The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

I Recognize So Many People...

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: I Recognize So Many People...

Postby Valentine Strange » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Shamrock Shamus
Nice to meet you too. :grin:

I looked at some of the images and it definitely looks like my style. If it wasn't having issues. It's security license has also expired. And that story just seems fishy. Did anyone question it? If I was member I'd definitely ask questions about the exchange and how exactly the server fees are being paid. And what the heck was going on. That's really odd.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 1:16 pm

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:13 pm

No one knows anything. The only moderator left, Yuki doesn't have any answers because she doesn't have administrative privileges. We just know that it's being paid. She's been trying desperately to get a hold of the old owner and / or the new owners and nothing. So, we kind of are counting down the Syn Dooms Day Clock.

Edit: I know that before I joined, there was an embezzlement type scandal. I can't remember if it was the owner who just sold it or the previous one but whoever it was was using the donation money for themselves and not for the site like it should have been.

Veni Vidi Vici
ΔS

Postby Valentine Strange » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:28 pm

Shamrock Shamus
That's shady. Very shady.

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:15 pm

It really is. I feel like there's some sort of shady behind the scenes story to this but I don't know and neither does Yuki or anyone else. It is very suspicious.

Postby Boris » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:34 pm

I was recognized.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 9:16 am

Postby Anarchist Beauty » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 pm

I see some of the same people all over. That happens when you're on a lot of different sites. Haha.
I have the same username and Hogwarts hangout thread everywhere, so it's easy to recognize me. c;

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 10:16 am

Postby Valentine Strange » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Shamrock Shamus
Embezzlement can be a serious crime. I don't know if it's an American based site and I'm not familiar with much foreign law, but that's something I think you could bring in a private investigator for. That's basically lying to get someone else's money.

Boris
Yep.
I didn't want to seem like a stalker so that's why it took awhile for me contact some of the people I recognized.

Anarchist Beauty
Oh, I just saw your hangout on Tattered Weave. :o

Postby Anarchist Beauty » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:09 pm

Oh yes, I am all over with my Hogwarts thread. Haha.
I've also got one on Sapherna, Caedon, and Voltra.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 10:16 am

Postby Boris » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Valentine Strange Oh, I understand that. ^_^

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 9:16 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:14 pm

uhhhhhhhhhhh......... gaia, menewsha, avaricia, caedon, trisphee....

that's all I can remember, lol.

I also was on syn for a short bit but I, for some reason, didn't like the community so I just didn't go back.

I was also on recolor.me, but the community isn't great so I left. But thanks to them, I found this site, so I got something good out of it lol.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 12:16 pm

Postby Dipper » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:19 am

Hehe, welcome, you wouldn't know me, I'm not on those avi sites...though maybe I'll check them out,

Hope you enjoy yourself here!

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 7:16 pm

Ne/Nem/Nir/Nirs/Nemself
They/Them/Theirs/Themselves

Not really set in stone...still confused

If you need me, please look for me here:
https://discord.gg/bRwhnFz

Postby Akuyi » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:45 am

I'm only here and on Recolor and I think I only ever met one person I knew here on Rec. xD

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 6:16 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Valentine Strange » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Anarchist Beauty
I want to join Voltra, but they are not in open beta yet. I did email them about open beta and it should be happening soon. Dappervolk should also be going into closed beta soon with moments of open beta. I specifically subscribed to them so I would know when they temporarily open their beta. I do not want to have to wait to join Dappervolk!! Also does Voltra have a Pokemon sort of vibe? I was exploring a bit on it (well what I could explore not being a member) and I got a little bit of a Pokemon vibe from it.

MonkeyGirl18
Oddly enough Menewsha is where I found the list of avatar and pet sites that led me to Windlyn. I'm not a member it's just someone from there posted a huge list of avatar and pet sites on there and it was the first thing that popped up when I googled "avatar and pet sites". (How do you pronounce Menewsha anyways?)
I'm not a member on any of those.

Dipper
I would approach Aywas right now with caution. There's a lot going on there.
Tattered Weave is still in open beta, but so far it's a good community. The pets are cute too.
Knuffel is also a pretty friendly place and also has some cute pets.
But honestly I have never run into such a welcoming, warm, and non clique-y place such as here on Windlyn. (I think that's why I've been spending most of my time here. That and because of the event currently going on.)

Akuyi
I'm not on Recolor so this would be a first meeting.

Postby Dipper » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:14 am

Valentine Strange Ah, noted, thank you for warning me.
Oh yes, Windlyn is so friendly, I love it. Everywhere else seems to seperate into groups but Windlyn's too small for that >w<

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 7:16 pm

Postby Autus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:59 pm

Heyo. I'm on a bunch of different places, but I'm mostly active on Gaia these days. I'm either Autus or Sequor on any avatar community. I used to run under the name 'Opium' but after my own community went down, I decided to change it.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge