The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Weight Loss and Fitness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Weight Loss and Fitness

Postby svetlana » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:33 am

Is anyone else trying to lose weight, get in shape, or change their diet to improve overall health?
Share your goals, routines, tips, and anything relevant here.

I'll update a bit later.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 am

Re: Weight Loss and Fitness

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:50 pm

I was having such severe cramping but it went away when I changed what I was eating! As a result of eating less Carbs and low fat (re:cheese), I also lost weight.

I eat carbs, just not a lot, so I rarely will have a sandwich, mostly a salad or "lettuce wrapped" burger, not much pasta (just occasionally) and I eat lean meat and cut back on the cheese, but I have a slice of pizza once in awhile.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 am

Postby svetlana » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm glad you're feeling better. Do you mean that you're eating lowfat cheese, or you eat less fat things such as cheese?

Are carbs as bad as people say? I believe in eating everything in moderation and balanced portions.
The most important concepts of my diet are

- Eat fresh foods and try to avoid processed and packaged ones
- Eat less sugar, or have sugar from natural sources such as fruit
- Don't eat less than 3 hours before bedtime
- Drink mainly water

I weight ~57 kg right now and I'd like to get down to ~53. I think losing 0.5 kg every week is a healthy pace.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:46 pm

I try to eat foods that are low carb and low fat normally not necessarily reduced fat but I may choose reduced fat crackers over regular ones. I try to eat in moderation but since I have food sensitivities I have to be careful and I have always had low numbers of my good cholesterol so I have to watch my bad cholesterol in my diet.

Fortunately I do not have a diabetic problem so I do not have to be so strict. I have been doing more of a trial and error approach. If some foods give me cramps or nausea then I try to avoid them. Over all a lower carb diet seems to keep me from feeling sluggish. I can definitely tell when I have had more carbs then I should have. I used to not be able to get under 139 pounds but now I can stick between 123 and 125.

Postby Mouse » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:09 am

I'm not going to lie, no I'm not. I really need to, though. This year has been rough for me and I have been putting on weight because of it. I'm still pretty thin only because I'm tall. Now I have a tummy and I'm a bit insecure of it. It sucks and I want to exercise but I all dont want to either! I need more push lately

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:38 am

You should be able to get away with just a few stomach exercises at home...do them while you are watching a show...like leg lifts. You can find some if you do an online search.

Making conscientious decisions when choosing what to eat helps. It is a little time consuming at first to look at labels but after awhile you will just know which foods have higher carb counts. Green salads are a good fall back and so is lean meat if you are not a vegetarian. Parmesan is a lower fat and no carb choice for cheeses.

Postby galled » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:44 pm

Belly fat is the worst for you health-wise if it's subcataneous. Excess carbs seem to be the cause for most modern health issues. The old diet and excercise, and don't smoke remains the best advice the medical world can provide.

I've lost 40lbs resticting carbs. Easiest "diet" I've ever done. :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Mouse » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:15 am

I decided to try to change my diet and do a little bit of exercise to dip my toes back in<3

Postby galled » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:58 pm

What kind of changes have you made?

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:51 pm

I have, been doing this intermittent fasting to see if it helps me at least curb my appetite and trying to not take in so much carbs and staying away from sugary drinks. But with IF, I fast from the time I get up til noon. Then I'm going to try to stop eating at 10pm, like, once that hits, start fasting again.

While I have done great at cutting out my sodas by finding a brand of sparkling water that has no sugar or calories in it, I'm still struggling with carbs since I'm a lover of pasta. That's probably the biggest obstacle I'll have to face. That, and getting my butt to the gym.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:17 pm

You can still do pasta...just smaller portions and some pasta have less carbs then others so check that out as well. I really don't miss pasta anymore and I used to eat it almost every day.

Sugar drinks are a real calorie waster so if you can find tea or a non sugar substitute then it will really help.
I try not to eat in between meals but I don't call it fsting because in my mind fasting is starving yourself. Sometimes I do small meals maybe 4 or 5 times a day. Don't overstuff myself if I can, eat a bit now and then a little bit again later.
Good for you for trying to work it out...you should feel healthier after 6 months or so!

Postby Pop » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:21 pm

I have been wanting to work out for the longest time, but I am so bad with foods I struggle to name dishes I like, Most times I go without food, then eat a cheese pizza two or three times pr. week.
For daily sustenance i drink 2 liters of Coca-cola and eat a bag of chips or a jar of cookies.
Maybe once pr. week I get my act together and go cook a portion of spaghetti, or simply open a can of beans and gulp them down raw...

So yeah, could definately use some help with adjusting my eating habits, since my lack of energy to get into a fitness routine can be traced directly to my dietary habits.

Was gonna do the one-punch man regimen, but I dont have the stamina to run more than 500m (Quitting smoking would help I imagine), so need some sort of diet plan that allows me to spend alot of energy, the catch is I am super picky and generally dislike eating any non-snacks that are not a cheese pizza.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:19 pm

The best thing is to cut back...instead of eating a whole pizza just have 2 slices.

Make sure you have some yummy low carb snacks on hand for the munchies. I am not sure what you have over there but we have some excellent choices over here.

If you don't buy the junk food then you don't have it to eat. Soda is so incredibly bad for you and I don't even do the sugar free. But I am not much of one for carbonated drinks anyway however there are some tasty flavored carbonated water available.

Little changes make a difference!

Beans in a can are generally cooked so no problem eating them cold out of a can if you like them that way.

Postby Pop » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:58 am

Hmmm... would it be possible to subsist on raw fruits and veggies while maintaining a daily training regimen? I am completely ignorant when it comes to nutrition knowledge.
I do prefer raw foods in general, raw meat (tartar) have been a stable of mine when I can afford it, usually flushed down with half a liter of Vanilla Cream, or a liter of lowfat milk.
I think it is pretty clear I need some advice on that whole thing, regardless I have decided to actively start training.
Beginning Thursday(because its pay day and I wanna make sure I can afford to restock my energy afterwards) I will be doing the OPM-regimen at 10%(x3) increasing it by 1% every day, and repeating 3 times pr. day for the first week, then scale back to doing it twice a day for the next period while gradually adding on to the total volume pr. day.
Eventually I will be splitting the daily routine into 2, doing half the total each time(to avoid straining my joints).
To make sure I keep with it, I have also made the decision to upload my daily progress unto YT and Bit-Chute, that way I can pressure myself to keep going with it and to avoid the public shame of giving up.

Ideally I wanna be able to do the whole set in one go by September.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:02 pm

Not sure what that is but it is always advisable to start off gently. Short repetitions (like 3 sets of 10) a couple times a day and building up helps. Stretching exercise make a tremendous difference to the muscles not only in keeping muscles more viable but also in toning.

I would research raw food, some are better then others for you. Is raw meat like jerky?

Next

Return to The Lounge