The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Excited!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Excited!

Postby Connor » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:24 am

I'm excited since there is an upcoming forum avatar site that is releasing today! I'm gonna sign up since it looks awesome since one of my hobbies is to create cute avatars and meet new people! I'm not too sure if i'm allowed to say the website's name or any site name in general ( I don't want to get banned from Windlyn ) but yeah i'm excited!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 pm

Re: Excited!

Postby Tandy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:32 am

You're making me curious. I like windlyn, but there's not much to do, so I'd like to investigate a new site.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 pm

Postby Connor » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:52 am

Tandy wrote:You're making me curious. I like windlyn, but there's not much to do, so I'd like to investigate a new site.

It's called Pantheon Online, Launching in literally two hours.
i believe the link is something like pantheononline.net

Postby Akuyi » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:05 am

Seems cute, but the avatars look too pixellated for me. Image

After being on Rec and Windlyn for years I just cannot have pixellated avatars anymore. It bothers me.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:13 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby galled » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:53 am

Tandy wrote:You're making me curious. I like windlyn, but there's not much to do, so I'd like to investigate a new site.

Curious to what you'd like on Windlyn to do that you can do on another sites? Just a couple of the biggest things would give us an idea. Thanks!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby galled » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:02 pm

Connor wrote:I'm excited since there is an upcoming forum avatar site that is releasing today! I'm gonna sign up since it looks awesome since one of my hobbies is to create cute avatars and meet new people! I'm not too sure if i'm allowed to say the website's name or any site name in general ( I don't want to get banned from Windlyn ) but yeah i'm excited!

While we don't have a specific rule against mentioning other sites, obvious promotion is considered bad etiquette on any site. We have had users sign up and make 2-3 posts (promoting other sites) and never come back again. :\

I hope you can understand why no one likes that kind of thing on any site.

Server Administrator

Postby Tandy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Connor, thanks for telling the name of the site. I checked it out, but I don't think it's for me.

Galled, I'm used to playing Neopets where there is a ton of things to do. My current favorite activity is making a plushie gallery. I was also into decorating my "neohome" for a long time. For a while I was playing on another site where you crafted your avatar's clothing and various recipes to level up in the game. I understand, though, if you guys don't have the resources to do these kinds of things.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:52 pm

Another option is to just PM the name to users if they are interested in checking it out and you are not sure.

Postby Akuyi » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:22 pm

galled wrote:Curious to what you'd like on Windlyn to do that you can do on another sites? Just a couple of the biggest things would give us an idea. Thanks!

For me, that would be more engaging minigames. Like, the ones on Windlyn are repetitive. I have no incentive to play them. Games I usually play on other sites are either
* progressive (like, you level up in some way, unlock new maps, harder levels etc.)
* co-op
* competitive
* using your avatar in some way
* about solving riddles
or all of the above.
Also, Flash hangouts where you can walk around with your avatar and chat with people are always super popular. Like, it's an avatar site, let us do something cool with our avatars!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:13 pm

Postby galled » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:17 pm

All on the list already. ;)

Server Administrator

Postby galled » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:49 pm

Tandy wrote:Connor, thanks for telling the name of the site. I checked it out, but I don't think it's for me.

Galled, I'm used to playing Neopets where there is a ton of things to do. My current favorite activity is making a plushie gallery. I was also into decorating my "neohome" for a long time. For a while I was playing on another site where you crafted your avatar's clothing and various recipes to level up in the game. I understand, though, if you guys don't have the resources to do these kinds of things.

Thank you for taking the time to help me understand what you're into. These kinds of things will come in time. Our most precious resource is man-power (or woman-power actually in our case!). We hope to address solutions shortly. Until then, thanks for your patience! :L_Wing: :smile: :R_Wing:

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:10 pm

I remember the days on Neopets where there was a lot less to do...but it sure expanded quickly! Then it went into McDonald's kids meal toys (or was that Burger King?), and you could use the codes from the toys on the site...that was fun! (I think we still may have a few of those toys somewhere).

I was so sad when Club Penguin went away and also the Disney fairy site ( that one had such beautiful art work!).

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:19 am

Ooh a dye system

Edit: oh lord having to zoom out every time I load a new page is gonna be annoying

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Connor » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:57 am

Akuyi wrote:Seems cute, but the avatars look too pixellated for me. Image

After being on Rec and Windlyn for years I just cannot have pixellated avatars anymore. It bothers me.

Akuyi
Oo I understand! What is Rec?

Postby Connor » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:59 am

I have tried to get into neo pets but I find it a bit dead and not many people to hang around with, some sites are too pixley for me and some are just way too dead. Windlyn is nice though :3

Next

Return to The Lounge