The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Favorite quotes or lyrics?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Favorite quotes or lyrics?

Postby silverberry » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:42 am

I'm always amazed at how a properly-worded phrase could be so striking or humorous. Since I'm reading a long-runner series at the moment, I thought I'd share some really good excerpts here!

Feel free to share your favorite groups of words as well!!

How long had he been doing what was necessary instead of what was right? In a fair world they would be one and the same.

At my age, if I make it up, it's still an old saying.

"He swore in the old way, on his sword, slicing his arm to show he would shed his last drop before breaking it. I know a thing or two of men, girl. That one will follow you against an army with nothing but his bare hands."

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 pm

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Re: Favorite quotes or lyrics?

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:49 am

More than the 'present', the 'past' is a sufferable thing when you get too close to it.

From a Hetalia doujin, said by APH Japan.

Postby silverberry » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:01 am

That's an unexpected source omg

"Take life as it comes. Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

It was easier to be brave when someone needed your protection.

And the quickest to harm a stranger are the soonest to think a stranger will harm them.

Hope is like a piece of string when you're drowning. It just isn't enough to get you out of trouble by itself.

"We try not to dwell too much on what is gone. The strongest heart will break under the strain."

...I have a lot saved from this book.

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:53 am

Ikr LOOOL

Wow those are nice quotes
Imma steal em-//slappedhard HAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA

Not exactly a motivational or any sort of theme quote, it's just beautiful to read and imagine:
We didn't notice the deep dark shadow that light had cast.

From Black Butler

Postby silverberry » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:08 am

Oooh good imagery there!!

Ah, same. Sometimes quotes are just. A pretty set of words. Or even just something that gives a really good image. It doesn't have to be deep haha!

Something like the "the light at the end of his mental tunnel only showed more tunnel". It's just such a well-written sentence, and a unique turn of the phrase.

More from EotW:

"There is a different beauty in simplicity, in a single line placed just so, a single flower among the rocks. The harshness of the stone makes the flower more precious."

"When what they do is hidden, men sometimes deal with strangers in ways they wouldn't if there were other eyes to see."

When you have never known a thing except to dream, it becomes more than a talisman."

“You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways.”

Postby Polaris » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:42 am

I once belonged in a world under the sun
(The song paused, the song stopped)
A smoky layer of mist in the heart of the stars
(You erased me, you forgot me)

134340 - BTS (english translation)

Love the entire lyrics of song because it's not only got a metaphorical meaning of being abandoned/betrayed by someone you loved/trusted, but also heavily references the (ex)Planet of Pluto in so many ways such as:

134340 - numeric code & Pluto's minor planet designation

Eris - another dwarf planet that, at the time of its discovery, was thought to be larger than
Pluto and was dubbed as the "10th planet" of our solar system

My seasons were always you
My cold heart is 248 degrees below zero
It stopped the day you erased me
Damn

The number of -248 degrees Celsius - refers not only to how many Earth years it takes Pluto to
revolve around the Sun, but also is a reference to the average temperature of Pluto (ranges
between -220 to -250 degrees Celsius)

I’m just orbiting you
(Beyond the fog, I watch you as you continue to smile
Without you or anything
There’s no meaning to my irregular orbit)

Pluto's irregular orbit - its orbital path lies on a different plane from the other 8 planets in
our solar system, its angled at 17 degrees (higher incline) and has an elongated ellipse shape
compared to the other planets

Ahh so many references, I love it!!
NASA's Johnson Space Center (Houston, Texas) actually added 134340 (and 2 other space-inspired BTS songs) to the playlist for NASA's next lunar journey!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:15 pm

LMAO THE TUNNEL ONE, it still cracked me up till this day HAAHAHAHAAHA XDDDD

Wow the BTS one though... dayum the lyrics are beautiful and fits perfectly well with the facts

Speaking of songs, was listening to one of em the other day and fav part are these:

The ugly burn marks that remain on half of her body even now
Etch those two’s memories

^A short verse, giving closure to a story.

That “girl” pretending to be the lead role
As usual, is absorbing herself in selfishness
While the loneliness of having lost her “counterpart”
Shows a little on her face

^Another short verse, but somehow explained the entire plot to another story.

Just before his death, a solitary man created
That small theater deep in the forest

^ This part sounded sad af :///

katana" "Blood-Stained Scissors" "Violet Katana"
The days we wait for those who have yet to awake

^ This part sounded edgy LOL love it more when it was being sung.

It's the lyrics for Heartbeat Clocktower, a.k.a. Clockwork lullaby 4, written by Akuno-P.

Postby silverberry » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:39 am

Polaris
It's amazing they managed to weave scientific facts into their songs and use them as metaphors!!
Pluto's such a good choice - a lot of people (including me) was felt personally betrayed when it got declassified as a planet HAHA

Cilencio Cerbera
I wish I could have Sir Pratchett's wit in writing HAHAHAHA

Oh!! Akuno-P is mothy, right? Vocaloid songs can have so many convoluted theories and associations with other songs, but mothy's songs reference each other so much huhu. I'm no longer following The Seven Deadly Sins mega-series but I still see it around my circles, and it looks like it just keeps getting more complicated.

