The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Weight Loss and Fitness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Weight Loss and Fitness

Postby galled » Sat May 01, 2021 7:00 pm

Rice, beans and corn are all high carb. Corn is one of the worst vegi's for carbs.

There are a lot of low-carb substitutes for rice. I never really did beans, but I'm sure there are subs for that too. You'd be surprised. :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:07 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:18 am

so i tried anti-obesity capsule but just for a week though ..and without presciption.. as expected it was a bad idea. sside effects were bad.
well the capsules are for overweight but i wasn't. i was just trying to unload the bulk fast but it didn't work well and side effects are also bad. so i stopped it.
i don't recommend using it.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:29 pm

You can try eliminating ALL fats for a few days as a quick unload of body fat.

Watching the carbs (look at how much is in a serving on the package) can make a big difference.

I remember in science class learning that diet pills in the turn of the century had tapeworm eggs. Ever since then I don't trust any of that stuff!!

Postby galled » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:15 am

Eliminating all dietary fats will not reduce body fat if you are eating carbs. Your body can live on carbs and will turn excess carbs into fat and will store it as body fat. The only time your body will burn fat is when it has a deficit of carbs to burn. If you are in ketosis mode, reducing fat intake will reduce body fat.

Server Administrator

Postby MissAutumn » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:05 am

I've given Noom ago. The psychology part wasn't really useful for me. I'm in the free version now so I food log and track my weight and exercise. The colour coding has been really helpful to see where I need to cut down on certain foods. I've lost 7kg since using the app.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:07 pm

Postby galled » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:07 pm

I had to look that up. It's interesting! I suppose the only important psychological bit is to make up your mind that you'll do what it takes to lose weight.;)

That's a great you've made process! Whatever works is a good thing!

Server Administrator

Postby galled » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:50 am

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:
galled wrote:
MonkeyGirl18 wrote:the ability to hack and make me the weight I want without the work

Have you tried paleo? It's the only thing that worked for me long term and the easiest imho.

I wouldnt find it easy as my favorite food, which I can never give up, isn't paleo. I do have a paleo cookbook I got from a sister so i have healthy meal ideas. Never used it yet.

Unless I can find a paleo version of it that still tastes as good, then maybe lol

Which food are you talking about? Maybe we can all find a substitute?

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:15 pm

galled wrote:
MonkeyGirl18 wrote:
galled wrote:
MonkeyGirl18 wrote:the ability to hack and make me the weight I want without the work

Have you tried paleo? It's the only thing that worked for me long term and the easiest imho.

I wouldnt find it easy as my favorite food, which I can never give up, isn't paleo. I do have a paleo cookbook I got from a sister so i have healthy meal ideas. Never used it yet.

Unless I can find a paleo version of it that still tastes as good, then maybe lol

Which food are you talking about? Maybe we can all find a substitute?

Spaghetti :')

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:19 pm

galled

I guess now that I think about it, spaghetti sauce can be made paleo friendly and I could use rice cauliflower, spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles....

Postby galled » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:29 pm

Do you make your own sauce? The Classico brand is excellent and only 6 grams of carbs. It's also one of the lower cost brands.

I don't like the vegi spaghetties as much as the protien based ones like the ones made from fish, cheese, etc. I find the vegi ones make the everthing too watery.

I also like tofu as a noodle substitute.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:41 am

So far, I know I don't care for zucchini noodles, but I do like using cauliflower and I like spaghetti squash.

Noodles made from fish? Not my thing, but that's...... interesting.....

Idk why, but I'm a bit scared to try anything tofu.

Postby galled » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:57 am

The fish noodles don't taste like fish. I know it sounds weird, but the texture and consistency is very close to pasta.

Extra dry tofu consistency and texture is pretty close to pasta too, but the shape isn't the same. It's just soybean, so it's pretty innocuous.

Shitake noodle are supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't tried them. They seem pretty expensive. I used to eat a lot of pasta (ramen too) because it tasted good, was filling, and most of all it was cheap before I found it out the carb/fat connection. Same for pizza.

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:38 am

Sometimes weight gain or not being able to lose weight can be because of a medical issue ... so if you are watching your carb and sugar intake and still not losing weight then make sure you are seeing a Doctor and getting your thyroid, diabetes, hormone levels etc checked.

If you are having other symptoms it could be something treatable.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:47 am

I've been doing this with my Dr. I make monthly appointments to check up on my weight and see how things go. My thyroid is fine. I'm not diabetic, either. It's just lifestyle choices that get me. I'm struggling making the best decisions.

Postby galled » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:07 pm

I have two rules:
1. Don't go food shopping when you're hungry.
2. Don't buy it or bring it home if you shouldn't eat it. :)

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge