The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Traveling Soon!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Traveling Soon!

Postby Calea » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:35 pm

Hello everyone. Sorry I've been away so long, I am busy with work and I'm getting ready to go to Spain and France next month. I'm very excited to visit a new country. :cheer:

Anyone have any recommendations for either country? I'll be visiting Madrid and Barcelona in Spain and Paris, France. I also have plans to visit the Armagnac area as well. :heart:

I am very excited and working hard to have extra money for fun times and not just food and lodging.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 3:07 pm

Re: Traveling Soon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:54 pm

How exciting ! Are you travelling with friends or family or on your own?

I have not been to either country but I know people who have so I will try to remember to ask them what they suggest. Paris can be quite smoggy so be prepared for that! If you are going soon then it should be a beautiful time. Are you interested in doing any historic tours?

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 4:07 pm

Postby Calea » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:50 pm

I am traveling with my husband. We both have never been to either country and we're very excited! :cheer:

Thank you for asking, there are some things I'd like to check out, but I don't want to stand in long lines to see things. I would love to check out some historical sites! I wouldn't mind seeing an art museum or two but I'll only be a couple of days in each place so I want to get as much in as possible, but still have a good time and enjoy myself. (I see too many people on vacations here trying to get everything done in one trip!!) Most of our time will be visiting Chateaus and Bodegas :grin_wink:

Postby Diana » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:53 pm

If you end up in Barcelona, make sure to visit the Sagrada Familia!

Site Admin

Postby Calea » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Diana wrote:If you end up in Barcelona, make sure to visit the Sagrada Familia!

Oh that place looks fantastic! Thank you for the recommendation.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:48 pm

How Fun!!! It will be like a mini honeymoon for you!

Postby Calea » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:05 pm

Yes! I'm so stoked. I don't know how to plan, it's all so overwhelming. Luckily my darling is much better at planning than I am. He wants me to help though... :worry: I don't want to be wrong.

Postby galled » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:22 pm

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Calea » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:53 pm

galled wrote:This might be useful https://blog.cheapism.com/tourist-trap-overseas/

Oh thank you so much!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Plan light and plan to rewear- you can always buy clothes when you are over there, but I always say bring a pair of underwear for each day you will be gone. :wink:
Bring comfy shoes or sandles to walk in. If you take a look at what the weather generally is you can figure out what kind of footwear to bring.

...and rolling the clothes keeps them from wrinkling and takes up less space.

Postby Calea » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Considering the heat and humidity I just endured here at home, I think a couple pair of jeans and some sturdy walking shoes will be just fine. I agree on the underwear (and socks) though!

Postby Boris » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:07 pm

Take lots of pictures! I'd love to see the places you've visited when you come back!

Postby Calea » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:54 pm

I'm so excited!! I'm flying out on Friday! I don't know how I'll survive a 14 hour plane flight, but I'm pretty excited. I'm bringing a book at least.

I will post pictures when I get back!

Postby Gingerale » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:22 pm

How fun!

we look forward to seeing pictures! Valentine on here had a cool idea, he took photo's of cool restaurant signage and different types of food he ate on his trip. Don't forget to get up and stretch the legs on your long flight (if you can).

Postby Calea » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:33 pm

I have compression socks to help, but I'm hoping I can get up and walk around. I've been reading about how to survive a 14 hour flight.

Neck pillow
Eye mask
Over the ear headphones

I hope I get WiFI on the plane.

Next

Return to The Lounge