---

Speaking of songs, I love that delivery and music adds a whole 'nother layer to lyrics.

Like, Moonlight Over Silver White by Madder Mortem, for example. From the title alone, it sounds like something chilly and ethereal. The intro matches that expectation, except it sounds a bit more... hollow and alone. Then the guitars kick in with a bleak riff that wouldn't be out of place in a black metal song. A distorted, far-away voice starts screaming ("Sleep and it's over"). It builds up, then suddenly falls back to melodious and ethereal for the verses, then back to harsh for the bridge and chorus, and back again.

The contrast is in the lyrics too:
Mooonlight over silver white
Angry stars are out tonight
Glaring down on battered snow
I have nowhere else to go
Countless gentle blades of light
So pristine and always right
Solemnly reminding me
Of all the things I'll never be

Feel the noise subside
Here’s the moment when you know:
There'll be no one by your side for this
Moonlight over silver white
Angry stars that burn too bright
Catch my breath and let it go
Fade like footprints in the snow

Very poetic, very beautiful imagery, yet it has the undertone of being overwhelmed and alone.

EDIT: Song has the bridge "Here's the silence, soft as down", but at that moment, it drops the ethereal music for distorted guitars, and also almost screams it out instead of singing it.

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:47 am

Pluto will still be one of the planet solar system gang in my heart XD

It sounds as though he wrote it from his personal experience, but still, that level of creativity with words and ability to put whatever one experience into word form are very amazing.

HAHAAHAAH Yeees! Yup, the story released by Mothy had evolved into some 5th 6th realm shet HAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAH Lately, he had been releasing the retuning of old songs, and some with new PVs.

Wow, the lyrics rhyme ToT
The imagery provided here can be very inspirational when having an artblock. The screams intensify the emotions conveyed in the lyrics.
Overall, it seems to give out some deep emotions from someone that is trapped in this lonesome situation.

Postby Polaris » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:58 pm

Wait what???? I thought the whole Seven Deadly Sins + Evilious Chronicles ended like years ago? I haven't listened to those songs nor VOCALOID in forever oh gosh

Feelin' hypnotized by the words that you said
Don't lie to me, just get in my head
When the morning comes you're still in my bed
But it's so, so cold

Who - Lauv feat. BTS (JK & JM)

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 am

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:02 am

Evillious Chronicles is far from ending yet :cry:

Been listening to this song for quite some time now, the imagery is rather beautiful and chilly:

The echoes of bells, offering their blessings
My chaste wings smolder impurely
Allow me to invite you to our Christmas Eve banquet
Pay tribute with a hymn. Fall from grace along with us

Keep your eyes on me for now
The brilliantly shining stars are pretty, aren't they?
Make a wish on this immaculate night
And destroy the entire world

Lyrics from Seishoujo Syndrome, †Fanatic

Postby silverberry » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:58 am

It's absolutely still ongoing!! It's a monstrously large series. I think the Original Sin subseries is getting another novel by the end of 2020? Last I heard, an Evillous-related novel was released last year.

I've fallen out of the Vocaloid fandom for years now. It's tempting to get back into it, but Evillous is just too complicated LMAO

Kinda related since we're talking about songs-
From The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett:
Nothing’s louder than the end of a song that’s always been there.

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:23 pm

Hooolyshoot, didn't even know of that news! Man, I can't wait for more info to be released. Mothy has a way with concealing stuff and reveal the story bits by bits.

HAHAHAAHA, it's easier to memorize the name of countries of the entire world than to finish reading the entire Evillious Chronicles. I just stick to the Original Sin series, the Theater arc is too complicated for me.

Hmmm don't quite understand that quote by Terry P.

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:24 am

" people fall in love in mysterious ways, may be just the of a touch of a hand"

i thought this line was ridiculous...but when it happened to me :heart: :heart: can't even explain it and its even more ridiculous! :grin: :grin:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 am

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:41 am

Obtained from Slow, Love, Slow, by Nightwish:

This deep sigh
Cover all my chest
Intoxicated by a major chord

Sighing is therapeutic and addictive in its own way XD but I'd not recommend doing that. As this momentary relaxation somehow brings down one's entire spirit/strength to face an issue. Unless, the issue is over, then let out that sigh, and tears, and fall down the ground to relax for you deserve it all after fighting for so long.

I wonder do I love you?
Or the though of you?

Damn this hit hard to home. There're quite some number of people that I'd seen fantasize about relationship with their s/o before going into a relationship. And when the relationship starts, it ultimately leads to failure due to them loving the fantasized thought of having an ideal relationship more than the person themselves. They were disappointed when reality ain't as 'beautiful' and 'ideal' as fantasy.

Slow, love, slow
Only the weak
Are not lonely

War flashback to primary and secondary school years HAHAAHAHAAHAHA

Next

Return to The Lounge