The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

he-ey.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: he-ey.

Postby Gingerale » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:09 pm

I am so sorry you are having storms! I hope your place is ok. Do you pack some water and food and extra batteries just in case?

I've been trying to target you so that you get enough water drops to buy the items.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 8:02 am

Postby Valentine Strange » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Yes, I've always lived in places that got hit frequently by tornados and other storms and such so it's instinct now to stock up on supplies. ^ ^ I have flashlights in every room. And nothing seems to be damaged to my knowledge. I worry about my cats though. My youngest one is afraid of storms and doesn't do well. The worst is over for today. It's supposed to get bad again tomorrow and Saturday though.

I haven't seen a button pop up yet in awhile.
I'll sploosh you when one shows up.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 12:02 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Sometimes you have to refresh the page or make sure you have at least 4 water power. Click on the summer showdown banner to check the score and your water supply and to push the "W" button to refresh your supply.

Storms are intriguing but they are also terrifying. Your poor cats! Will they go into a cage if the reports start getting bad on the radio and that way you won't have to search for them if you need to leave...or be worrying about where they went? Or do you lock them in the bathroom so they have water if need be but are in one place?

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 9:02 am

Postby Valentine Strange » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:38 pm

I put them in the bathroom since it's more spacious and I can move their food and water bowls in there easily.
My youngest has panic attacks actually in carriers. I don't know why exactly, most likely something from his previous owners. (most of his issues can be tracked to what he went through before he was adopted.) I put him in a cat harness and have a leash if I need to take him to the vet. The harness also doubles as a thunder vest for when things get especially noisy. My eldest cat on the other hand has never really been bothered by these things.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:24 pm

We have practice emergency drill alarms twice a year, do they have that kind of thing for Tornado's or is there enough tornado's that the alarms are a common thing?

Postby Valentine Strange » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:57 am

No, the state I live in now doesn't get hit frequently enough by tornados so they didn't feel it was necessary to have them installed. We get hit frequently enough by tropical storms though that we should have something like that put into place. There has been a few petitions going around for this issue especially after Irma since the wind speeds got fast enough and a tornado hit during it.
I've moved around a lot and actually have lived in Tornado Alley, so after I moved here I was kind of stunned they had no alarm system put in place.

Postby galled » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:04 am

"We're not in Kansas anymore!" :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Valentine Strange » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:33 pm

galled
lol
That pretty much sums up how I felt when moving here. (Minus the Kansas part.)

Postby Gingerale » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:47 pm

I guess they assume everyone has their phones on them and will hear the emergency alert system as it cranks out the warning. We get those for flash flood or fire warnings. Not sure if we had it for a tsunami warning. The t.v. puts out warnings as well.

Postby Valentine Strange » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:40 pm

They're also assuming everyone has a smart phone.
I've seen quite a bit of people here who have flip phones still. :shock:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:57 pm

vintage!

Postby Valentine Strange » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Heh, yes vintage.
I found an old device of mine hidden away somewhere. It doesn't have service anymore, but I found some photos on the SD card.

Postby Gingerale » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Flip phones remind me of the original star trek.

Postby Valentine Strange » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Heh, yep. I think Star Trek actually inspired the first cell phone to be created.

Postby galled » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Star Trek inspired a lot of tech gadgets we have today. The wireless ear bud headset, tablet, needle-less syringe, non-photography medical scanner, voice interactive computer, and 3D printer (although ours are very primitive now). I'd have to think about it, but there are probably more.

Personally I can't wait for our real life versions of warp drive and the transporter. The transporter would change everything!

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge