The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Item Rarity?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Item Rarity?

Postby Banan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:52 am

Hello, I am a new member here. I would like to know if there is a difference in rarity of items acquired through fishing.
I would also like to know the general tier list of items in terms of their rarity/difficulty to obtain. Please help!

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 4:19 pm

Re: Item Rarity?

Postby MissAutumn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:43 am

The rarest items are the space helmets, non-lunar backgrounds and the special edition of the bear pet.

Next, are the lunar backgrounds, wands, telescopes and other accessories.

The items you'll get the most of are the dresses.

This is just my experience of the fishing for items. I unfortunately can't give any odds. Maybe galled might have an idea? I tried looking a guide but I couldn't find one.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 9:19 pm

Postby galled » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Lemon probably remembers which items they are, but there are a couple of ultra rare items that can only be gotten from the fishing pond. It's has also been said that a few very old event items have appeared on occasion too (maybe it was during events?), but I've never caught any.

Some of the Quests can be completed with common fishing items, and the rewards for those tend to be much rarer, so I find fishing to be productive no matter what i catch! ;)

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 2:19 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Banan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:59 pm

Thanks so much guys! Is it true fishing is only available once every 8 hours?

Postby galled » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:13 pm

I think you can fish sooner, but it's a random chance to catching something. It seems 8 hours will remove the random factor. Hope that makes sense!

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Fish every 8 hours. I have found trying more often doesn't work...think of it as dumpster diving on other games but instead of once a day you can get the opportunity to get items 3 times a day if you time it right.

MissAutumn has the rarity down pretty good. Meteor shower probably the rarest of the backgrounds.
Gold telescope of the telescopes.
Definitely the blue ursus egg pet.
Star divers helmet gazer more rare on the helmets.

Lazarus shop items are generally only avaiable during events and some never come back or will reappear in an event as a random gift ( like Valentine's gift boxes or easter eggs), so I recommend you always buy from the Lazarus shop. We did get some 2014 Halloween items in the Halloween event which everyone was ecstatic about!
Tons of dresses and ribbons but the Quests ask for those. Quests are supposed to have wings but I have not found them yet.

Iconic Windlyn WINGS can only be obtained in an event and are super rare as are items from one day collecting events. Unless someone had a mule you are probably not going to have them part with the one of a kind items. Akuyi sometimes does them as a raffle though so not impossible.

Windlyn commemorative items are automatically given to registered users at the time they come out and are not retroactive ( such as the windlyn beta fish was given out when Windlyn went to beta and added pets). Once in awhile an old member comes on and will part with them for a large amount of feathers or rare item trade.

Hope this helps.

Postby Banan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:05 pm

That was a perfect explanation! THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:09 pm

Was there a particular item you were trying to get/find?

Postby MissAutumn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:46 pm

I'm glad we helped you out. :)

Postby Banan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:37 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Was there a particular item you were trying to get/find?

Um... Im doing a quest and I need a 'Sunburst' Neopolitana, do you know where I can find that?

Postby MissAutumn » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:15 pm

I think that's an old event item. Best to cancel the quest and try again in 12 hours, or go do the other sister's quest if you haven't done so.

Postby Banan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:25 pm

MissAutumn wrote:I think that's an old event item. Best to cancel the quest and try again in 12 hours, or go do the other sister's quest if you haven't done so.

Ah I was avoiding the other sister's quest because there is another event item I think... Oh well!! Ill keep trying ^^
Thanks!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:50 pm

Banan , you are not going to find anyone who will want to sell you a past item to use in the quests....they are too rare.

If the quest asks you for something not in the fishing pond ( ask Gingerale for fishing pond items if you don't have it) or not in the shops, then cancel and check back in 12 hours for another quest. You can do both sister's quests every 12 hours.

Postby Banan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Banan , you are not going to find anyone who will want to sell you a past item to use in the quests....they are too rare.

If the quest asks you for something not in the fishing pond ( ask Gingerale for fishing pond items if you don't have it) or not in the shops, then cancel and check back in 12 hours for another quest. You can do both sister's quests every 12 hours.

Yeah I figured getting previous items would be a difficult task! I will familiarize myself with the items acquired through fishing, thank you!

Postby Gingerale » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:14 pm

I have lots of fishing items the quest request so ask away!!

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 1:19 pm

Next

Return to The Lounge