The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Weight Loss and Fitness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Weight Loss and Fitness

Postby galled » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:15 pm

You can have snacks, you just can't eat high carb snacks. High carbs are killing all of us...

I'm on a nut kick lately and it's working out well. Super-foods!! ;)

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:09 am

dont eat something between meals^^
no cakes please and no fries!!!!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 pm

Postby Polaris » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:47 am

Snacking, especially between meals, isn't as terrible as people make them out to be, it's what you're eating and how much of it that counts. Snacking in between meals, particularly if you've not had a proper meal (i.e. breakfast was too small), helps provide you energy during the day and when you exercise. Healthy snacking can also help to decrease your hunger, which in turn helps to keep you from overeating during meal time.

Thinking about that pack of oreos that's been eyeing you for some time now? Try having an apple instead! Apples are great for snacks (personally I like them with a bit of peanut butter spread on top), where their higher water content can make you feel full after eating just one.

Also, generally a rule of thumb for snacking is to have your snack a few hours after the previous meal and roughly two hours before your next meal. For example, if I ate breakfast at 8am and plan to eat lunch at 1pm I'll have my snack at around 11am.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:16 pm

don't stop your exercise if you started it..do it regularly or it will and double gain of weight when you stop.... :scream: :scream: :scream:

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:36 pm

Um, so I finally managed to get and stay under 300 and I havent felt more alive! Lol

My last weigh in was 287. Last I posted here was 297. So.... yeah.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm

Postby galled » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:02 pm

Keeping it off is great!

Server Administrator

Postby Polaris » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:15 pm

That's awesome! I'm really happy for you MonkeyGirl, be proud of that achievement!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:52 pm

Congratulations Monkeygirl! This is the one time that a downhill spiral is a good thing! Keep spiraling down!

I agree, small meals throughout the day can be better for you...it is what you eat not so much as how much.

An apple a day keeps the Doctor away.

Postby MissAutumn » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:17 pm

That's great news, Monkeygirl. :D

My personal goal is to get my weight down to 70kg (154lb). I'm the heaviest I've ever been... I have 30kg to lose. I've started keeping a food and drink diary to see where I can improve my diet to make permanent changes.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:25 pm

Postby galled » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:01 am

A food diary is a great idea! It was a real eye opener for me. We eat so much that doesn't even register in memory...

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:17 pm

I agree, I go to the grocery store to grab something that looks good and then get a shocker on the carb count ...50g per serving ...na, not going to put that much in my body and still be hungry!!

I try to balance out what I am eating...keep the fat level and carb level low which doesn't mean you can't eat your favorite lasagne dish but maybe do fewer pasta levels and add cheese that is low in fat and sodium and use a lean meat or use veggies. Get creative with your food.

Postby MissAutumn » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:14 am

I only started my diary on Sunday and I can already I can see where I need to cut stuff out. I snack a little too much. What I snack on isn't too bad (fruit, carrots & hummus but I have had a small amount of chocolate this week).

A good way to lower your carb intake for lasagna is to use leeks instead of pasta sheets. The texture is really similar. I definitely need to lower my intake of fats and carbs.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:25 pm

Postby galled » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:21 am

I've found that it's not the snacks so much as what that snacks have in them. I snack more today than I ever have.

Fruit is double-edge sword--yes, it's good for you, but packed with sugar--so you can over do it.

What worked for me is limiting how many carbs I eat at a given time so my body stays in ketosis. What's wonderful about it all is ketosis forces your body to use your fat as energy--as it was designed to do. We modern humans eat so many carbs that it turns into fat (carbs turn into fat faster than when you eat fat), and your body will use carbs as energy because it's easier. Ketosis is when you put your body into a very low carb diet, so you become a fat burning machine.

Note that it's not that you can't eat carbs, but you have to limit how many you eat at a given time (I try and keep it below 10g of carbs an hour--but they say you can to 20-30 per meal/snack/hour). I've lost 45lbs just doing this--and I never go hungry and don't count calories. I do however watch my fat intake (if you eat fat, your body will burn those first rather than the bits around your belly and booty!).

Server Administrator

Postby Bassy » Sat May 01, 2021 5:28 pm

This is something that is so challenging for me. I am trying to change my eating habits and cook better meals is where I need to start. One meal that I would eat now to get healthier is making my home version of a qdoba bowl because I had qdoba for the first time and I got this queso bowl and tasted so good. I tried it:

Rice
Black Beans
Queso (I used Queso Blanco Dip)
Corn
Chicken (Is also good without chicken!)
Shredded cheese

Its like a vegatarian meal, if you get vegatarian friendly cheese. Ive been considering starting a vegetarian lifestyle, though I have no hate towards eating meat because I love meat haha. I just want to eat healthier.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 01, 2021 5:50 pm

I find watching the carbs allows me to keep a stable weight. I eat a pasta meal only once in awhile now. Watch the carb count on the jars of spaghetti sauce Classico brand only has 8 grams a serving. You can still eat meatballs and sauce or parmesan chicken.

If you are looking for healthy and low carb there are lots of low carb salad dressings. I love the ginger dressing.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge