think are on your other sites - they may post it on their, after all - that's how I found out.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 1:03 pm

Postby Valentine Strange » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:32 am

Lemon Cheesecake
Hm, I can't say I'm familiar with those specific people. Maybe Maro and Nerdyalicat. Those two sound a little familiar.
I'm thinking of editing my post and putting which sites I am on up.
I still don't feel comfortable pinging the people, but I might drop by their guest books and say "hello."
I have to leave though currently to meet up with some people. Came on to check up on things. :3

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 am

I believe starshadow and reaper, JinMay are on other sites too, they aren't on so often but you could send them a PM and ask.

Postby Valentine Strange » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:42 pm

I don't think I've seen those people.
I updated my original post with a list of places I'm on. Well... places that haven't closed down.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:57 pm

I'm on several, but I don't think I have an account on any of those sites.... if I did, I forgot lol

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 3:03 pm

Postby Valentine Strange » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:14 pm

I haven't been on most of the places I've previously had accounts on in about 5 years. With the ones I remembered being on, a majority were closed down except for Aywas and This is Halloween.
What other places are you on? I might have an account on there that I may have forgotten about. Notice any accounts that have not been active for about five years?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:18 pm

Val- yo'd probably get a quicker result Pming someone...I forget to check my guestbook but my account shows when someone has sent me a PM. We are laid back on here.

Postby mdom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:00 pm

I'm on those sites except 'this is halloween' but I don't post much in them hehe.
I know I only play games at aywas, probably tattered weave.
Also welcome!!!

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 5:03 pm

by Valentine Strange

Postby Watery Star » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:06 am

ellos and welcome!
I've only heard of Kingdom of Knuffle but never joined it myself.
I don't have much of a presence so I've never been noticed before. I am curious about the old avatar sites you used to go to that now closed down. Ernya (I think that's it) was a site that was too short lived.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 3:03 pm

Postby Valentine Strange » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
I posted on their message boards...
I don't feel comfortable messaging them since they aren't really people I've talked too...

mdom
I'm kind of rethinking staying on Aywas. If I do get my info back I might not log on. I heard a lot of stuff was going there.
I don't post much either. I'm more of a lurker. I tend to just do quests for the NPCs on Tattered Weave.

Watery Star
Most people on Knuffel are pretty nice.
Ernya closed down? I actually had forgotten about it till you mentioned it. I was on there before I was on all these. I liked the NPC art.
I was on a lot of pet sites. Not all of them had avatars. Valenth was one. So was Marvel Horse. There are a few others.

Postby NerdyAliCat » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:51 pm

I'm not sure if i've ever seen you around any other sites but you're always welcome to have a chat!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:03 am

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:11 am

Hi. I don't think I know you (could be just a dum dum though lol.)
I didn't know the last three you listed even were in existence. I am relatively new to avatar sites. I started in spring 2016. I am on several others though like Caedon and Voltra. I started on Syn which is basically on its last leg. I didn't get a chance to check out Ernya before it imploded.

Veni Vidi Vici
ΔS

Postby Valentine Strange » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 am

NerdyAliCat
This is the first time I've used the name "Valentine Strange", but your user name looked a little familiar.
And that would be nice. :3

Shamrock Shamus
To be fair, I've never seen a Shamrock Shamus anywhere else before so I'm pretty sure this is the first time we've met.
And is Syn it's full name? I tried looking it up and I didn't get anything.
I liked the style of Ernya, but I didn't run into a lot of nice people on there.

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 am

Well then, pleasure to meet you. : )

Syndroneonline. The owner said that he was stopping production of the site and items, then very shortly after said that he was starting production. Then halted production again. Then sold the site to a user who was a lurker and a new user. They made a single announcement in September of 2016 saying that they had big plans for the site. Then vanished. The mods tried their best to get in touch with them and nothing. The weird thing is that the server fees are still being paid because you can still get on it. But most people (including me) have given up on it.

Ah I see. I have several friends who were on Ernya and they speak highly of it. But I have also heard some things like that. I heard it was very clique-ey.

Next

Return to The Lounge