The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Farewell dear friend!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Farewell dear friend!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 14, 2020 9:28 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I let you know Vivianne will be under hospice care soon and will not be with us in this world for long.
Not all of you knew Vivianne's struggles because she wanted to keep conversation centered on the positive things in life.

I asked Vivianne if it was ok to share the news with you all and to give us all the opportunity to say good bye and give us a chance to let her know how she has touched our lives.

This is what Vivianne said: ..." please convey my apologies in advance if I can't reply and give my thanks to everyone for their friendship and love.
Windlyn gave me a space to be myself and experience some fleeting happiness. I'm thankful for everyone here... my parents are glad I had such good friends and found a place like Windlyn... please rest assured I'm surrounded by love and am currently at peace."

True to her feisty self she adds: "I'm going to try to linger, and I'm going to haunt the snot out of you guys when I'm gone. Because I love windlyn, and snot is disgusting."

:heart: The spirit of Vivianne will live on in Windlyn ! :heart:

We love you Vivianne!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 am

Re: Farewell dear friend!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 14, 2020 9:29 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 14, 2020 9:35 pm

You will be missed and not forgotten! :hug:

I vow to keep the legend of Vivianne alive! :cheer:

I'll never look at a squirrel or bunny or duck the same way thanks to you! :cheeky:

I will name my next pengwing after you! :pengwing:

I'm going to eat cake and celebrate you on your birthday! (not the whole cake...well...maybe) :scream:

Postby galled » Thu May 14, 2020 10:49 pm

My heart sank when I saw this thread. I am heartbroken and I knew this was coming (as it will to all of us eventually), but I'm also grateful that I have a chance to say farewell to you Vivianne and tell you how much having the privilege of knowing you has meant to me. I can't help but echo Lemon's feelings that you've been an inspiration and a shinning star to all of us. Knowing you did not set out to do so, you nevertheless set an example of how one faced with the almost unimaginable adversity can face things and succeed when your spirit is strong and positive. I've never known anyone with a more thoughtful and gentle soul as yours and I've said it before, but I want you to have no doubt that you have touched my heart and I will never forget you. I will always remember your math lessons, facts about stuff I didn't know, your cutest drawings, and just being silly to just be silly! I will think of you in the coming days and far into the future, and while I will be sad (sorry I won't be able to help it), I will choose to remember the happy memories of friendship!

I know you might not respond, but my hope is you'll find this: Know you are loved, treasured, and will be missed!!

I don't believe in coincidences and believe you found Windlyn for a reason. I will always treasure your time here. You will always be a Winner! I also believe there is a better place beyond and we'll meet again. So it's just goodbye for now, my dear friend!

Love and hugs! :heart: :hug: :cry:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Adol Christin » Fri May 15, 2020 2:37 am

Not sure certain word in English, so write it in Chinese: 请节哀顺变
Lemon, I hope you okay. You too Galled.

I am very sorry about it. I feel very lucky to have got to know Vivianne, even for short time.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 pm

你好! 我叫张伟。很高兴认识你。
Hello! I'm Zhang Wei. I'm happy to meet you.
Easy confused.

Questing Yin Cha themed hang out

Postby Vivianne » Fri May 15, 2020 8:57 am

Lemon - thank you for setting up this thread.

galled - I don't have adequate words. Thank you so much for being my friend, and helping me with tech questions, and just being a really great person. Thank you so much for being you.

Thank you, too, for your thoughtful message.

Adol - I asked my dad for the meaning and context of your words. I don't think there's a good equivant in English, so Chinese is perfect here.

谢谢你! 很高兴有幸能够成为你的朋友

Xie Xie! Wo hen gao xing ne shi wo de peng you.

Thank you! I am very fortunate to have you as my friend.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:14 am

Postby MissAutumn » Fri May 15, 2020 11:25 am

My heart breaks to hear the news. I know we haven't spoken to each other for the last couple of months but I really enjoyed our chats on here. I still need to check out Elizabeth Barrett Browning, I remember you read her works during Victober and praised her highly. You're such an inspiration to us all, Vivianne. I won't ever forget you, Vivianne.

Goodbye lovely. Sending you love and hugs. :heart: :hug:

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:14 am

Postby Adol Christin » Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 pm

Pleasure to have you as a friend was mine. You are kind soul. I believe we meet again someday. You very brave and I will try to be as brave as you.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 pm

Postby Gingerale » Fri May 15, 2020 6:14 pm

It is never easy to say good-bye no matter how much we try to prepare ourselves for its eventual coming.

Vivianne, I love your avatar styles, I love the little cheeky humor you insert into your posts, I love how you gifted the heck out of everyone, I love how you started so many threads that tested my brain, I love how you shared from the heart and how you always find a more positive twist on things. I love your cute artwork - who knew you were so talented! I love your persistence and determination, you have been an inspiration!

Thank you for finding your way to Windlyn, setting up your little corner, and sharing your life with us!

And how in the heck did you type so fast??? I'd be doing one post and look and you'd have several done! You are amazing!

I've tucked you into a special place in my heart.
:heart:

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am

Postby Diana » Fri May 15, 2020 11:06 pm

Vivianne, I am so sad to hear this news! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I know we haven't talked much, but I've loved getting to know you from reading your posts on the forums. You are such a strong, positive force and I am so glad you became a part of Windlyn! You have always have interesting and thoughtful things to share.

I knew this day would come, but I hoped it never would. I don't want to say goodbye to anyone. Everyone on Windlyn becomes like a family member to me, it's heartbreaking to see you go. :cry:

I'll miss you very much! Thank you for being here with us! :hug: :cry:

Site Admin

Postby npixelz » Sat May 16, 2020 4:41 am

How to describe a friend.

How do you describe a friend?
One who is with you until the end?
One who cares for you like a sister or a brother,
Who cares for you like no other.
How do you describe friendship?
Like going on a wonderful trip,
With the ones you love beside you,
Sticking together like glue.
How do you describe a loved one?
Like the Earth, the moon, and the sun.
All are necessary for life,
Even when there is strife,
A friend is that and more,
They make you feel good like never before,
And so I ask how you describe a friend?
In lots of laughter or little moments?
Or in goodness gave and kindness got,
In love earned and gentleness taught,
How do you describe a friend?
I just call her Vivianne.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby npixelz » Sat May 16, 2020 4:53 am

I think, we should do something on the site to honour Vivianne. Like an item of her request, or something.

Postby Mouse » Sat May 16, 2020 5:25 am

Vivianne, I'm gonna miss your spunk!
We started on here around the same time! I'm gonna miss your cheerful attitude and cheeky jokes. You have an excitedness that shines on everything you do and I'm thankful I got to meet you! Thank you for always chatting with me and sharing your new experiences with me.
I'll miss you, Vivianne! Thank you for being here!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat May 16, 2020 5:26 am

Ooh a vivi item would be a good tribute

And yes
Haunt us

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage